Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Im starting wonder why there wasnt an open competition between Tebow and Sanchez

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't understand why 3/4 of this board acts as if Sanchez completely blows Tebow out of the water.

Wow, so Sanchez sucks a little less than Tebow? Well I'll be.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    the definition of a knee jerk thread
    Get ready for more of them. Our fanbase is retarded. Seriously hate Jet fans.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    This is a post of true desperation. If anyone thinks Tim Tebow's hands have any business being under an NFL center's butt, the need only look one place - Jacksonville. The one franchise - starved for fan support and ticket sales at that - that could probably sellout all of its home games just by having Tebow on the roster, would not give up more than a fourth round pick for the guy. This is the backup QB phenomenon, plain and simple. If I was the Jets' backup, you'd be clamoring for me. Just let Sanchez play out the string.
    Maybe if the Jets backup took a 1-4 team to the divisional round of the playoffs and was a consistent winner at every level of football.

Look the way I see it, with a bad team and with terrible mechanics Tim Tebow far exceeded his expectations last year. Especially when you consider all the criticism. And it might as well have been his rookie season. With 3-4 different coaching philosophies in 3 years, the kid has seen no consistency since he has entered the NFL. You can't say that about Sanchez.

He earned himself a shot. That's all. A shot. His upside is higher than Mark's at this point. And that is really not debatable.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 08-19-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Maybe if the Jets backup took a 1-4 team to the divisional round of the playoffs and was a consistent winner at every level of football.

Look the way I see it, with a bad team and with terrible mechanics Tim Tebow far exceeded his expectations last year. Especially when you consider all the criticism.

He earned himself a shot. That's all. A shot. His upside is higher than Mark's at this point. And that is really not debatable.
    Thanks Whichfan, I do believe Sanchez should be the opening day starter, he deserves that. But because we have a viable guy on the bench that has proven he can win at this level, I believe the leash for Sanchez should be short. He had his shot with no threat of benching (Brunell, lets get real), so if he continues at his failing pace he needs to be yanked. Sanchez needs to put his big boy pants on and step up or its the end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    He's also playing with the back-ups. Is that hard for you to get?

BOTH teams talent level drops because they were both playing backups. Not just the opposing defense.

It's also easier to play offense with the starters than it is with backups.

That is a retarded one sided argument. So don't tell me I don't know about football if you can't comprehend your talent level on offense ALSO drops when playing back ups.
    Actually, Sanchez was playing with backup receivers against a 1st team defense.

Tebow was playing with backups against backups, and still played worse.

Veteran
    People, just stop replying to these threads and anyone with under 200 posts posting about Tebow. Just ignore it. Do you really think you're going to change these people's minds?

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    hands have any business being under an NFL center's butt
    Spoken like a true Giants fan.

Veteran
    Am I the only one that saw tebow under throw and over throw to his receivers on a number of passes? How do you over throw your receiver(RB) on a check down and how do you under throw a WIDE OPEN Hill(he took too long to recognize it anyway)... I think they had a in-game notice that said tebow had 5 consecutive incomplete passes... C'mon tebowians fall back because your guy still sucks... Especially if you have to consciously focus on your throwing motion during the game... NFL Network showed several replays in which tebow had different releases some low some medium and one that was high(and he over threw his receiver on that play)...

But to tebows credit the 2nd team offense still had many problems, but I liked their flow of the game, seemed a lot more fluid than the 1st team... To anyone that says tebow is a gifted runner, slap yourself... That dude is slow, can't make sharp cuts(he took 5 choppy steps to change direction and still got tackled), but I will give him the credit that he runs with power... Those designed running plays he had last night we're ineffective...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Because Rex still does not have a clue.
    I am beginning to think the same way too!

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    ... and anyone with under 200 posts posting about Tebow. Just ignore it. Do you really think you're going to change these people's minds?
    Extremely good advice.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post

btw Wayne Hunter almost got Mark killed... Tebow won't get killed, he's the son of Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I wish Tebow could finally just blow his Jesus load all over some these posters faces already
    I am not religious but you guys have consider that the above is very offensive to a large number of Jets Insider posters ... it's not cool, way over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I am not religious but you guys have consider that the above is very offensive to a large number of Jets Insider posters ... it's not cool, way over the line.
    I agree completely ... I'd say banning material

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I would love to see what Tebow could do with the first team. I cant believe with how bad Sanchez is why Ryan doesn't give Tebow some reps with the first team maybe that would wake him up. Tebow look pretty good out there. Make all the excuses for Sanchez but he threw another pick 6.
    ummmm, you did see the throw to a wide open Hill in the endzone right?