Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread? Yes, **** Jets vs. Giants Game Thread ****

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Look at that, 8 yard pass turns into a 20+ yard gain.

We need someone who can do that, other than Holmes.
    I think McKnight can but our brilliant coaches don't seem to want to give him any playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Post is on the money, but some here have an agenda.
    U are 100 % correct.

Tebow is a terrible QB , good runner , cant throw.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    holy crap those seahawks uni's are fugly as hell
    Talking about this - what's the early info on how Flynn and Bruce Irvins (if I have that right) are performing?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by surviveone View Post
    It says Revis is better than him
    Dat's funny ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    so you're saying he hasn't had time to throw it down field one time? He didn't have time do it at all last year?

No.

He has time sometimes and he doesn't take shots deep. He just doesn't. He plays scared, afraid to throw an INT deep on a 50/50 ball... then checks down for a pick 6 on a crossing route.
    Last year, HOlmes and Plax had no separation from the corners. They were virtually never open (if you read my training camp report from last year, I even told you that Plaxico was slow as hell in training camp). I'm sitting at the games; i can see the whole field. Granted, there were times you could argue that Sanchez should have just thrown the ball away when nobody was open. But, when the o-line gives you no time and your WRs can't get open, where/how would you like him to throw it 30+ yards? When he throws an INT doing it your way, you will then ***** about it. I've seriously never seen an organization ruin a young QB as badly as we have with Sanchez so far. I'm starting to think Mark should have sat down for five years like Aaron Rodgers so he wouldn't get abused.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.

so you're saying he hasn't had time to throw it down field one time? He didn't have time do it at all last year?

No.

He has time sometimes and he doesn't take shots deep. He just doesn't. He plays scared, afraid to throw an INT deep on a 50/50 ball... then checks down for a pick 6 on a crossing route.
    i think he's under orders in the preseason to not throw it deep. you have to hope they have some plan for the bills week 1 that they don't want to show anything. then again with holmes and kerley out and hill a rookie how much can really be shown anyway?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    And when every single coach and talk has been about why the wildcat and spread option is schematically hard to defend....you can't possibly figure that that is also what's happening when Tebow is out there?

I'll spell it out for you. The Giants defense ALSO have an extra rusher to defend versus a sitting duck quarterback!
    OK Dummy - you win.

The Jets are actually running the Wildcat and disguising it as the base offense.

Plus, the ideal time to give future regular season opponents a look at your Wildcat formations is when you have your scrubs playing in preseason game.

Practice Squad

No.

Mark's pocket presence is terrible. Looked like a rookie out there today.

That wasn't an out. The ball he threw to Turner earlier in the game for 12 yards was an out.

It was a crossing route, and Sanchez didn't stare the receiver down. Turner had a step on his man (he was open by NFL standards) and Sanchez threw a bad pass, a step behind him, right to the defender.

It wasn't a misread or a bad decision, it was a terrible throw that, because it was on a shallow route, resulted in 6 points for the other team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Talking about this - what's the early info on how Flynn and Bruce Irvins (if I have that right) are performing?
    flynn is the front runner right now

So sad, the only highlights the Jets have are Rex and the cheerleaders coming out of the commercials.

Veteran
    We need to change our sallary policyto include fines for lack of performance and bonus' for... hell Td's... they seem ellusive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think he's under orders in the preseason to not throw it deep. you have to hope they have some plan for the bills week 1 that they don't want to show anything. then again with holmes and kerley out and hill a rookie how much can really be shown anyway?

it's the same order they gave him last season.

we need to build the offense around tebow..that's the only way were gonna be able to move the ball and maybe even score a few points

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    So sad, the only highlights the Jets have are Rex and the cheerleaders coming out of the commercials.
    get used to it if that first team offense doesnt make changes post haste..

Hall Of Fame
    It was. Defender was in Turner's hip pocket the whole time. Sanchez stared him down and threw the ball on the back shoulder. It's maddening.
    I will have to go back and look. But I am pretty sure it wasn't.

Either way, there is no excuse for that. This is Year 4. Still staring down receivers and still throwing behind them.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-18-2012 at 09:24 PM.

All League
    Nice tackle by coples

I disagree. He HAS the arm. He has plenty of arm to be a successful QB in the NFL.
    Right .. He just elects not to use it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Coples, nice