Thread: Rumor: Vikings looking to trade Percy Harvin

Rumor: Vikings looking to trade Percy Harvin

Did anyone else hear about this rumor? I heard the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin. Boomer and Carton also talked about it this morning, saying the Jets were a possibility.

The Jets were interested in him back in 2009, right? Seems plausible if the Vikings are looking for a trade the Jets would be interested.

If the rumor turned out to be true, do you think it would be a good move? Better WR depth vs keeping next year draft picks.
    Last edited by Ltalianguy; 08-17-2012 at 05:16 PM.

All Pro
    Dump or change the title.

All League
    Incarcerated Bob rumor.

He's not being traded and they're not shopping him.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Dump or change the title.
    Changed the title so its clear its a rumor.

Jets Insider VIP
    This would be an awesome trade!!!

Let's put him right into the mix at Right Tackle and see what he can do!

the jets could bring in megatron, and the O would still suck. sanchez still wont have time to throw the ball downfield

Veteran
    I would love to attain harvin for a 3rd that can turn into a 2nd based upon performance.

The issue, however, is his migraines. Migraines are progressive in most cases; the typically get worse over time. My x had them and they got worse and worse over our two year relationship. Very debilitating.

But a healthy Harvin/Holmes in the slot, with the other + Hill stretching the outside would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    I would love to attain harvin for a 3rd that can turn into a 2nd based upon performance.

The issue, however, is his migraines. Migraines are progressive in most cases; the typically get worse over time. My x had them and they got worse and worse over our two year relationship. Very debilitating.

But a healthy Harvin/Holmes in the slot, with the other + Hill stretching the outside would be fantastic.
    They also increase with stress ... NFL games have been known to produce stress.

Veteran
    Terrel Davis had migranes and a pretty short career, ask them in Denver if he was worth it.
    I like Harvin, but if his head is a problem, you really have to wonder.Glad I don't make decisions like this.

I still say pass Regardless. We haven't even gotten out of the Holmes deal and people are already asking to do it again. We have already started moving in the right direction at WR lets not stop now. Harvin is not a dominate WR people are making him out to be and misses games every year. Good hands good speed but overall just not all that great. I'd rather go with Hill then line up two short WRs that haven't proven they can be reliable #1s. If we had the CAP fine line him up at the slot but at this point we have much bigger issues to fill.

Jets Insider VIP
    another unneeded semi broken down beast

In before the dump

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    In before the dump
    Too late

Veteran
    I hope like hell we get Percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ltalianguy View Post
    Did anyone else hear about this rumor? I heard the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin. Boomer and Carton also talked about it this morning, saying the Jets were a possibility.

The Jets were interested in him back in 2009, right? Seems plausible if the Vikings are looking for a trade the Jets would be interested.

If the rumor turned out to be true, do you think it would be a good move? Better WR depth vs keeping next year draft picks.
    Lets get him in here!~

Jets Insider VIP
    Boomer and Cartoon talked about it....

SO it has to be TRUTH

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Cool The Boomer and Carton Coffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Boomer and Cartoon talked about it....

SO it has to be TRUTH

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    ! Hard to BELIEVE that Boomer and Carton talked about something else other than where they went for dinner and the new Maxim girls. Their air time should be reduced to 5 minutes at 2:00 am.

The Vikings are going to want more than a third I think. He'd instantly become the best player in our offense.

Wow, your willing to give up all of a 3rd rd pick for a guy that only averages 2000 yds from scrimmage and makes 1mill a year.? Why in a million years would the vikings trade thier #1 weapon who gets paid crap for the 90th pick in next years draft? He is 24, never been in any trouble and in the previous 3 years he missed 3 games total and none last year. Maybe if the jets offer a 2nd they can get Jimmy Graham.