Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1137

Thread: Game thread? Yes, **** Jets vs. Giants Game Thread ****

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not true it's just pre season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Greg Buttle can't remember Martin fumbling. Yet, I can clearly remember Martin fumbling and the rest of the team choking in the biggest game of their careers in the 1998 Championship.
    I was gonna say...there's one fumble in particular that I can't seem to forget.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My nephew is a starting RT on a Texas High School JV football team. Probably, better than Hunter. #CutHunter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's interesting because I really don't know what happened that the very same line that could block the second half of 2010, can't block in 2011 or 2012. Total mystery to me.
    it can't be all sanchez. the line doesn't get any push. when woody left the line changed. for the worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a chicken or egg argument. Is Sanchez panicking because of the poor OL play or is he causing the problem by holding the ball too long? My opinion is that his "happy feet" are a result of poor OL play as we didn't really see much of this his first two years. Just go back to that Browns game two years ago and watch how he slid around in the pocket. That player is nowhere to be seen now.

I've seen a lot of silly comments by about 4 posters in the game thread tonight. They are all blaming Sanchez for the sacks when it was clear that he was under pressure as soon as the ball was snapped. If he throws it as soon as he sees it, it likely results in a turnover due to his trying to force the play and not waiting for it to develop, which results in his being the goat. If he holds, he is accused of holding the ball to long, laying down or not having pocket presence. Doesn't take too much pocket presence to see #78 being rolled towards you like he's on roller skates; what it does take is a Herculean adjustment to make something happen, and that rarely results in anything good.

Let the clueless jerkoffs who hate Sanchez cry in their milk; you'll get no kind of intelligent input from them, they have no idea about how football is played.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had enough of this Ford "Drive By" commercial. It's starting to rival the "Saved by Zero" ad from a couple years ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan is not a Head Coach

He's a defensive coordinator. I don't care what his title is. He has done absolutely nothing to improve 50% of the team and it doesn't seem like he's capable or clued into that side of the ball at all. I don't even think he cares about the offense either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the exact same thing. This is not a good football team right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cause for concern? Hell yes

Definite predictor of week 1? not necessarily

deep breaths

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy hell that was an insane catch in that Cowboys game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is awful

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, just wow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ball that Eli threw, the WR put himself in a good position to grab it under coverage. What WR do we have that can do that? It's about one on one battles out there. Did you see Calvin Johnson the other night? He was covered and yet he wasn't really covered at the same time. Most of these QBs just throw it up and assume their guy will win the one on one battle and grab it. Mark can't make that assumption.
    You're dead wrong. IMO.

And Eli wasn't throwing to Calvin Johnson. He wasn't throwing to Larry Fitzgerald.

He threw the ball in a position where only his guy could get it.

QBs don't just throw it up for grabs. They throw it to a spot where they believe their guy has a good chance to come down with it, without taking too much of a risk.

They throw to guys who are about to run past a defender. Sanchez waits until they have already run past the defender... usually it's too late.

It's not about assumption, it's about anticipation and Sanchez doesn't have that yet.

By the way, since this is pre-season, why not give Stephen Hill a chance to go after a jump ball? He has all the size and elite athletic ability the big-time WRs do. Give the kid a shot. Why not?

No, let's throw it to John Connor half a dozen times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    One positive thing about the preseason so far. Maybe the only positive thing is Coples
    Generally, the defense has been pretty good. If the starting offense actually moved the ball and held onto it for more than 3 plays, the defense would be off to a fantastic start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news, Dez Bryant is a ****ing beast. Wow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow with laser precision right now

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking News: Tebow can't throw!......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conley LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    On the bright side, Mark had a better QB rating than Eli tonight.
    What does that say about QB ratings ...
    Last edited by Gangrene; 08-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comedic relief, thanks TJ!