Thread: Woody bent us all over

Woody bent us all over

I'm sorry but I have no doubt in my mind that Woody Johnson demanded we pursue Tim Tebow. No GM or coach in their right mind would bring in this circus on themselves. One INT and there's already people everywhere saying start Tebow. Wait til this week, ESPN, NFL Network, Cimini, Mehta, on and on all going to be writing about the "controversy" and "is it Tebow time". One INT in preseason and it's already upon us. This is what Woody wanted. The guy doesn't care about wins or losses, he wants the Jets in the spotlight and he doesn't care how. He'd rather take his chances with a guaranteed spot in the back pages with Tebow than to field a legit team. I don't want to hear the garbage about the cap, Tanny is the best GM when it comes to making contracts work. Eric Winston was on the market and could have been had. He's one of the best RT's in the league. ALL Jets fans, 100% of them all said that we MUST address the RT position and we have done NOTHING. Tanny is going to be fired as is Rex at the end of the year, but they're going down because Woody wants Tebowmania to come and fill these empty seats he keeps pimping in commercials all over the place. We got royally ****ed as fans this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm sorry but I have no doubt in my mind that Woody Johnson demanded we pursue Tim Tebow. No GM or coach in their right mind would bring in this circus on themselves. One INT and there's already people everywhere saying start Tebow. Wait til this week, ESPN, NFL Network, Cimini, Mehta, on and on all going to be writing about the "controversy" and "is it Tebow time". One INT in preseason and it's already upon us. This is what Woody wanted. The guy doesn't care about wins or losses, he wants the Jets in the spotlight and he doesn't care how. He'd rather take his chances with a guaranteed spot in the back pages with Tebow than to field a legit team. I don't want to hear the garbage about the cap, Tanny is the best GM when it comes to making contracts work. Eric Winston was on the market and could have been had. He's one of the best RT's in the league. ALL Jets fans, 100% of them all said that we MUST address the RT position and we have done NOTHING. Tanny is going to be fired as is Rex at the end of the year, but they're going down because Woody wants Tebowmania to come and fill these empty seats he keeps pimping in commercials all over the place. We got royally ****ed as fans this year.
    another Sanchize fan crying and blaming everyone else for the disgusting play of our QB. Yes, the guy holds the ball too long and helps cause his own problems! He still throws to the other team too often but you can only find fault with another player! Tebow at least brings excitement to the team.

I am not saying start TT, but, I would like to see what he can do with our first team O. I really want to see if it is the collective or the QB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    another Sanchize fan crying and blaming everyone else for the disgusting play of our QB. Yes, the guy holds the ball too long and helps cause his own problems! He still throws to the other team too often but you can only find fault with another player! Tebow at least brings excitement to the team.
    If by excitement you mean needing to run to the bathroom and upchuck every time he's about to throw...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Sanchite.

I hope he can pull a complete 360 in 2 weeks too. Really though?

He screwed us the moment he refused to let Braylon come back. That was the beginning of the end.

He's always been about the Spotlight in the Newspaper, nothing else.

Wish we could trade this loser for an owner who knows football and actually gives a damn about winning.

Yeah Tebow is real exciting right now.

Woody has such a "man-crush" on Rex he could never fire him. Spot on with the rest...........

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody has such a "man-crush" on Rex he could never fire him. Spot on with the rest...........
    I have been saying this for a long time. Woody is closer to Al Davis than Bob Kraft.

Tebow is not the problem...it is how we got him, and Favre. Trade away picks, use the remaining picks poorly and here we are.

43 years and counting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If by excitement you mean needing to run to the bathroom and upchuck every time he's about to throw...
    did you do that when Sanchez threw his patented PICK 6

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah Tebow is real exciting right now.
    Well anyone would be after Sanchez threw his usual pick6and lulled us to sleep with a boring game Heck TT got us 3 points! LOL How many did our #1 QB get us? Its time to become a Jets fan and not just a Sanchez fan! GO JETS!

The horrors of terrible Jet ownership since Sonny Werblin continues. We are doomed.

Please Woody sell the team. Do us all a favor.

Well anyone would be after Sanchez threw his usual pick6and lulled us to sleep with a boring game Heck TT got us 3 points! LOL How many did our #1 QB get us? Its time to become a Jets fan and not just a Sanchez fan! GO JETS!
    I've been a Jets fan for 40 years, don't tell me what kind of fan I am. If the team felt Sanchez isn't the answer that's fine, go and draft a replacement and move on. Tebow is hot garbage and he's here for one reason and one reason only and it has nothing to do with performance on the football field.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    did you do that when Sanchez threw his patented PICK 6
    I'm a fan of Sanchez, but if he leads the league in pick-sixes again, then it's time to move on. How many times does he have to throw them? I've never seen one QB throw so many!

Then Tebow misses wide open WR's in the ends zone by under throwing them.

And Wayne Hunter is confusing the job of RT with a matador, then this preseason appears to be making a change... to a bull clown.

It's only preseason. I keep telling myself that.

Um... damn.

Veteran
    Woody thanks for the NRG SOLAR LIGHTS.... you should of spent the money on a right tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Woody thanks for the NRG SOLAR LIGHTS.... you should of spent the money on a right tackle.
    Wasn't Eric Winston available??? yup

I've been a Jets fan for 40 years, don't tell me what kind of fan I am. If the team felt Sanchez isn't the answer that's fine, go and draft a replacement and move on. Tebow is hot garbage and he's here for one reason and one reason only and it has nothing to do with performance on the football field.
    Agree. Jets have set up Sanchez to fail. He has no weapons and a RT who is the worst in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Wasn't Eric Winston available??? yup
    The problem is that Winston wasn't available when the deadline hit for releasing Wayne Hunter before his guaranteed money for this season kicked in. At that point, there was no one available who was a clear improvement, so the Jets stayed with Hunter. By the time Winston became available, the Jets already had the money tied up in Hunter, and probably felt that they couldn't afford to add Winston's money on top of Hunter's at that position.

In retrospect, I think the Tannenbaum should have played hardball with Hunter at that point, like they recently did with Slauson, and told him that they would release him if he didn't agree to a lower guaranteed contract for the year. There's no way he would have gotten a guaranteed contract elsewhere for what he's making here (2.5 million).