Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Wayne Hunter the worst RT in the NFL?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    (lol)

I opened the thread expecting there to be a rally with Giants fans...
    Lol me too.

Wayne Hunter Post Game Quote
    "What can I say? I've got to get better or else they're going to find someone else. That's the name of the game."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Wayne Hunter Post Game Quote
    "What can I say? I've got to get better or else they're going to find someone else. That's the name of the game."
    Yeah, Wayne, you had six ****ing months to get better after you **** the bed over, and over, and over last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Yeah, Wayne, you had six ****ing months to get better after you **** the bed over, and over, and over last year.
    got to wonder if maybe our coaching is not as good as we thought. Hunter really looked like an amateur tonight! He should have been pulled and Howard in to replace him. We must see what Howard can do with the 1's.

Mario Williams week one should be fun

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Make a deal and get someone to play RT or this season could be a humiliating nightmare for Jet fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's hard on a QB, any QB, when you have absolutely no faith in your RT.

Some fans criticized Sanchez for his "we have to find a way to block a 4 man run" comments to the CBS interview, but he's absolutely right.

Veteran
    That merge totally killed that guy's awesome joke.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Not sure how Sanchez will survive that at this point.

I honestly think Otah with the injuries would be better. What about Kareem McKenzie?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDave125 View Post
    I honestly think Otah with the injuries would be better. What about Kareem McKenzie?
    This is not Monday Morning QBing since we've all be saying this for a while, but how in the hell could Tannenbaum not only go into the season with Hunter at RT, but guarantee him $2.5 million?

We're looking at other options like Kareem, but it's pretty late in the game to be looking for starter quality RTs.

Tannenbaum has committed $5 million combined this season to Hunter and Tebow, the worst RT in football and a backup gimmick QB. Money like that shouldve been spent in March or April for a starting RT.

+ infinity. This is unreal.

I just hope that a decent RT gets cut from another team that the Jets can pick up. Otherwise, he's going to get Sanchez killed and never give him a legitimate shot at becoming a good QB.

Banned
    The biggest issue with Hunter is that it's not even about a bad blocking scheme or confusion. He was getting beat constantly on 1:1 rushes. There is no excuse. We can't be constantly giving him help.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I just hope that a decent RT gets cut from another team that the Jets can pick up. Otherwise, he's going to get Sanchez killed and never give him a legitimate shot at becoming a good QB.
    It's a double blow.

If Hunter gets Sanchez killed, Hunter immediately becomes Tebow's blindside blocker.

How long will Tebow last with Hunter protecting him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The biggest issue with Hunter is that it's not even about a bad blocking scheme or confusion. He was getting beat constantly on 1:1 rushes. There is no excuse. We can't be constantly giving him help.
    Don't forget to add that Hunter was also blowing runblocking assignments, specifically on the 3 & 1 and 4 & 1.

Think about that. You're 100% right. You can't constantly give a starter help. And now they need to give him run blocking help?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Vlad must really suck if he can't start in front of this guy......time to move on from him too if he can't start at RT

Someone hopefully will shake free during cuts....not looking for a miracle, just something better than a turnstile

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Is he the worst player in the NFL in general?
    i think he's worse than Gholston. Gholston sucked huge balls but he never cost us entire drives like WFH.

And to the OP. Not only is he the worst RT in the NFL, he's the worst RT in the world.

BTW, Wayne Hunter is the #1 trending topic worldwide on Twitter at present.

Week Two - Woodley and Harrison