Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread? Yes, **** Jets vs. Giants Game Thread ****

All League

Sellers Remorse - Jets v. Jints

On the bright side, we got FV for our tickets (threw in parking for free) for a stupid pre-season game.

Having deposited the money in the bank this morning, I now have remorse at missing the game.

Next year, toddler Digetydog will be old enough to go to a PS game. At two, she doesn't have much of a vocabulary, but Jets is one of her words.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    On the bright side, we got FV for our tickets (threw in parking for free) for a stupid pre-season game.

Having deposited the money in the bank this morning, I now have remorse at missing the game.

Next year, toddler Digetydog will be old enough to go to a PS game. At two, she doesn't have much of a vocabulary, but Jets is one of her words.
    Cornfield Jr is coming up on 7 months now. I'll have to pick your brain down the road about when to consider getting him to a preseason game. I think maybe club seats for a preseason game you wouldn't mind missing would be a good start.

Talking BOOMER AND CARTON REPORTING MR. T LOOKING AT PERCY HARVIN FOR TRADE

= GM Mike Tannenbaum always is aggressively looking to upgrade the roster, and it wouldn’t be a shock if he places a call to the Vikings. In June, Harvin demanded a trade. The Vikings said, “No way.” A trade would seem to make no sense for the Vikings — he’s one of their best players — but it’s worth checking out if you’re the Jets.

In three seasons, Harvin has averaged 73 catches and 875 yards per year. Not that it matters a whole lot, but he also has a familiarity with Tim Tebow, as they played together at Florida.

In 2009, the Jets absolutely loved Harvin in the draft. About a week before the draft, they went to Florida for a private workout and they were blown away by his quickness and route-running ability. They liked him so much that, after picking QB Mark Sanchez at No. 5 overall, they tried to trade up into the middle portion of the first round to pick Harvin. It didn’t happen because the Jets refused to give up a future No. 1 pick.

Eric Weeks, theJetsBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

I'm having regrets about not going tomorrow too. I sold my 135's for $120 ($25 below face) and then sold my two parking passes for $35 and $39. Probably could have got more for them. Yellow parking passes a hot commodity on stub hub... moreso than actual tickets. Stupid Giants fans.

Sold my Carolina tix for $49... took a real hit, but the parking passes went for face. Should have just donated the Carolina tix to United Way and taken the tax deduction.

Shouldnt have remorse...can go on stubhub right now and buy tickets for 20-50% below face...even with the vig if you sold for close to face you will come out ahead.

All League
    I had initially posted them for sale but took them down about a day later. I really wanted to go to this game and sit in my seats.

Carolina is posted but only on TicketEx for face value, which I'll never get. If they don't sell I'm perfectly happy seeing Cam and the rest of the 1st teams play for a full half.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Cornfield Jr is coming up on 7 months now. I'll have to pick your brain down the road about when to consider getting him to a preseason game. I think maybe club seats for a preseason game you wouldn't mind missing would be a good start.
    I bought club seats to take the family on saturday - 234 I think. My boys are 5 and 2. This will be the 5 yr olds third preseason game - first game for the little one. Being that he wants to do everything his brother does, he'll probably love it.

Considering taking my older one to a regular season game this year, but will think about it some more. For kids, the biggest issue sometimes is the loud noise. Even just the music is pretty loud. I get the club seats in the event they need to take a break.

Paid $75 a piece for sat.

Jets Insider VIP
    preseason.....why?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    preseason.....why?
    Late summer night, nice dinner beforehand, perfect elements--cooling down a little bit, an ice cold beer, no pressure game, no crazy fans, watch some of the youngsters play.

It's kind of a nice night out.

_

All League
    preseason.....why?
    I spent the summer getting bombarded with fake sports in the Olympics (Synchronized Diving anyone) during prime time or real sports 8 hours after the game was over;

I NEEED some football.

Plus, growing up in Dallas, my friends and I were always going to preseason games as STH's gave them to our parents. Since we never really knew the difference, we were happy little tykes.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    preseason.....why?
    Tan chicks with very short, shorts?

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree 100 percent with the dog's desire for some football

sadly, preseason crap filled scrimmages aren't football. Mid-September needs to get here quickly

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Tan chicks with very short, shorts?
    I am Digetydog and I approve this message.

Jets Insider VIP

Game thread? Yes, **** Jets vs. Giants Game Thread ****

Anybody gonna start one of these things?

SNOOPER BOWL III: Jets v. Giants, 7PM

NFLN and CBS at 7PM

I've lowered my expectations for this game to the point that I'll be happy with 7 points, a 10 yard run, and no turnovers from the 1st team offense.

For the defense: just hit Eli a couple of times.

Would be nice. My net and cable went out about an hour and a half ago due to rain, so I probably won't get to watch the game.

I was obviously thinking the same thing. People really don't seem too excited about this season. Not that I blame them.

I'm excited for this season!

Gameday Thread

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    #Jets inactives: Holmes, Kerley, ESmith, Steed, Sapp, Landolt, Schilens & Po'uha. KEllis in for Po'uha; Turner in for Holmes.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

V