Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Favorite Non-Jets Ever

  1. #1

    Favorite Non-Jets Ever

    Thanks, Rumrunner, who's idea it was to have a thread like this.

    Let's list our favorite non-Jets of all time. The player must have never worn a Jets uniform, or is stipulated that the player is a favorite when he wasn't on the Jets.

    Some of mine:

    Barry Sanders
    Karl Mecklenburg
    Jack Lambert
    Tom Rathman
    Jerome Brown
    Jack Youngblood

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,643
    Great idea!

    Earl Campbell (for god's sake, the man ran into a 1,900 lb. longhorn after a TD and didn't fall down)
    Jerry Rice
    Joe Montana
    William Perry (just for the goalline rushes)

  3. #3

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Billy Ray Smith - longtime lb for the Chargers.

    He was the lifeguard at the local pool back in the stone age. Taught me how to jump off the high board.

  5. #5
    Some really great players there.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,617
    Harry Carson
    Mark Bavaro
    Walter Payton
    Andre Tippett
    Donovan McNabb

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,377
    Three that come to mind are...

    Barry Sanders
    Joe Montana
    Walter Payton

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Harry Carson
    Mark Bavaro
    Walter Payton
    Andre Tippett
    Donovan McNabb
    I almost put him on my list too!

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,003
    Kellen Winslow Sr.

    Eric Dickerson

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Kellen Winslow Sr.

    Eric Dickerson
    I'd also put Dan Fouts up there for me.

  11. #11
    Barry Sanders
    Ed Reed
    Joe Montana
    Mark Bavaro

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,003
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'd also put Dan Fouts up there for me.
    Thats furry bastid could really let it go. With the help of his Coryell guidance system of course.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,835
    A few of mine are...

    Barry Sanders
    Prime Time Deion Sanders
    Michael Irvin
    Greg Llyod
    Steve McNair
    Mike Vick
    Ray Lewis
    Ed Reed


    Also was a big fan of Ronnie Lott prior to being a Jet and loved Vilma before and after the trade to NO....too bad Mangini couldnt find a role to utilize his skill set.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,003
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    A few of mine are...

    Barry Sanders
    Prime Time Deion Sanders
    Michael Irvin
    Greg Llyod
    Steve McNair
    Mike Vick
    Ray Lewis
    Ed Reed


    Also was a big fan of Ronnie Lott prior to being a Jet and loved Vilma before and after the trade to NO....too bad Mangini couldnt find a role to utilize his skill set.
    You violated John-o-515's TOS thread agreement.

    Just had to go there.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Thats furry bastid could really let it go. With the help of his Coryell guidance system of course.
    I loved how he wasn't afraid to air the ball out. He had a great supporting cast, too.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,000
    Bavaro.

    Always liked that guy....


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,000
    Currently.....


    Clay Matthews.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,003
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Bavaro.

    Always liked that guy....


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    +1

    Cool thread Johnny. This is really taking me back.

    I used to like Mark Duper.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Billy Ray Smith - longtime lb for the Chargers.

    He was the lifeguard at the local pool back in the stone age. Taught me how to jump off the high board.
    Good choice. Both he and his dad were all-Americans while at the U of A. Good people and players. I liked Gary Anderson from BRS' Charger and Razorback teams.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,835
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    You violated John-o-515's TOS thread agreement.

    Just had to go there.
    True....couldn't help it. Will make sure that wont happen again.

    Sent from my LG-P999

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us