Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Im starting wonder why there wasnt an open competition between Tebow and Sanchez

They both suck except Tebow wont hand the opposing teams points like Sanchez LOVES to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    There it is "He's a Hero" That is why you like him nothing to do with playing QB.

Tebow is a good guy off the field but he sucks as a QB that is fact.
    And what's Sanchez?

No one is talking about his last possession.

Fresh off his pick 6, it's inside of 2 minutes left in the half - 3rd and 7 ... ball is snapped ... for some reason there's no Giants flushing him from the pocket or sacking him ... Sanchez decides to use this break in the storm to fire a 2 yard out to Keller who's then promptly tackled.

Sanchez was what he was nearly all last season - rattled and useless.

Eli made the Jets jump today.

In 3 full seasons has Sanchez ever had the guile and confidence to make an opposing team jump offsides? He's a joke.
    Last edited by sackdance; 08-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    You obviously don't understand how important it is to have an offensive line that can pass block. Sanchez also didn't have 2 of 3 starting WR's. He did well considering. Giants 2nd team O-line is better than Jets starting squad.
    If you could watch that performance and say he "did well" in any context, I think you're the one who has a few things to understand.

He threw another pick-6 on a play, by the way, that he seemed to have enough time to make a good decision and a good throw. There was no excuse for that.

There is nothing from this game he should be proud of.

And since the line is so bad, maybe he should get rid of the ball a little sooner or move around a little bit.

why don't people realize that the competition Mark played compared to the competition Tebow played was NIGHT & DAY? For Christ's sake it's preseason anyway. Listen, I'm a HUGE TEBOW FAN.. And clearly he is a football player who has 'IT' factor & the Jets FO traded for him bc they know that too and they got a great deal.

the reason why there's no Mark vs Tebow is bc MARK WENT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP TWO YEARS IN A ROW &&&&& HES OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHO GETS PAID 1ST ROUND MONEY...

Honestly, do you think it would look good for Tanny and Woody and Rex to constantly tell themselves "we fuccked up again."???

Mark will get to play out his rookie contract- if he proves himself, then he gets to be a starting QB in the NFL- Tebow is sort of in the same pool, however his leash is much shorter- given the fact so many ppl thought the kid couldn't play QB before he ever entered the draft...

In a weird way, it's the only option and BEST option for the Jets:

a) It makes ppl think that the FO and players still believe and trust MARK SANCHEZ & THE COACHING STAFF.

b) SANCHEZ gets one final year to prove he's progressing into a top 5 pick.

c) TEBOW is still in the NFL making plays and auditioning for a possible trade and or starting job for the Jets.

d) They can utilize both even if BOTH turn out to be awesome.

To trade for Tebow, bench Sanchez, start Tebow, then fail with Tebow WOULD LOOK HORRIBLE FOR THIS TEAM.. They must stick with the kid they invested a trade up to #5 for Christ's sake MARK HAD MORE TDS THAN ELI IN 2011.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Both QB's suck.

You guys can continue holding out hope that Sanchez magically transforms into a Top 10 QB.

Me?

I've already accepted that our franchise QB isn't on the roster yet.
    I'm not totally there yet but I am running out of excuses very quickly. At this point it is too late to upgrade the position so I'm going to give him this season. But if he is not where he should be then it's time to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The QB play has been dreadful. I just can't believe how bad both guys have looked. The offense is completely fuked if Sanchez doesn't step up.

9-22 is bad. Very bad.

13-17 for a whopping 80 yards and a pick 6 is not better.
    True, but that still supports my point.

Tebow is the reason why there isn't a competition. He hasn't showed the coaching staff enough to warrant a competition.

If Tebow played well today, that would've given the coaches an excuse to consider a competition. But Tebow stunk today and, now, the coaches don't have the reason they need.

Tebow was throwing balls at receivers feet today. He missed a RB in the flat by 5 feet. He started off well, but then it fell apart.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The QB play has been dreadful. I just can't believe how bad both guys have looked. The offense is completely fuked if Sanchez doesn't step up.

9-22 is bad. Very bad.

13-17 for a whopping 80 yards and a pick 6 is not better.
    9-22 with an Int and only playing against the 2nd and 3rd teams is waaaaaaayyyy worse then 13-17 with a pick 6 against arguably 2 top 10 defenses. What world are you living in?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    why don't people realize that the competition Mark played compared to the competition Tebow played was NIGHT & DAY? For Christ's sake it's preseason anyway. Listen, I'm a HUGE TEBOW FAN.. And clearly he is a football player who has 'IT' factor & the Jets FO traded for him bc they know that too and they got a great deal.

the reason why there's no Mark vs Tebow is bc MARK WENT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP TWO YEARS IN A ROW &&&&& HES OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHO GETS PAID 1ST ROUND MONEY...

Honestly, do you think it would look good for Tanny and Woody and Rex to constantly tell themselves "we fuccked up again."???

Mark will get to play out his rookie contract- if he proves himself, then he gets to be a starting QB in the NFL- Tebow is sort of in the same pool, however his leash is much shorter- given the fact so many ppl thought the kid couldn't play QB before he ever entered the draft...

In a weird way, it's the only option and BEST option for the Jets:

a) It makes ppl think that the FO and players still believe and trust MARK SANCHEZ & THE COACHING STAFF.

b) SANCHEZ gets one final year to prove he's progressing into a top 5 pick.

c) TEBOW is still in the NFL making plays and auditioning for a possible trade and or starting job for the Jets.

d) They can utilize both even if BOTH turn out to be awesome.

To trade for Tebow, bench Sanchez, start Tebow, then fail with Tebow WOULD LOOK HORRIBLE FOR THIS TEAM.. They must stick with the kid they invested a trade up to #5 for Christ's sake MARK HAD MORE TDS THAN ELI IN 2011.
    The reason why Sanchez is starting is b/c the Jets don't have any other viable QB on the team that could start. That's the truth. You guys can deny it all you want but Tebow can not make NFL throws consistently enough to be a better then average QB at this point. I'm not saying he never will get better but right now I have no faith in him as my back up.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There is no competition b.c the fix is in. They basically gave Sanchez no help.

Tebow WILL start this season.
    You are usually a rational poster ... I am not Tebow supporter but to say the "fix" is in i.e. tp imply the decision is already made ... is crazy talk ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The reason why Sanchez is starting is b/c the Jets don't have any other viable QB on the team that could start. That's the truth. You guys can deny it all you want but Tebow can not make NFL throws consistently enough to be a better then average QB at this point. I'm not saying he never will get better but right now I have no faith in him as my back up.
    EXACTLY.

If Tebow was more accurate there would be a competition and he wouldn't likely win it IMO. But he's painfully inaccurate and he and the Jets are where they are right now because of it.

Veteran
    Both QB's suck.
    We might have a winner here folks ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Neither Sanchez or Tebow are the future of this team.

"Oh, but the OL isn't giving them enough time"

"Oh, but Sanchez was without his #1 receiver"

I don't really give a sh*t at this point.

I can't name a single receiver on the Rams without looking it up and they still have one of the worst OL's in the league, yet you don't see a kid like Bradford constantly making stupid mistakes, constantly checking the ball down and looking totally helpless out there. And he has Schitty calling all of the shots for f*ck sake.

Luck and Griffin have drastically outperformed both guys on our roster with a mediocre supporting cast and they're both f*cking babies in this league.

Veteran
    Neither Sanchez or Tebow are the future of this team.

"Oh, but the OL isn't giving them enough time"

"Oh, but Sanchez was without his #1 receiver"

I don't really give a sh*t at this point.

I can't name a single receiver on the Rams without looking it up and they still have one of the worst OL's in the league, yet you don't see a kid like Bradford constantly making stupid mistakes, constantly checking the ball down and looking totally helpless out there. And he has Schitty calling all of the shots for f*ck sake.

Luck and Griffin have drastically outperformed both guys on our roster with a mediocre supporting cast and they're both f*cking babies in this league.
    Brett Ratliff looked great in the pre-season. Hell, when Maybin played for the Bills he always looked great in the pre-season. It is hard to determine anything in the pre-season. If you want proof of that look at the 0-16 Lions from a few seasons ago. They were 4-0 in the pre-season. These are glorified practices/scrimmages. Hunter losing 1:1 battles and our Punting situation is far and wide the biggest 2 issues the Jets have. Not saying they don't have more, but those 2 need to be addressed ASAP.

9-22 with an Int and only playing against the 2nd and 3rd teams is waaaaaaayyyy worse then 13-17 with a pick 6 against arguably 2 top 10 defenses. What world are you living in?
    What world are you living in? A better completion % and handing the other team 7 points is BETTER than driving down the field and putting up 3 points?

13-17 or 9-22 don't go on the scoreboard. Points do. When the NFL start sdeciding winners by completion % let me know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    What world are you living in? A better completion % and handing the other team 7 points is BETTER than driving down the field and putting up 3 points?

13-17 or 9-22 don't go on the scoreboard. Points do. When the NFL start sdeciding winners by completion % let me know.
    A FG, bro. A FG.

If you're using a FG as your defense, you know the QB situation sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    A FG, bro. A FG.

If you're using a FG as your defense, you know the QB situation sucks.
    A 10 point swing brother.

Jets Insider VIP
    Brett Ratliff looked great in the pre-season. Hell, when Maybin played for the Bills he always looked great in the pre-season. It is hard to determine anything in the pre-season. If you want proof of that look at the 0-16 Lions from a few seasons ago. They were 4-0 in the pre-season. These are glorified practices/scrimmages.
    I don't care if it's the pre-season.

Our problems aren't going to just magically disappear once the callendar reads September 9th.

For all of the talk about Sanchez improving his footwork, being more dedicated in the weight room, now playing in an offense that is supposedly more suited to his strengths, and talking about how this is "his team"....I still see the same QB.

Even when there's no pressure in his face, we still see him timidly tuck the ball down and dance around in the pocket. We still see him gift wrap points to the opposing team. We still see him constantly check the ball down.

Our defense will be damn good, but it doesn't matter how talented your defense is if they're constanly sucking wind by the 2nd quarter because your offense is so totally inept.

Veteran

He's playing against the God Damn 2nd and 3rd team! What don't you understand about that? Congrats on the 3 points bro! Way to go! I realize that you may not know much about football so let me explain. It is much easier to play against guys who won't even be in the NFL in 2 weeks then it is to play against a stud defense. Now whats 2+2?

Jets Insider VIP
    A 10 point swing brother.
    The Giants scored 26 points today. Without the pick 6 it's 19-3, thanks to Tebow's precious FG.

He's playing against the God Damn 2nd and 3rd team! What don't you understand about that? Congrats on the 3 points bro! Way to go! I realize that you may not no much about football so let me explain. It is much easier to play against guys who won't even be in the NFL in 2 weeks then it is to play against a stud defense. Now whats 2+2?
    He's also playing with the back-ups. Is that hard for you to get?

BOTH teams talent level drops because they were both playing backups. Not just the opposing defense.

It's also easier to play offense with the starters than it is with backups.

That is a retarded one sided argument. So don't tell me I don't know about football if you can't comprehend your talent level on offense ALSO drops when playing back ups.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 08-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.