Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vlad Ducasse

Vlad Ducasse

Get Vlad Ducasse in there over W Hunter. We are playing games with our season. Hunter needs to be cut by games end. Give Vlad the spot.

This is the first time I have ever written this word on JI:

D U M P

He said the V word

Vlad is playing OG now...Howard would be Hunter's replacement

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Vlad may be the only player worse.

Seriously... the biggest weakness on the team and we did nothing to bolster it?

What a joke this hunter guy is.. And I will never listen to another player evaluation from our coaches again until I get to see them play and make my own judgement. Sparano and Rex said hunter looked awesome in camp and that he was ready to be a beast this year.. A beast of what, letting our qb get killed?!

All League
    Both Hunter and Ducasse don't belong in the NFL. However, they have a reprieve because of the team they are on.

Practice Squad
    You guys are completely wrong, Ducasse played a very good game yesterday

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Vlad is playing OG now...Howard would be Hunter's replacement
    Regardless, Hunter needs to go, he is not the answer. It's time to take the CAP hit and move on.

Tannenbaum needs to get on the phone and workout a trade with any team that will bite, for an O-Lineman that has starting experience and still has some tread left on his tires.

Wayne Hunter couldn't play in the SEC or the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Wayne Hunter couldn't play in the SEC or the CFL.
    Wayne Hunter is not qualified to get picked in two hand touch on the streets of Harlem

I've always thought Ducasse's best position was OG. The position fits his great size & strength while covering up his lack of footwork. Unlike 100% of the board I'm still hopeful that Ducasse can eventually become a decent NFL interior lineman. He might be ready next year if one or both of Moore and Saluson leave.

Rex has clearly given up on Vlad as RT by declaring his position as guard. This is in contrast to earlier this year when they were still talking him up as an RT.

I really had hopes that the coaches confidence in Vlad and Hunter meant they saw something we didn't. Wrong.

Sign Kareem McKenzie or Vernon Carey (yes I do know hes retired)

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Sign Kareem McKenzie or Vernon Carey (yes I do know hes retired)
    At this point we have to do something, even trying a retread.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    A retread can be better than a CFL player.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'd say put a TE permanently on Hunter's right. That turns Hunter into a G.

Or position John Conner right behind Hunter on most plays to help with the blocking.

Essentially the Jets have to sacrifice a player to make up for Hunter's inadequacy.

Actually I'd rather play a young guy like Austin Howard there to get him some experience and do the same thing. There's a good chance an a young player will get better with experience. Hunter has been in the league for 9 years so this is as good as he's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    You guys are completely wrong, Ducasse played a very good game yesterday
    At least vlad can run block

Maybe we should resign Adrien Clarke and use him at RT? Because that is really what you are looking at if you replace Wayne Hunter with Vlad Ducasse. All three would get Sanchez killed.

Ducasse I feel can still be salvaged as a blocking TE. Certainly not a RT, he will never be that good. Hunter needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Maybe we should resign Adrien Clarke and use him at RT? Because that is really what you are looking at if you replace Wayne Hunter with Vlad Ducasse. All three would get Sanchez killed.

Ducasse I feel can still be salvaged as a blocking TE. Certainly not a RT, he will never be that good. Hunter needs to go.

Hell Hunter is like Adrien Clarke. Its not just about getting beat, its about how badly he gets beat. And its not like hes a great run blocker either, he struggles there as well.

I'm no Hunter apologist, my newborn neice can block better, but that was one of the best front sevens in the league, no?