Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sprinter Demps picks Patriots over Jets: report

All League
    Doesn't matter; passing league.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Sprinter Demps picks Patriots over Jets: report #nyj: http://nyp.st/S1RDjq via @newyorkpost
    This brings decision brings Demps intelligence into question.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This brings decision brings Demps intelligence into question.
    I thought you guys were happy with McKnight as a KR? The Pats don't have anyone nearly as good as McKnight, so the job is Demps's to lose before he even suits up. I don't think there is any guarantee that he could beat out McKnight.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    All set for ground and pound are you? Cool. Can't wait to watch the games.

And you're right. Why would the Jets want to pick up a guy who is instantly the fasted player in the NFL with a proven ability to catch the ball out of the backfield? After all, he's no Bilal Powell.
    Right, because nothing says ground and pound like having a 5'7 running back.

Jets Insider VIP
    considering that the only decent running back the pats had last season left for the Bengals leaving them with a couple of Billybusts and Frodo Woodcock, it's probably a good thing to pick up another Hobbit, Bimbo Demps Baggins to desperately try and be able to run for 30-40 yards a game while Tammi has to throw the ball 70 times or more

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    considering that the only decent running back the pats had last season left for the Bengals leaving them with a couple of Billybusts and Frodo Woodcock, it's probably a good thing to pick up another Hobbit, Bimbo Demps Baggins to desperately try and be able to run for 30-40 yards a game while Tammi has to throw the ball 70 times or more on his way to yet another cakewalk to the AFCE title and 13-3 record.
    fixed for (a tiny bit of ) accuracy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    1. He wasn't drafted as he would not commit to football over playing in the Olympics. He probably would have been drafted in the 4-5th rd if he committed to the nfl.

2. The guy rushed the ball 100 times a year in the sec, that does equate to something.

3. I have no idea how effective he will be in any role, football is not his #1 love- track was. We will need to see if he can turn the page from track and give the effort to football now. But the guy is a very fast football player. But he may not even make the team

4. He will return kicks, and probably get no more than a few snaps during a game. He is too small to be an effective 3rd down back.

However I do want to see him run a reverse out of the wr slot.
    Very short sighted.

Of course he didn't pick football over the Olympics, but everyone knew when the Olympics would end... well before the football season.

Come on.

If he was that good, someone would have thrown away a late round pick on the chance he would pick up football after the Olympics. It certainly was not unlikely a scenario. How was he going to make a living? Running races? Against who?

I'm inclined to believe that he's always known his first big paycheck would be from an NFL team.

He's a weapon, no doubt, but he's not some superstar in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Very short sighted.

Of course he didn't pick football over the Olympics, but everyone knew when the Olympics would end... well before the football season.

Come on.

If he was that good, someone would have thrown away a late round pick on the chance he would pick up football after the Olympics. It certainly was not unlikely a scenario. How was he going to make a living? Running races? Against who?

I'm inclined to believe that he's always known his first big paycheck would be from an NFL team.

Superstar? I said he was listed as a 4th to 5th rd player before he said that he would not participate in football in during the spring last September.

When a player publicly says that football is not his first love that scares a lot of teams away from spending a draft pick.

Track guys make good money, You realize that a 5th rd pick i likely only going to make about $300,000 per year and Demps sneaker contract as a Gold medal winner would have been more than that. But he got a silver. Track athletes get paid pretty well on tour. not NFL money but a hell of a lot more than 99% of us and nobody is trying to take their head off either.

As far as a weapon, I didn't even say he would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Very short sighted.

Come on.

Actually, it wasn't the end of the Olympics....they didn't think he would retire from running right after the Olympics. He indicated he wanted to run beyond the Olympics...

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Jets signing Tiny rhe Gator woyld have been decried by NFLN..ESPN and the rest as a risky PR move by a dysfunctional circus.

The Cheats signing him will be described as another brilliant decision by THE GENIUS showing how marvelous the Patriot Way truly is
    I was thinking the same thing.

Rookie
    Signing Demps is potentially improving an area of the game that the Pats are not strong in. Using him as a KR and possibly improving that part of the game makes it a good move for Pats.

He will most likely be eased into the offense at RB. I could see him being used later in games when the opposing defenses are gassed.

The Jets already have that area covered with McKnight and Demps isn't a ground and pound type back.

That is why the press would have crucified Rex and they praise the Pats.

Who cares about this guy? Pats offense was gonna be dominant with or without this dude.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Who cares about this guy? Pats offense was gonna be dominant with or without this dude.
    On paper - when healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    All set for ground and pound are you? Cool. Can't wait to watch the games.

And you're right. Why would the Jets want to pick up a guy who is instantly the fasted player in the NFL with a proven ability to catch the ball out of the backfield? After all, he's no Bilal Powell.
    Why this board continues to allow this whiny little troll to prance around here and continue to bring him back from multiple bans and multiple user names is beyond me.