Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vlad Ducasse

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'd say put a TE permanently on Hunter's right. That turns Hunter into a G.

Or position John Conner right behind Hunter on most plays to help with the blocking.

Essentially the Jets have to sacrifice a player to make up for Hunter's inadequacy.

Actually I'd rather play a young guy like Austin Howard there to get him some experience and do the same thing. There's a good chance an a young player will get better with experience. Hunter has been in the league for 9 years so this is as good as he's going to be.
    They tried that. Conner is just trash. The failure of out FB and TE at blocking is a bigger issue then RT right now. You can have one bad OL but you need someone to pick off that shaken block on deep passes. We just don't have that. Our OL gets blamed but really what we are seeing is lack of easy to find talent IMO. Blocking TEs and FBs should not take years to develop. Tony Richardson was a bigger loss then anyone over the last few years. He helped Woody and Brick out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Seriously... the biggest weakness on the team and we did nothing to bolster it?
    people say Wayne Hunter is the biggest weakness on the team

the Jets were down 6-0 and Mark throws a pick 6, under no pressure.

Let's be real. The quarterback is the biggest weakness on the team. And they addressed it by bringing in someone worse than Mark.

We live in this mindset where Mark has to be coddled and protected. He's getting paid like a superstar QB and he plays like cr@p. Sacks and pressure will happen the question is not how do we turn Wayne Hunter into Anthony Munoz, it's when will Mark learn to feel the pass rush?

ya know who the Pats are trotting out there? They are missing 3 starters right now, Mankins, Waters and Vollmer. I'm not saying Mark has to be as good as Brady but if he could deal with an average amount of pressure, the casual fans wouldn't even know Wayne Hunter's name.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

Let's be real. The quarterback is the biggest weakness on the team. And they addressed it by bringing in someone worse than Mark.

We live in this mindset where Mark has to be coddled and protected. He's getting paid like a superstar QB and he plays like cr@p. Sacks and pressure will happen the question is not how do we turn Wayne Hunter into Anthony Munoz, it's when will Mark learn to feel the pass rush?
    While I agree with your sentiments regarding the QB position, there is no denying how bad Hunter has been. We both know Rex and Tanny still have to be committed to Sanchez right now. But they have had their opportunities to replace Hunter, but have done nothing. Are you saying Hunter is a serviceable OT with the right QB?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Wayne Hunter is not qualified to get picked in two hand touch on the streets of Harlem
    But, to be fair, I hear those harlem guys are pretty fast. He's a linemen, he couldn't realistically be expected to keep up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    "
    Originally Posted by lageman4ever
    I'd say put a TE permanently on Hunter's right. That turns Hunter into a G.

Or position John Conner right behind Hunter on most plays to help with the blocking.

Essentially the Jets have to sacrifice a player to make up for Hunter's inadequacy."

They tried that. Conner is just trash. The failure of out FB and TE at blocking is a bigger issue then RT right now. You can have one bad OL but you need someone to pick off that shaken block on deep passes. We just don't have that. Our OL gets blamed but really what we are seeing is lack of easy to find talent IMO. Blocking TEs and FBs should not take years to develop. Tony Richardson was a bigger loss then anyone over the last few years. He helped Woody and Brick out a lot.

2 stationary trashcans have to be harder to get around than 1.

ya know who the Pats are trotting out there? They are missing 3 starters right now, Mankins, Waters and Vollmer. I'm not saying Mark has to be as good as Brady but if he could deal with an average amount of pressure, the casual fans wouldn't even know Wayne Hunter's name.

And Brady went 4/7 for 30 yards, usually the Pats OL is great...

Its hard to feel the pressure when your OT is getting beat as badly as Hunter has been, its not like we have a good blocking TE either.

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    But, to be fair, I hear those harlem guys are pretty fast. He's a linemen, he couldn't realistically be expected to keep up with them.

if sanchez didn't throw that pick they would have lost 19-3. does that mean they're any closer to beating these teams? to a man the jets squad fell short. it may start with qb play but certainly doesn't end there. until the pick 6, sanchez had 1 incomplete throw, no points. chad-esque.

There's no way I want to trade a pick of any substantial value for a "retread upgrade" -- the fact someone is better than Hunter doesn't mean he has long-term value to the team.

If you think a guy could help you go all the way, fine. Otherwise, keep the pick and find a way to minimize the damage on the right side.

I'm actually OK with most of the Jets trades recently as I feel they brought back long-term talent. But give up a pick for a retread? Penny wise and pound foolish IMO . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    You guys are completely wrong, Ducasse played a very good game yesterday
    at OG. We need a RT.

Jets Insider VIP

I agree with a lot of what you wrote. Sanchez contributes to his downfall by holding the ball forever and not feeling pressure in the pocket. He reminds me of a nervous Kellen Clemens when Clemens first started! Mark has been here three years and should know better!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Vlad may be the only player worse.

Seriously... the biggest weakness on the team and we did nothing to bolster it?

it would make sense if this team did.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you wrote. Sanchez contributes to his downfall by holding the ball forever and not feeling pressure in the pocket. He reminds me of a nervous Kellen Clemens when Clemens first started! Mark has been here three years and should know better!
    wouldnt you be nervous knowing that no matter how fast you let go of the ball your poor excuse for a offensive line is gonna put you on your ass every other play???

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    wouldnt you be nervous knowing that no matter how fast you let go of the ball your poor excuse for a offensive line is gonna put you on your ass every other play???
    how do you think tebow would have done in the first half? you think he completes 9 of 11 passes? every play he's scrambling.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    how do you think tebow would have done in the first half? you think he completes 9 of 11 passes? every play he's scrambling.
    he would create and refuse to just keep taking hits and not hold the o-line accountable. if you want the quarterback to be a real leader you need someone that can be your friend but can also not be afraid light you up verbally if you miss your assignment on any given play. you think payton manning would not be on the sideline chewing people like hunter up? how about steve young? the only problem i ever had with sanchez is the kid looks so damn timid and laid back after bad plays.... i really dont know where his mentality is right now. who if anybody is the TRUE leader on that offense????

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    at OG. We need a RT.
    Yep..But Ducasse did play well last night.