Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Im starting wonder why there wasnt an open competition between Tebow and Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go competition over.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the definition of a knee jerk thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tebow

5-14 - 69 yds just horrible.

Why did they not play McElroy at least the guy can play the QB position.

Also Simms could of played they cant be worse than tebow.

tebow the wayne hunter of QB's

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the Tebowites realize that Tebow is 9-22 in 2 preseason games? Tebow is the reason there isn't a competition. He simply can't complete enough passes.

Deballhawk talked about his 34 yds rushing last week. He had 5 today and a ton of yardage lost on 4 sacks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    tebow

5-14 - 69 yds just horrible.

Why did they not play McElroy at least the guy can play the QB position.

Also Simms could of played they cant be worse than tebow.

tebow the wayne hunter of QB's
    But still drove the offense down for 3 points while Sanchez was good for -7.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

right when the giants were playing their scrubs and he sucked against the scrubs explain that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad ....

..... But true.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Do the Tebowites realize that Tebow is 9-22 in 2 preseason games? Tebow is the reason there isn't a competition. He simply can't complete enough passes.

Deballhawk talked about his 34 yds rushing last week. He had 5 today and a ton of yardage lost on 4 sacks.
    The QB play has been dreadful. I just can't believe how bad both guys have looked. The offense is completely fuked if Sanchez doesn't step up.

9-22 is bad. Very bad.

13-17 for a whopping 80 yards and a pick 6 is not better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    right when the giants were playing their scrubs and he sucked against the scrubs explain that?
    Well the only way to settle that excuse, is to let Tebow play with the starters. It's not his choice he's playing with the backups.

You act like playing against backups only benefits Tebow. He's also playing with the back-up O line and receivers, and when the starting O line is that bad, how do you think the backups are?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the only way to settle that excuse, is to let Tebow play with the starters. It's not his choice he's playing with the backups.

You act like playing against backups only benefits Tebow. He's also playing with the back-up O line and receivers, and when the starting O line is that bad, how do you think the backups are?

Trust your eyes Tebow sucks he is not a QB what do you see that makes you believe that he can throw the ball? Is it possible that you like what he does outside of football that you like?because it cant be his throwing that you like.

The ball he threw to hill is all you need to see.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust your eyes Tebow sucks he is not a QB what do you see that makes you believe that he can throw the ball? Is it possible that you like what he does outside of football that you like?because it cant be his throwing that you like.

Yeah I saw him throw just like he always has. Some nice crisp passes followed by some ugly head scratchers. So that's nothing new to me. You only see the bad though.

He still protects the football better, moved the offense, and had a chance for a huge play for a TD. Missed it this time, but he makes that pass, and he's a hero.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It does benefit tebow. He's got the same receivers since the starting ones ate hurt. He's also playing against a worse secondary and no pash rush. Tebow is awful his salary costs a decent rt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not all you need to see. That's like saying the Sanchez INT is all you need to see.

Tebow made some very bad throws, he always does. But he also made very good passes. He had a couple on that drive right before the disgusting miss.

It's so frustrating watching him because you see signs that he can really throw it with velocity and accuracy... then he duffs one to a guy uncovered in the end zone.

It's the same thing with Sanchez. He looks great driving down the field sometimes then throws a pass no other NFL QB would attempt... and it gets returned for a TD.

Both QBs are crap right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I saw him throw just like he always has. Some nice crisp passes followed by some ugly head scratchers. So that's nothing new to me. You only see the bad though.

He still protects the football better, moved the offense, and had a chance for a huge play for a TD. Missed it this time, but he makes that pass, and he's a hero.

There it is "He's a Hero" That is why you like him nothing to do with playing QB.

Tebow is a good guy off the field but he sucks as a QB that is fact.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There it is "He's a Hero" That is why you like him nothing to do with playing QB.

Tebow is a good guy off the field but he sucks as a QB that is fact.
    He would have been if he hit that tonight and you know it. And that has NOTHING to do with off the field. It has to do with scoring.

I like him because I think he's one of the most efficient and misunderstood scorers in the NFL. And he is constantly going to "prove his critics wrong" because most people don't see that.

So it's fun. It's like when everyone is amazed by a magician but you know what goes on behind the stage.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 08-18-2012 at 10:49 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Sanchez holds onto the ball to long reminds me of Ken O'brien. That third sack was Sanchez fault.
    Did you not see Sanchez have to run up the middle because Wayne Hunter got destroyed on that play as well?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I would love to see what Tebow could do with the first team. I cant believe with how bad Sanchez is why Ryan doesn't give Tebow some reps with the first team maybe that would wake him up. Tebow look pretty good out there. Make all the excuses for Sanchez but he threw another pick 6.
    Tebow was a great college Qb at what he did so obviously he is gonna shine at times against the other teams 2's and or Rookies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both QB's suck.

You guys can continue holding out hope that Sanchez magically transforms into a Top 10 QB.

Me?

I've already accepted that our franchise QB isn't on the roster yet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He would have been if he hit that tonight and you know it.
    wtf are you talking about?

Dopes like you are the reason so many people hate Tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No, it's not all you need to see. That's like saying the Sanchez INT is all you need to see.

Tebow made some very bad throws, he always does. But he also made very good passes. He had a couple on that drive right before the disgusting miss.

It's so frustrating watching him because you see signs that he can really throw it with velocity and accuracy... then he duffs one to a guy uncovered in the end zone.

It's the same thing with Sanchez. He looks great driving down the field sometimes then throws a pass no other NFL QB would attempt... and it gets returned for a TD.

Both QBs are crap right now.
    You obviously don't understand how important it is to have an offensive line that can pass block. Sanchez also didn't have 2 of 3 starting WR's. He did well considering. Giants 2nd team O-line is better than Jets starting squad.