Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Wayne Hunter the worst RT in the NFL?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say yes. He's so brutal it hurts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Don't forget to add that Hunter was also blowing runblocking assignments, specifically on the 3 & 1 and 4 & 1.

Think about that. You're 100% right. You can't constantly give a starter help. And now they need to give him run blocking help?
    You're dead on. Wayne Hunter missed more blocks in run blocking than he did in pass protection. He was lucky to make contact with JPP when he was blitzing. lol
    Tanny signing him to a guaraunteed $2.4M contract after Hunter had one of the worst seasons in RT NFL history has to make you wonder about how smart our FO really is. I'm starting to think they're bad at evaluating talent. We already know they overvalue talent.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Hunter is the worst in the league! Overpaid & hot garbage! He's a career backup & for some reason our front office believes he's a starter! ridiculous!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Has he even played?
    Cooked is a stud. Tanny proved us all wrong on this one. Hill looks like a player too. If Davis is for real, this will have been a great draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Cooked is a stud. Tanny proved us all wrong on this one. Hill looks like a player too. If Davis is for real, this will have been a great draft.
    Coples played great against the twos. Its time he produce against the ones! In two week only the ones will be playing! he must produce against them. I also thought Wilkerson was awfully quiet last night while Ellis shined! I thought Hill looked good when TT threw him two passes and then he went quiet! Davis I have hopes for but Antonio Allen looks like a hidden gem in rd 7. Wow! The guy was all over the field hitting somebody! I like his style. I also thought Robert griffin showed much better then last week's performance. Yes I think it was a good to very good draft and can be great!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-19-2012 at 08:32 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Get ready for the JPP excuse.
    Perfect--Blow hard pretty much followed the script after the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He not only is the worst RT, but the worst player in the League. He was horrible last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples played great against the twos. Its time he produce against the ones! In two week only the ones will be playing! he must produce against them. I also thought Wilkerson was awfully quiet last night while Ellis shined! I thought Hill looked good when TT threw him two passes and then he went quiet! Davis I have hopes for but Antonio Allen looks like a hidden gem in rd 7. Wow! The guy was all over the field hitting somebody! I like his style. I also thought Robert griffin showed much better then last week's performance. Yes I think it was a good to very good draft and can be great!
    ironically, this is the best jets draft since tanny's first one, but he's getting nailed for not addressing the RT issue this offseason. kudos for taking BAP, that's how you get better. it just won't happen this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    He not only is the worst RT, but the worst player in the League. He was horrible last night.
    Although this sounds like an exageration, it's hard to argue with it when a starting RT can't run or pass block.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    ironically, this is the best jets draft since tanny's first one, but he's getting nailed for not addressing the RT issue this offseason. kudos for taking BAP, that's how you get better. it just won't happen this year.
    Exactly. And nothing preventing Tanny from addressing the RT issue in free agency. The Jets didn't need to draft a RT. They couldve and shouldve signed a vet. The same they did in getting Woody.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although this sounds like an exageration, it's hard to argue with it when a starting RT can't run or pass block.
    Being honest about it, the LT does not do much better! In fact the LT allowed ore sacks last year then the RT and was weak in run plays! For a Ground and Pound team that is a disaster to be so weak on the edges!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. And nothing preventing Tanny from addressing the RT issue in free agency. The Jets didn't need to draft a RT. They couldve and shouldve signed a vet. The same they did in getting Woody.
    The regular season has not started yet! A RT will be acquired before long! I also want to see Howard with the 1's before panicking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The regular season has not started yet! A RT will be acquired before long! I also want to see Howard with the 1's before panicking.
    What do you not understand about GUARANTEED salary ? Tanny gave Hunter millions of dollars guaranteed ... They won't just eat that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDave125 View Post
    Well this has to fall on Tannenbaum. He's is the main talent evaluator which is ridiculous. He is really nothing more than a salary cap guy. Woody needs to make this right and maybe bring in a real football gm
    YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! I've been saying this for years and for some reason I've gotten blasted for this at times. What exactly is Tanny's football background? Before he became the GM we all knew him as the salary cap guru but is that the position to have right before you're promoted to become the final say in talent evaluation for the team?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Woody, any chance he could come back? He'd probably be better than Hunter even without training camp. God knows Woody is pretty bad in the pre-game radio broadcast.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter is atrocious. He's a turnstile when he tries to engage decent pass rushers so he avoid locking onto them. But in his putrid attempt to pass protect, he stays in front of his man and back up into Sanchez. The pocket collapses on Hunter's side even when his man never touches him. I'd rather he didn't even bother helping Mark up after nearly getting him killed. I know it won't happen but I wish Mark, just once, would push him away in those situations. With friends like him, who needs enemies right?

I know Santonio caught a lot of flack last year for speaking out against the O-line play but he spoke the truth. I think Mark needs to follow Santonio's cue and tell Tanny to do something about the RT position. If Hunter is there it's eventually gonna cost Mark his job and possibly his health.
    Last edited by teng; 08-19-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez first sack
    Jpp MANHANDLED hunter
    Jpp One arm swatted hunter and completely spun this fool

This was my "ah ha" moment and officially realize this fool needs to get gone

Ps. Dabrick gave up a good amount of pressure as well. Just me?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES.

Got schooled hard last night.

HE HAS TO GO NOW.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Hunter is atrocious. He's a turnstile when he tries to engage decent pass rushers so he avoid locking onto them. But in his putrid attempt to pass protect, he stays in front of his man and back up into Sanchez. The pocket collapses on Hunter's side even when his man never touches him. I'd rather he didn't even bother helping Mark up after nearly getting him killed. I know it won't happen but I wish Mark, just once, would push him away in those situations. With friends like him, who needs enemies right?

I know Santonio caught a lot of flack last year for speaking out against the O-line play but he spoke the truth. I think Mark needs to follow Santonio's cue and tell Tanny to do something about the RT position. If Hunter is there it's eventually gonna cost Mark his job and possibly his health.
    clearly hunter is the problem but it's not his fault he sucks. he's doing the best he can, he just shouldn't be playing. this is a front office fault.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its very rare that you can boil down a whole offense's problems to 1 lineman but it has happened.

its time for the jets to bite the bullet and look to trade a 3rd or 2nd round pick for a right tackle or the whole season will be lost. the jets need to go out there and get fleeced for a serviceable guy, they have no choice.