Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Please tell me this is not real
    It's not real.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Our best offense was with Favre. Where he refused to learn schotty's system. Last time we were a top 10 offense was when our qb didn't listen to the OC.....
    So what? Schotty was still calling the plays. He was the only half-decent QB Schotty had, and they scored points. What if he actually knew the playbook? Maybe the offense would have been even better. And the Jets had no speed at the WR position that year, either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    out Offense is going to be the joke of 2012
    What's with the future tense there?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It wasn't Schotty's fault. At least not nearly to the level that some people here would have you think.

Our QB has limitations, our OL is bad and we do not use nearly enough resources on the offensive side of the ball.
    The whole ****ing O line blows ass. I honestly don't know how Hunter has made it to any NFL roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe our team really DOES suck....

Maybe it wasn't Schitty's..err, I mean Schotty's fault.

And maybe I need a drink.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Maybe our team really DOES suck....

Maybe it wasn't Schitty's..err, I mean Schotty's fault.

And maybe I need a drink.....
    It's gonna be a long booze filled year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is all about personnel. We don't have much besides the few Pro Bowlers. Our owner decided to try to sell PSL's and bring in hype players to do so. Our GM decided to risk overpaying players based on a short stints in a NYJ uniform and he lost. Finally, we have drafted horribly and when you put these three together, you have disaster.

Sadly, we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford has had his WR corps shaken up every year just like Sanchez, except Bradford has never had a player with the talent of Holmes or Braylon to throw to.

His OL has also been a disaster EVERY YEAR that he's been in the league.

And now he's saddled with Schitty to cap it all off....yet he's lighting it up.

Sooner or later everyone will realize that neither Sanchez or Tebow are going to be this teams longterm solution at QB.

Me? I've already accepted that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, but Jeff Fisher will not let Shotty be "Shotty" like Rex did. Fisher has way more control of his team and is way more involved in his offense than Rex is.
    You are misinformed ... actually Fisher is letting Schotty run the offense without shadowing him and watching his every call. Boy if you watch NFL films and see Rex talking to Schotty the years Schotty was here you would know how bad it is. Schotty like "do we play for a field goal Rex or TD" ... Rex is like "just don't turn the ball over ... play it safe we don't need to do anything crazy" .... Yeh that's so much creative freedom. Problem is they messed with Sanchez WAY too early in his development and stopped trusting him. How can that not mess with anyone's confidence. Bradford has ridiculous tools especially for what Schotty wants to do. All those little quick hits you won't see batted down on Bradford like they were with Sanchez. Schotty will do okay .... like I said when we hired Tony ... "why the hell didn't we get Haley"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bradford has had his WR corps shaken up every year just like Sanchez, except Bradford has never had a player with the talent of Holmes or Braylon to throw to.

Sooner or later everyone will realize that neither Sanchez or Tebow are going to be this teams longterm solution at QB.

Bradford sucked in the first preseason game. "Lighting it up" is a bit of a stretch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Many of us know this. We're simply hoping for some adequacy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans who think Schottenheimer was the problem are engaging in a lot of wishful thinking vis-a-vis the talent level of the offense the past few years. The Jets have the best Center in football, a pretty good receiving TE, and talented but not especially productive number one and that's about it. I'm not sure that's good enough. It's going to depend on Sanchez. We'll see this year. For the Jets to be a consistent winner, he can't just be good, he has to be great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    Jet fans who think Schottenheimer was the problem are engaging in a lot of wishful thinking vis-a-vis the talent level of the offense the past few years. The Jets have the best Center in football, a pretty good receiving TE, and talented but not especially productive number one and that's about it. I'm not sure that's good enough. It's going to depend on Sanchez. We'll see this year. For the Jets to be a consistent winner, he can't just be good, he has to be great.
    The talent on offense was quite good, then good, then acceptable, to now inferior. Every year the FO has removed pieces little by little without replacing them. Rex started with a pretty good offense and it has been systematically dismantled. The current OC will have to work miracles with a lot less than Schitty had (including a QB that hadn't been ruined yet). But they will be compared apples to apples and people, just like you, will say, hmm maybe Schitty wasn't so bad after all. He is the luckiest person in the world. Whatever the opposite of going through life with a black cloud over your head is, is Schitty.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The talent on offense was quite good, then good, then acceptable, to now inferior. Every year the FO has removed pieces little by little without replacing them. Rex started with a pretty good offense and it has been systematically dismantled. The current OC will have to work miracles with a lot less than Schitty had (including a QB that hadn't been ruined yet). But they will be compared apples to apples and people, just like you, will say, hmm maybe Schitty wasn't so bad after all. He is the luckiest person in the world. Whatever the opposite of going through life with a black cloud over your head is, is Schitty.
    I don't disagree with much you say except for one thing - Sparano having a lot less to work with the Schottenheimer. Okay, maybe if you're comparing him to 2009, where I think you can say the Jets had solid offensive talent. If you're looking at 2010, I'll give you that the talent was modestly better. If you're talking 2011, where most of your Schottenheimer wrath was born, I disagree. Minus an old Plaxico Burress is just not that much less than the current group. I know he helped in the red zone, but the guy just wasn't that good last year. I know he's a pariah around here but the guy is considered by some people around the league to be a future head coach and a veteran head coach with very good reputation snatched him up as soon as the Jets fired him. Jets fans may hate him but people around the league seem to feel differently.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    I don't disagree with much you say except for one thing - Sparano having a lot less to work with the Schottenheimer. Okay, maybe if you're comparing him to 2009, where I think you can say the Jets had solid offensive talent. If you're looking at 2010, I'll give you that the talent was modestly better. If you're talking 2011, where most of your Schottenheimer wrath was born, I disagree. Minus an old Plaxico Burress is just not that much less than the current group. I know he helped in the red zone, but the guy just wasn't that good last year. I know he's a pariah around here but the guy is considered by some people around the league to be a future head coach and a veteran head coach with very good reputation snatched him up as soon as the Jets fired him. Jets fans may hate him but people around the league seem to feel differently.
    You're the one that said 'vis a vis the last few years'
    vis-a-vis the talent level of the offense the past few years.
    "Last few years" means more than last year. And I agree by last year the offensive talent was already pretty bad. This year there's nothing.

When you say 'your' Schottenhemier wrath I don't know if you mean me personally but many people started hating him long before that. Me personally the year Favre came to the Jets which is the year Schottenheimer was exposed. I believe if Rex could have convinced Favre to stick around one more year for Rex's first year the Jets would have won the SB. But Favre hightailed it out of NY thanks to Schotty.

He may make a better head coach one day than an OC. His resume as an OC is a trail of mediocrity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bravo.
    Been right there with you and Mainejet about Sanchez...
    Schotty wasn't the problem... Now people want to say its Hunter alone... When that gets fixed, I wonder who they will blame?
    Also agree Tebow is not the answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Bravo.
    Schotty wasn't the problem... Now people want to say its Hunter alone... When that gets fixed, I wonder who they will blame?
    sanchez had 32 tds last year. he can put points up. he also is a turnover machine. but if given decent protection, he can score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo.
    Just because Sanchez may not be able to immediately rise out of the ashes of the disaster Schoddy leaves in his wake does not mean he isn't responsible for it. Sanchez's mental toughness and physical skills (footwork) have deteriorated under his coaches and he will be lucky to rebound from it. And keeping Cavanaugh will not help.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-19-2012 at 09:56 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez had 32 tds last year. he can put points up. he also is a turnover machine. but if given decent protection, he can score.
    Can't win giving the other team 6 points every other game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't win giving the other team 6 points every other game.
    no, but scoring over 30 tds can keep you competitive in most games. it's possible that sanchez could account for 35 tds if they had a good RT.