Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: week 2 - Friday Night PS games discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Its amazing. 2 years ago they are the skidmarks of the NFL. They get a QB and now they will contend for years b.c of him. If you don't have a QB, you have nothing.

It pays to suck at the right time.
    We did get Gholsten ...and have you forgotten Blair Thomas?

He was a huge loss.

But get used to it. Our current GM and HC will continue to neglect the offense. Rex thinks that coaches can make any player a good blocker. He has no understanding of offense other than how to defend it.
    Ummm, ok.

That same GM and HC signed Hartsock in the first place, so I don't see how that makes any sense. They thought Mulligan had ability, and had the same makeup of Hartsock, that obviously wasn't the case, but to suggest they won't do anything about it is dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    southpark -- were Panthers still playing all their ones when the Phins were able to finally move the ball in the second quarter?

Megatron schooling the Ravens that drive...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ummm, ok.

That same GM and HC signed Hartsock in the first place, so I don't see how that makes any sense. They thought Mulligan had ability, and had the same makeup of Hartsock, that obviously wasn't the case, but to suggest they won't do anything about it is dumb.
    I know you have a lot more faith in them than I do but I think even you can admit that they should have done more this off season to bolster the offense. When are they going to do something? TC is almost over.

We shall see what happens in the future but our roster on offense has eroded the past couple of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    never thought Id see a dozen posts or so about the greatness of Ben Hartsuck and how horrible it was that the Jets let this superstar go elsewhere

He was as bad as Mulligan was in the area of dumbassed false starts and drops as much as I can remember about his Jet career

I know you have a lot more faith in them than I do but I think even you can admit that they should have done more this off season to bolster the offense.

We shall see what happens in the future but our roster on offense has eroded the past couple of years.
    I don't think they are done.

They drafted at WR, they had players coming by back they were high on in Cumberland and Baker, they drafted at RB and like their youth at RB, they like the youth they have on the OL in players like Schlauderaff, Ducasse, and Howard, and may not be done addressing the position.

They can only address so much with their cap situation and the number of picks they had, I still like the way their draft turned out based on what was on the board and what they needed. Not everything can be addressed at once.

I still think the Jets make a move at WR, TE and maybe OL as the pre-season progresses.

Hall Of Fame
    Blount took a bad shot to his left knee. He is walking off the field though. Has a limp.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    never thought Id see a dozen posts or so about the greatness of Ben Hartsuck and how horrible it was that the Jets let this superstar go elsewhere

He was as bad as Mulligan was in the area of dumbassed false starts and drops as much as I can remember about his Jet career
    Ray v sg3.

This should be a dandy.

Veteran
    Stafford showing off his rocket arm with Calvin Johnson.

Rookie Justin Tucker looks like he has got Billy Cundiff beat in the kicking competition. The kid is kicking the hell out of the pigskin.

Both the Raven and Lions using a lot of no huddle.

Jets Insider VIP
    no fight with ray

ray is a terrific Jet fan who roots for the Jets

just would like to discuss tonights preseason games rather than read you two derail this thread for a discussion about a fourth string quality tight end

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Stafford showing off his rocket arm with Calvin Johnson.

Rookie Justin Tucker looks like he has got Billy Cundiff beat in the kicking competition. The kid is kicking the hell out of the pigskin.

Both the Raven and Lions using a lot of no huddle.
    lol

Hall Of Fame
    Fair enough.

But he was 2nd string.

Hall Of Fame
    Brees to Henderson. Back shoulder for the TD. THAT was a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    southpark -- were Panthers still playing all their ones when the Phins were able to finally move the ball in the second quarter?
    I'm back and forth with Yankee game so not sure.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Trying to watch the Bills/Vikings game...

I'm dying to see the Jets make a move for Percy Harvin, I think it's interesting that he isn't really playing very much, not a big part of the offense tonight, and has been replaced often in their base offense and 3+ WR sets.

Maybe the Vikings are looking for depth at the position and are considering a move? It's certainly plausible based on the amount of playing time he's getting tonight with the starters.

Wishful thinking?
    Maybe we can trade throw Peterson in the trade as well...

Hall Of Fame
    Panther's protection looks incredible, or the Fins have NO pass rush. Cam has all day, looks great. Dolphins look awful. Chalk up 2 wins.

Stafford to Megatron is unstoppable. Billick keeps repeating how Stafford said his biggest adjustment is realizing that even if Johnson has 2 guys on him, he's still not covered. What I would give to have Hill become 75% of Megatron.

Raven's offense looks good, Ray Rice and their other RB (?) running wild, Flacco looks pretty poised. Anquan Boldin is, and always has been, a punk.

Not impressed by the Bills pass rush, of what they're showing.

_

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Does anyone think Miami is going to win any games this season?
    2 both against us

Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    Maybe we can trade throw Peterson in the trade as well...
    What the hell does Peterson have to do with my post?

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Panther's protection looks incredible, or the Fins have NO pass rush. Cam has all day, looks great. Dolphins look awful. Chalk up 2 wins.

Stafford to Megatron is unstoppable. Billick keeps repeating how Stafford said his biggest adjustment is realizing that even if Johnson has 2 guys on him, he's still not covered. What I would give to have Hill become 75% of Megatron.

Raven's offense looks good, Ray Rice and their other RB (?) running wild, Flacco looks pretty poised. Anquan Boldin is, and always has been, a punk.

Not impressed by the Bills pass rush, of what they're showing.

_
    The Bills and Miami are both easy wins for us. I just think Buff finishes last in the division. They are just horrid. As I keep saying adding one good player doesn't fix their issues on D. They can't stop anything. Who cares if they added a slight pass rush with those DBs smart WRs will take advantage big time. They have too many young guys that haven't done anything in the league starting right now. Outside of Wood that OL is a joke and they really don't have a good WR core. I continue to laugh at anyone who thinks they can win 10 games this year. 6 is a high number IMO.