Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phish

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I remember thinking I was glad I didn't go to Coventry. It rained that whole damn summer, it was really bad that weekend. That was also the summer of the mosquito up here.
    Unfortunatley, lost 2 good friends that weekend. Heading out from Burlington out on 15 through Underhill, rainy night their car crossed over into the other lane. I havent seen a Phish show since.

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Unfortunatley, lost 2 good friends that weekend. Heading out from Burlington out on 15 through Underhill, rainy night their car crossed over into the other lane. I havent seen a Phish show since.
    Damn, 2mile, I'm so sorry. I belive I heard about that as I had friends in Underhill, I went to Johnson State for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Talking about Phish makes me feel old. I remember making the move to Maxell XL90 rather than any old cassette I could find and feeling like I was big time.
    While obviously not on the same level as vinyl, there's something about those Maxells that gave you that original analog sound that was so nice to drive around to; CD-Rs spoiled us rotten. They also never catch the sound of a live cymbal properly, IMO. Miss those days of tape trading, was the last gasp before digital

I moved from taping Morning Dew and Dead Air in the 80's off of WBAI at 3:30 AM on Fridays to getting tapes through music newsgroups when I got on the 'Net in 1995. I was a pretty active trader on the 'Net until the advent of FTP and later, bit torrent, and then I was dunzo with the mail and trading. The first time I got CD's was off a tree for the Phil & Friends shows at the Warfield in April 1999 that started in the gdead or phish newsgroup. Those were good days, though its much better now since you can get anything you want so much quicker and easier than the in days of snail mail distribution. While I got rid of my tapes and DAT deck a long time ago, I still have my 2 Nakamichi tape decks from the good old days, and I will never part with them.

I used to love Phish going through college and throughout my 20's. After I settled down with family and stopped using drugs I don't know, I just never really have a desire to listen to them anymore. I love a great jam, I still go to see the Allman's whenever I can but Phish just seems silly to me now.