Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwbacks this year? Any updates?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Throwbacks this year? Any updates?

Anything new in the rumour mill about this seasons throwbacks? '78-'89 lets hope!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. They're ugly and we hate them.

Bad enough we're going to play like the '94 Jets; we don't need to look like them too.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Bad enough we're going to play like the '94 Jets; we don't need to look like them too.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol @ SOJF I.

I'd love to see them sack exchange unis as our throwback.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    our current unis are the real throwbacks and my favorites but I would not a few games with the 70's and 80's uniforms......just not the terrible Titan uniforms.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ SOJF I.

I'd love to see them sack exchange unis as our throwback.
    It's the exact opposite.

The way we get ourselves exorcised from SOJ isn't by dressing up as them. What the Jets need is a brand new alternate jersey straight out of 2012. In one form or another we've been in a 'dated' old uniform. I love our current ones, those '68 duds are definitely retro and special, but I want to see us in something a bit more current a-la the Broncos or Vikings. Give me some side stripes, a little swoosh action, give me some modern.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps but don't make it comparable to these ugly 2012 uniforms worn around the league.....the lerseys look like they have collars on them.

It's the exact opposite.

The way we get ourselves exorcised from SOJ isn't by dressing up as them. What the Jets need is a brand new alternate jersey straight out of 2012. In one form or another we've been in a 'dated' old uniform. I love our current ones, those '68 duds are definitely retro and special, but I want to see us in something a bit more current a-la the Broncos or Vikings. Give me some side stripes, a little swoosh action, give me some modern.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Anything new in the rumour mill about this seasons throwbacks? '78-'89 lets hope!

you outta your mind! outta your mind! those things are
    awful ugly. Our nike unis are bad enough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the exact opposite.

SAR I
    Figures you'd like two of the worst unis in the NFL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Seriously. Can't imagine wanting to get rid of a classic great looking uniform like ours in exchange for ugly unis like the Vikings or Broncos.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Seriously. Can't imagine wanting to get rid of a classic great looking uniform like ours in exchange for ugly unis like the Vikings or Broncos.
    As an alternate, something to wear twice a year.

I'm a fan of the Jets, Yankees, and Rangers. When wearing their jerseys I feel like I'm in 1950. I get that these are historic and iconic franchises, but getting a little alternate action should mean "modern" not "additional retro" in a world where even our parents weren't alive when these things were designed.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing worse would be seeing those hideously ugly electric disco green things with the ugly green helmets that remind everyone of the lost decade of the Coslet..Carroll..Kotite..Blair Thomas...Johnny Lame Jones...Todd...Brister...Esiason errors

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the exact opposite.

SAR I
    Hard to believe its been 10 years or so since the Broncos made that illconcieved change in duds. They should think about changing back. Or at least do what the pats do and break them out a few times a year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember a black helmet with a green old/new style logo. I get confused which one is old, but they didn't look bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I totally agree with this guys rankings but NFL.com has The 122 of 2012: The Uniform Monitorís Ranking of American Pro Sports Uniforms.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82...000d5d82b2d4bb

It looks like it's just the 4 major American sports and the guy ranks the Jets uniforms #8. The only football teams he has ranked higher are the Steelers, Raiders and 49ers.

I love our unis and would never change them. Especially for those nasty Broncos unis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think it's the Titans throwback.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Not that I totally agree with this guys rankings but NFL.com has The 122 of 2012: The Uniform Monitorís Ranking of American Pro Sports Uniforms.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82...000d5d82b2d4bb

It looks like it's just the 4 major American sports and the guy ranks the Jets uniforms #8. The only football teams he has ranked higher are the Steelers, Raiders and 49ers.

I love our unis and would never change them. Especially for those nasty Broncos unis.
    + 1. Agree

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I remember a black helmet with a green old/new style logo. I get confused which one is old, but they didn't look bad.
    Actually step...I think it was the same putrid disco green helmet with the traditional 60s green logo stuck on it...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The only thing worse would be seeing those hideously ugly electric disco green things with the ugly green helmets that remind everyone of the lost decade of the Coslet..Carroll..Kotite..Blair Thomas...Johnny Lame Jones...Todd...Brister...Esiason errors

Much rather see the sack exchange uni's than the annoying Titans gear, anyday