Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwbacks this year? Any updates?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Actually step...I think it was the same putrid disco green helmet with the traditional 60s green logo stuck on it...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    True, I dont ever remember the Jets wearing black helmets.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just win baby.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Much rather see the sack exchange uni's than the annoying Titans gear, anyday

The Titans road whites were nice. The home blue, blech. The Titans stuff was done so that Jets fans could wear a different color than green. Blue goes with everything, green not so much.

We're talking alternates here, just something to wear 2x a year. Nike won't have to do anything for us for two years as the fanbase converts to the new jerseys and sales will be brisk. But by the third or fourth year we'll be looking for something new and they won't play the Titans stuff again, they won't play throwback again, they'll give us something fresh and new.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As an alternate, something to wear twice a year.

I'm a fan of the Jets, Yankees, and Rangers. When wearing their jerseys I feel like I'm in 1950. I get that these are historic and iconic franchises, but getting a little alternate action should mean "modern" not "additional retro" in a world where even our parents weren't alive when these things were designed.

SAR I
    No, you just have no eye for the aesthetic. You're a McMansion living, base model 3 series driving, new money dilettante.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets want to get rid of the SOJ, and losing for the past 40+ yrs. its time for a whole new redesign of our uniforms. 2010 would have been the perfect time with the opening of the new stadium. its been 40 yrs of misery. time for a fresh clean slate. and who would want to go back to the uni's of the 80's and 90's with all the losing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the Giants will let us borrow their uniforms for a week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Much rather see the sack exchange uni's than the annoying Titans gear, anyday
    +1, Although I really like the old plane logo. I would bring those out if I wanted to sell a lot of stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    if the jets want to get rid of the SOJ, and losing for the past 40+ yrs. its time for a whole new redesign of our uniforms. 2010 would have been the perfect time with the opening of the new stadium. its been 40 yrs of misery. time for a fresh clean slate. and who would want to go back to the uni's of the 80's and 90's with all the losing
    lol @ you if you really think changing our unis will make us winners.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    No, you just have no eye for the aesthetic. You're a McMansion living, base model 3 series driving, new money dilettante.
    ROR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ you if you really think changing our unis will make us winners.
    Too funny, folks truly believe there is something in physical aspects of the Jets that creates a metaphysical reason we haven't won in 40+ years.

People still make a correlation with what happens today to what happened 5, 10, 20, 30+ years ago.

For crissakes, we've MOVED states, stadiums, owners, uniforms, practice facilities--the roster has turned over 10000 times, but someone will still say--yeah, but what happened back in 1986 still haunts us today or they mention Hess, or you can't draft a TE remember Johnny Mitchell or some such nonesense.

There is no ethereal reason we haven't won a SB other than the fact that we haven't been good enough.

Re-designing jerseys ain't going to make Sanchez throw better, the OLine block better, Shonn Green to run better, someone to tackle Victor Cruz and for SOMEBODY to sack the f*cking quarterback.

BTW, I love the current form of the jerseys, I just don't get the two-tone olive drab part.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    ROR
    +1. Almost sig-worthy.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Maybe the Giants will let us borrow their uniforms for a week.
    You think they would lend us JPP too?

I am not opposed to a little change-up with the Jerseys. I like our current design, but I wouldn't be opposed to maybe adding some black. And I must be the only person who likes the Titans jerseys. But I like most of the retro "ugly" jerseys. I even liked the Buccaneers throwbacks. I am not opposed to modernizing the jersey or the occasional throwback.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny.

And dead on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

You live with your parents and don't have a girlfriend.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Too funny, folks truly believe there is something in physical aspects of the Jets that creates a metaphysical reason we haven't won in 40+ years.

People still make a correlation with what happens today to what happened 5, 10, 20, 30+ years ago.

For crissakes, we've MOVED states, stadiums, owners, uniforms, practice facilities--the roster has turned over 10000 times, but someone will still say--yeah, but what happened back in 1986 still haunts us today or they mention Hess, or you can't draft a TE remember Johnny Mitchell or some such nonesense.

There is no ethereal reason we haven't won a SB other than the fact that we haven't been good enough.

Re-designing jerseys ain't going to make Sanchez throw better, the OLine block better, Shonn Green to run better, someone to tackle Victor Cruz and for SOMEBODY to sack the f*cking quarterback.

BTW, I love the current form of the jerseys, I just don't get the two-tone olive drab part.

_
    Let's leave the defense out of this, lol.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

You live with your parents and don't have a girlfriend.

SAR I
    I actually live with my fiancée. You spend your wife's bonus checks on the newest crap from Sharper Image because you think that's what successful people buy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually live with my fiancée. You spend your wife's bonus checks on the newest crap from Sharper Image because you think that's what successful people buy.
    whoa

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone knows that people with money shop at Hammacher Schlemmer and not The Sharper Image.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    +1, Although I really like the old plane logo. I would bring those out if I wanted to sell a lot of stuff.
    Agreed, I'd go for that as well

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Titans road whites were nice. The home blue, blech. The Titans stuff was done so that Jets fans could wear a different color than green. Blue goes with everything, green not so much.

We're talking alternates here, just something to wear 2x a year. Nike won't have to do anything for us for two years as the fanbase converts to the new jerseys and sales will be brisk. But by the third or fourth year we'll be looking for something new and they won't play the Titans stuff again, they won't play throwback again, they'll give us something fresh and new.

SAR I
    Know what you mean, but I despise the Titan throwbacks, its not the Jets if its not green and white