Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insult to Injury - Schotty's O Putting up Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Just because Sanchez may not be able to rise and succeed immediately after the disaster Schoddy leaves in his wake does not mean he isn't responsible for it. Sanchez's mental toughness and physical skills (footwork) have deteriorated under those two and he will be lucky to rebound from it. And keeping Cavanaugh will not help.
    It's not that his skills have deteriorated...

The problem is that he still the same guy they drafted -

A guy who doesn't know how to play qb, makes bad decisions and has questionable accuracy.

You want to continue to make excuses and say that it's because of Schotty go ahead, but that pick 6 is the root of problem and that's not the offensive coordinators fault.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    no, but scoring over 30 tds can keep you competitive in most games. it's possible that sanchez could account for 35 tds if they had a good RT.
    I don't know... its deflating to a defense when your offense has a propensity to go 3 and out, sometimes 3-4 times in a row and then when your qb gives the other team points...

Yes, he's throwing Tds, but if you aren't winning or If you are piling up those stats against bad defenses like last year... who cares?

Rivers is a better qb and throws with more accuracy, more Tds, more yards... But he too makes boneheaded plays that have killed his team.

Hard to win when turn the ball over, when your turnovers lead to points, it's near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don't know... its deflating to a defense when your offense has a propensity to go 3 and out, sometimes 3-4 times in a row and then when your qb gives the other team points...

Yes, he's throwing Tds, but if you aren't winning or If you are piling up those stats against bad defenses like last year... who cares?

Rivers is a better qb and throws with more accuracy, more Tds, more yards... But he too makes boneheaded plays that have killed his team.

Hard to win when turn the ball over, when your turnovers lead to points, it's near impossible.
    not disagreeing with you. the thing with sanchez is that he's never going to minimize the turnovers. the way sanchez can win is if you let him play it out. he'll throw a few pick 6s, fumble, etc. but he'll throw some bombs and he'll score. with their defense, they can win more games if they protect sanchez and he has a vertical game, than if they dink/dunk. b/c he's gonna throw that pick 6. in a 6-0 game, that td makes it 13-0 and changes everything. but if the jets are scoring, and the game was, say, 20-17 jets at the time, the offense knows they can come back and score, and the defense also has faith the offense can put up points. sanchez is not a game manager. i just hope they're putting in bombs to hill and others and the bills are gonna get hit first. i also hope they have a plan for blocking mario other than using sanchez's ass to do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    It's not that his skills have deteriorated...

The problem is that he still the same guy they drafted -

A guy who doesn't know how to play qb, makes bad decisions and has questionable accuracy.

You want to continue to make excuses and say that it's because of Schotty go ahead, but that pick 6 is the root of problem and that's not the offensive coordinators fault.
    Have you looked at Sanchez's videos from USC recently? He was a different QB back then than he is today. It is startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Have you looked at Sanchez's videos from USC recently? He was a different QB back then than he is today. It is startling.
    I remember those videos... Huge windows, WR's open by 5 yards...
    But yes he looked great in them. The NFL is a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not disagreeing with you. the thing with sanchez is that he's never going to minimize the turnovers. the way sanchez can win is if you let him play it out. he'll throw a few pick 6s, fumble, etc. but he'll throw some bombs and he'll score. with their defense, they can win more games if they protect sanchez and he has a vertical game, than if they dink/dunk. b/c he's gonna throw that pick 6. in a 6-0 game, that td makes it 13-0 and changes everything. but if the jets are scoring, and the game was, say, 20-17 jets at the time, the offense knows they can come back and score, and the defense also has faith the offense can put up points. sanchez is not a game manager. i just hope they're putting in bombs to hill and others and the bills are gonna get hit first. i also hope they have a plan for blocking mario other than using sanchez's ass to do it.
    I agree that this would be better watching for us fans, but show me a team/qb who has won this way... Don't give me Favre with his freakish arm...

Also wanted to add... Favre never won until he stopped playing like a gunslinger...
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 08-19-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Veteran
    The OL is worrisome, but the O as a whole hasn't shown their hand. This was evident on the 4th and 1 when they didn't trot Tebow out there in wildcat. They haven't thrown any long passes(and yes they can a 5 -7 step drop and let it rip Hill can cover 40yds in that time). So basically it allows teams to play us like last year, stack the box and not worry about anything over the top. I'm not going to pass judgement until the 3rd or 4th game of the regular season. By then we should know if the O holds any promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bradford has had his WR corps shaken up every year just like Sanchez, except Bradford has never had a player with the talent of Holmes or Braylon to throw to.

His OL has also been a disaster EVERY YEAR that he's been in the league.

And now he's saddled with Schitty to cap it all off....yet he's lighting it up.

Sooner or later everyone will realize that neither Sanchez or Tebow are going to be this teams longterm solution at QB.

Me? I've already accepted that.

I hate it when YOU of all people are actually right.....

The question is "What now?", though?

Maybe the Jets can get by on smoke and mirrors this year? Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Our best offense was with Favre. Where he refused to learn schotty's system. Last time we were a top 10 offense was when our qb didn't listen to the OC.....
    We weren't top ten but yes it was our best O. Funny part is if you remember the excuses for him was. The OL wasn't giving him enough time and the WR weren't getting open. The more things change. At least he tried to make plays.