Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jets/Giants Hampur Game Thread For Sane People...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

The fact that Wayne Hunter is our starting RT is gross negligence on the part of the FO and coaching staff. I still have yet to see Sanchez have the time to throw like just about every other QB I've watched this summer. Disgusting.

_
    That's my line.

And "gross negligence" is exactly what it is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Ugh.

-

Veteran
    I actually used the phrase Same ole' Jets last night. Hate that phrase but our lack of play got an SOJ out of me.

The case against Hunter is beginning to reach the boiling point....a RT that has become a headline for all the wrong reasons....This guy is not a rookie, and has more than proven he has no more upside. Would a rookie trying to make the team be given as much consideration as this guy has been given?

Hunter's departure is not a matter of if at this point, but a matter of when. The question is whether Tanny/Rex keep this guy around long enough for it to damn their own futures here.

geez...another Hunter post....and the strip is starting to make sense to me...somebody ban me already.
    Last edited by frostlich; 08-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Banned
    If I was Tanny, I'd be on the phone with each of the other 31 GMs, trying to get another tackle over here.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    The case against Hunter is beginning to reach the boiling point....a RT that has become a headline for all the wrong reasons....This guy is not a rookie, and has more than proven he has no more upside. Would a rookie trying to make the team be given as much consideration as this guy has been given?

Hunter's departure is not a matter of if at this point, but a matter of when. The question is whether Tanny/Rex keep this guy around long enough for it to damn their own futures here.

geez...another Hunter post....and the strip is starting to make sense to me...somebody ban me already.
    The problem is this should have been done in March. He should have been cut then. Did they really think Sparano and the fat ass OL coach were going to fix him? Rex thinks everything is coaching. He thinks he and his staff can fix anything. They can't. Sometimes the player just doesn't have the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    I didn't get to see the game and now I'm very glad I missed it.

on a positive note: nobody got hurt , YET.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm really not upset at all yet. They're as bad as I thought they would be. I won't let they're mediocrity **** with my emotions at all this year. Might as well put tebow in at least he has a chance to survive behind that human ****ing turnstile Hunter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    My view of the game.

Awful pick by Sanchez, but given his protection, he threw the ball pretty well, albeit mostly short stuff.

The fact that Wayne Hunter is our starting RT is gross negligence on the part of the FO and coaching staff. I still have yet to see Sanchez have the time to throw like just about every other QB I've watched this summer. Disgusting.

Ground and pound is a joke, how many 3rd and 2s and 3rd and 3s and 4th and 1s could we not convert to keep drives alive? Sanchez produced no points--but how about converting a freaking short yardage first down to keep the chains moving?

Laron Landry with that great hit. Excited about out secondary.

Eli still looked like he had some time to throw--wanted to see some Maybin in the backfield.

Tim Tebow is an awful QB--I'm admittedly not the most objective Tebow fan, but he is brutal. He had three nice completions--but his wind up looks like Luis Tiant--those balls are going to get picked against first teamers. He ONLY looks at one receiver and if that guy is covered, he takes off. I didn't see a great runner last night. His incompletions were laughable--horrid. There are a bunch of Tebow-teabaggers over on the Pfail Strip trying to convince the world that Tebow has a higher ceiling than Sanchez or that he moved the offense better because he put up 3 points (as opposed to the pick 6) and it freaking hysterical. They must not have watched the game. Tebwo looks tentsative in his drop backs and once things start to break down, he looks like a scared deer.

Why is TJ Conley still our punter--I realize Westy wants a directional punter--but I'm pretty sure that direction isn't in the first 10 rows of the seats.

Coples and Allen looked good.

Jordan White is going to make this team.

The running game is awful. Not sure Greene, McKnight and Powell are going to cut it. How can we be "ground and pound" with that threesome? It doesn't compute.

I am slightly hung over. Need to watch the game on the DVR to see if I remember correctly.

_

Might as well just switch Sanchez to Pennington snd tebow to Clemens.

I don't care how much tebow sucks I want to see just how bad he can suck. Rather then watch pretty boy stop picking on me man child Sanchez squeak by wins. Sad truth Sanchez went to two afc championships because of the team around him. With average players hes average or below average at best stick a fork in him he's done Stokes. He's a Latin Pennington but not as smart. Tebow ,,Denver had a fun season I'd enjoy one too.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    he has a chance to survive behind that human ****ing turnstile Hunter.
    Don't be rude to turnstiles. At least a turnstile has a chance to get stuck once every so often.

Might as well just switch Sanchez to Pennington snd tebow to Clemens.

I don't care how much tebow sucks I want to see just how bad he can suck. Rather then watch pretty boy stop picking on me man child Sanchez squeak by wins. Sad truth Sanchez went to two afc championships because of the team around him. With average players hes average or below average at best stick a fork in him he's done Stokes. He's a Latin Pennington but not as smart. Tebow ,,Denver had a fun season I'd enjoy one too.
    I thought you quit drinking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Manning: 7/14 62 yards 4.4 ave 0 TD's 1 Int

VS.

Sanchez: 9/11 59 yards 5.4 ave 0 TD's 1 Int
    The fall is skying.

All League
    I'm really not upset at all yet. They're as bad as I thought they would be. I won't let they're mediocrity **** with my emotions at all this year. Might as well put tebow in at least he has a chance to survive behind that human ****ing turnstile Hunter.
    right on. I haven't let the Jets bother me in years. The OL was the problem last year, and they did nothing to fix it. Bringing in a shyt coach from Miami certainly isnt the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Teh pfail is skivvying.

fixed.