Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets vs. Giants - what do you want to see tomorrow?

Jets vs. Giants - what do you want to see tomorrow?

While it was great to get football back last week, the game itself left a lot to be desired from a fan perspective. Hard to be excited about much more than what we saw from Coples in his debut.

Since we'll have the starters on the field for at least 20-25 minutes, what do you hope to see in this Saturday's game? My initial thought was some crispness in the passing game, but with the injuries at WR I can wait another week for that. For me, it's:

Offense:
    Power running. I'd like to see the Jets actually pick up a few first downs just by running the ball on first and second down. I don't need the 20-yard runs, I'd just like to see a handful of 6/7-yard gains.

Powell / McKnight - hopefully one of these guys has a big game and starts to pull away as the leader in the race for 3rd-down back.

Defense:
    Safety play - everything points to Landry and Bell being upgrades over Smith and Leonhard. Wouldn't mind seeing one of those guys validate that opinion this weekend.

Davis - The sooner Davis is getting some serious snaps on defense the sooner this defense gets a much-needed injection of speed. Will be watching him closely.

Id like to see Matt Simms get some snaps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Want to see the offensive line block. Protect the QB and open up some holes for the runningbacks.

Is a competant scoring drive from our #1 Offense without sacks too much to ask?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm looking foward to seeing Demps return kicks and getting the ball in the open field..

Ummmmmmm wait!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No injuries.

This will be a big test for the Offense. I want to see:

1. TDs from the starting offense, preferably a TD throw from Sanchez.
    2. The young WRs to step up and demonstrate they deserve to make the team. I'm looking for Hill, Pollard, White, and Riley.
    3. RT (and the OL) to step up and maintain a clean pocket, protect the QB, and open holes in the run game
    4. The TE and RBs to step up in pass protection -- chip blocking and picking up the blitz

Two words:
    Pass Protection

Hall Of Fame
    At one point I want to see an all-rookie/youngster secondary.

Bush at FS

Allen at SS

Steed at CB

Lankster at CB

_

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Two words:
    Pass Protection
    Yup, that's it right there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Id like to see tebow with the 1s.

I just want to see our offense score... is it too much to ask to hope for 20+ points? Lets see some scoring please... if its over 20 points i guarantee at least one of those touchdowns is special teams/defense.

1. No injuries

2. No picks or fumbles from Sanchez

3. Greene to have at least 1 run longer than 5yds

4. A reasonable impersonation of a decent o-line

5. Sanchez to throw and preferably complete a pass that travels more than 15yds in the air

6. Coples to continue to impress

Competence from the offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    for this collection of flotsam, yes I believe it is, especially against a top defense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I would even take a sack or two if it results in a competent scoring drive from the 1s.

And a completion that travels over 20 yards in the air.

Rookie
    1. Capable of sustaining great tension or strain without breaking. TOUGHNESS! JETS,JETS,JETS!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Two words:
    Pass Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yup, that's it right there.
    I'll add one more to this Pass Protection along with accurate throws from Sanchez.

lets see if out 1st string OL can block, and see if we can score some points. im pretty sure we will fail at both

All Pro
    IMPROVED OL PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!