S. Holmes
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    C. Schilens
    P. Turner
    R. Pollard
    D. Jackson
    E. Riley

I know they need OL help too, but this list is sad.
    Instead of trying to trade a 3rd round pick or whatever for Harvin maybe they can trade for a RT and just sign Shipley as solid possesion guy and probably a better locker room guy then other free agents out there...such as Plax or Ochocinco...maybe they can get someone not so headline hungry. Woody needs to stop pissing me off with all these headline chasers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mick605 View Post
    The Jets WR's are below:

S. Holmes
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    C. Schilens
    P. Turner
    R. Pollard
    D. Jackson
    E. Riley

Instead of trying to trade a 3rd round pick or whatever for Harvin maybe they can trade for a RT and just sign Shipley as solid possesion guy and probably a better locker room guy then other free agents out there...such as Plax or Ochocinco...maybe they can get someone not so headline hungry. Woody needs to stop pissing me off with all these headline chasers.
    Shipley was released because he can't get healthy. Yeah, he'd make a perfect addition to our WR corps. BTW, Holmes is hurt, too.

The Jets WR's are below:

S. Holmes
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    C. Schilens
    P. Turner
    R. Pollard
    D. Jackson
    E. Riley

the more "appropriate" depth chart is:
    • holmes (injured)
    • hill (rookie coming from a run firs school)
    • kerley (just not sure what his deal is, maybe success got to him but hopefully he rebounds for the season)
    • chaz (aka mr. glass)
    • p. turner (good 3rd/4th receiver)
    • jordan white (injury concerns)
    • royce pollard
    • d. jackson

so adding shipley another injury risk to our roster makes no sense
    I am all for getting percy but at what cost? i dont want to it to be a "high" pick

no to ocho/plax/to and any other washed up WR

people will jump in and say we should have signed Edwards (which i would have liked too) but maybe he was a bad locker room guy and concerns about injury? who knows but we had every chance to sign him but we chose not to

the one rumor that i love/loved is JAMES JONES
    give me that beast!

Jets Insider VIP
    Watched the fish last night...their WR corpse with Davone Bess as yhe #1 makes ours look like the old Steelers with Swann Stallworth and Co

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Watched the fish last night...their WR corpse with Davone Bess as yhe #1 makes ours look like the old Steelers with Swann Stallworth and Co

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    So you're saying we have the second worst WR corp in the league?

All League
    S. Holmes - mediocre and a quitter
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    C. Schilens - will get hurt
    P. Turner - slow and fat

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    P. Turner - slow and fat
    um, Holmes has character issues for sure but I think it's off base to call him mediocre IMHO. This guy was was a SB MVP and has a lot of talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    P. Turner - slow and fat
    Holmes technically is hurt, Hill is fine. Schilens is hurt.

If the WRs weren't injured, things wouldn't be so bad. Problem is that they're injured, and it's compounding the situation.

6 and 7 yard completions to Patrick Turner isn't going to cut it. Holmes and Hill need to get healthy, and soon.

Schilens is just unbelievable. Can the guy take steroids, or something? Tape the guy up before practice, anything.

All Pro
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    P. Turner - slow and fat
    Come on! That's not fair. Turner is not fat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He looks like a tight end?

All Pro
    The Jets WR's are below:

S. Holmes
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    C. Schilens
    P. Turner
    R. Pollard
    D. Jackson
    E. Riley

Add

J White
    W Kemp
    R Webber
    S Arukwe
    J Collins

We have a bunch of young receivers and fortune has shine upon us to get them plenty of work where they would not have had the oportunity had the veterans ( Holmes,Kerley Schelins ) not been hurt to allow them this opportunity. I don't expect all of them to make the roster,but if we can find 1 or 2 out of the bunch,then it would have been worth the trouble. We know from the bunch Hill and Turner will make the team and i have hope thus far for players like Pollard and Webber and Riley.

To put it simple,i ain't sorry in the least that our projected starting WRs are injured. How else would these kid get the reps they so desperately need so we can begin to develop Receivers that Sanchez or whoever is going to be the QB of this team can grow with. I don't know about you guys, but the Time has come for the Starting QB of the NY Jets to work with the same WRs for more than 1 season.

P.S. I want either White or Kerley on this team,but not both.May the best man win.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The entire list is stupid and pointless.

I hear this Demps kid could be very good. Blazing speed and he comes cheap.

OH.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I hear this Demps kid could be very good. Blazing speed and he comes cheap.

OH.
    These are the kind of troll posts that I find annoying.

What does Demps have to do with this thread? He's not a receiver, he's a running back.

It's not the greatest core but people need to chill. It sucks that Holmes and Kerley are hurt but there's no need to roll the dice and risk not having them ready for week 1. Kerley showed some nice promise last year and, with a deep threat(Hill), Holmes can do some damage in the middle. Turner will probably be #4 and hopefully Jordan White can show enough to stay in the mix. Throw in Keller and the Jets have enough respectable weapons to go to war with the season.

More than half the teams in the NFL can't boast much more than we have.

The biggest issue is more the OL than WR depth. Doesn't matter if we have Megatron and Andre Johnson lining up on opposite sides, they aren't going to get the ball if Sanchez has less than 3 seconds before pressure is in his face. Give him time, and our WRs will be fine.

And Shipley is the feasible move that people keep throwing around - just don't get it. We already have an injury prone WR with upside named Chad. And even if Shipley is healthy, at best he would be #3 on the depth chart.

He looks like a tight end?
    Actually that is not a bad idea. We can move Turner to TE and cut Cumby. Cumby I think was a WR after all. Dude can't do anything but catch so might as well put a better WR in that 2 spot. Can Turner block?

Our WR core is no where near the worst in the league that is stupid talk IMO. We are much better off then quite a few teams. Miami is just so bad right new yeah Turner would likely be their starter. That is just mega sad. If you look at teams like SF, Cleveland, Buff, Jax, Minni, Chicago, Oakland, SL and Washington they are not trotting out a better core.

Jets Insider VIP
    S. Hill (hurt)
    J. Kerley (hurt)
    P. Turner - slow and fat
    You do not know that Schilens or anyone else will get hurt! IMO its a ridiculous and self-serving statement. Turner OLD and FAT? Obviously you have not watched much JETS football! have a nice day!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    It's not the greatest core but people need to chill. It sucks that Holmes and Kerley are hurt but there's no need to roll the dice and risk not having them ready for week 1. Kerley showed some nice promise last year and, with a deep threat(Hill), Holmes can do some damage in the middle. Turner will probably be #4 and hopefully Jordan White can show enough to stay in the mix. Throw in Keller and the Jets have enough respectable weapons to go to war with the season.

More than half the teams in the NFL can't boast much more than we have.

The biggest issue is more the OL than WR depth. Doesn't matter if we have Megatron and Andre Johnson lining up on opposite sides, they aren't going to get the ball if Sanchez has less than 3 seconds before pressure is in his face. Give him time, and our WRs will be fine.
    The Jets offense is a mess and WR and TE are front and center problems. Very much a below average squad.

Holmes is a # 2 WR on a good team.
    Hill is a rookie. While I am excited about his potential, WR's usually don't explode until yr 2.
    Kerley is an avg slot guy.

At TE, the f'ing Pats have 2 te's (maybe three) better than Keller.