Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OL - What's management's logic?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that RT is a serious problem and could derail our season even before it starts. RT was a huge problem last year, and I'm sure Tanny/Rex know this.

So, what's their plan? There has to be one, right?

Maybe they think Sparano can turn Hunter around but that seems like a reach. Maybe they have their eye on a vet that may get cut. Maybe they'll trade for a serviceable RT??

I'm afraid to even watch tonight. With the Giants pass rush and Hunter's ineptitude, Sanchez may get killed!!
    I think their 'plan' is to replace Sanchez after he gets hurt with Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly right. maybe hunter isn't the next coming of winston hill but the fact is that the whole oline had problems last season. people only seem to remember the first play against ware and forget about the good plays that turner did make during the season against some pretty good ends. we should also not forget that schitty was well schitty and there seemed to be a feud going on with callahan. and it's not like hunter ever got any real help on his side. add all that to mangold being out for a couple and moore coming off surgery and it's almost a wonder they finished at 8-8 let alone having an 8-5 record going into the giants game.

obviously we'll see. if turner can't get the job done let's hope ducasse or someone else will step up or will be available on the waiver wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Why does that seem like a reach? What do you know more about the issue then Sparano does? Please let us all in on the secret. Maybe Sparano, Rex and T all should be fired and someone with your expertise hired.. just sayin.....

Hunter has played well in the past for us against good competition. BRICK played poorly last year too. In fact he allowed more sacks then Hunter! Please give us your opinion about that. Perhaps the whole OL was out of synch last year? I don't know and only time will tell. But I think the Hunter issue has been beaten to death here. If he shows Sparano & Rex that he can not do the job he will be gone or second string! I think they know what they are doing! Sanchez has to help out his OL a bit too by not holding the ball forever while he goes through his progressions. Then he has to fire it with accuracy and NOT lock on to a receiver. This is still a team game! Blaming ONE player does not work!

I never want to see anyone injured on either team! They are part of the game though. To blame one player for another player getting hurt is a bit over the top IMO. It takes two to tango!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    We all know that RT is a serious problem and could derail our season even before it starts. RT was a huge problem last year, and I'm sure Tanny/Rex know this.

So, what's their plan? There has to be one, right?

Maybe they think Sparano can turn Hunter around but that seems like a reach. Maybe they have their eye on a vet that may get cut. Maybe they'll trade for a serviceable RT??

I'm afraid to even watch tonight. With the Giants pass rush and Hunter's ineptitude, Sanchez may get killed!!

The above in bold tell you how I feel, I don't care as long as it's not Tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what's been going on, it probably was an illogical thought process.