Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bright Spots Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bright Spots Thread

Some of the positives I brought away:

1, Antonio Allen is a player. Great instincts and burst on the ball, sure tackler

2. Coples again a man amongst boys against the 2s. He is going to be terrific.

3. Hill ran some really nice routes

4. Jordan White played, and is solid on punt returns and has good hands

5. We got through the game fairly cleanly from an injury stand point

6, Maybins block and the fact he was getting double teamed opening up some lanes in the rush

7. Kendrick Ellis looked stout at the point of attack

8. It was only a preseason game

9. Tebow did look slightly better with his motion than even last week

10. NFL Network switched to a blacked out for me SD game giving me 10 minutes of my life back that I would have otherwise had to suffer through

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought bart scott looked faster tonight. And i love landrys physicallity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

1, Antonio Allen is a player. Great instincts and burst on the ball, sure tackler

6, Maybins block and the fact he was getting double teamed opening up some lanes in the rush

10. NFL Network switched to a blacked out for me SD game giving me 10 minutes of my life back that I would have otherwise had to suffer through
    Hill is 2years away from being good. Ellis needs one more year, and so does coples. The future will be better if we trade/release revis and Holmes and get an Oline a qb.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this team has depth and D-Line and safety.

Devito looked good and Ellis is stout.

Allen is doing a nice job.

The defense will be better, especially if Davis can contribute.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hill is 2years away from being good. Ellis needs one more year, and so does coples. The future will be better if we trade/release revis and Holmes and get an Oline a qb.
    Are you for real? Ellis was excellent tonight! Coples did very well. Release Revis & Holmes? For sure you are up past your bed time!

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hill is 2years away from being good. Ellis needs one more year, and so does coples. The future will be better if we trade (Okay) /release (What???) revis and Holmes and get an Oline a qb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything you wrote. I loved the way Allen plays! The guy is a real gem in the 7th round. I hate that the NFL Netweork switched away with a few minutes remaining! To me it was embarassing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was only a preseason game
    People can keep saying this all they want.

Doesn't change the fact that our offense looks goddamn atrocious at the moment.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that its the second preseason game. Peope complain about an offense that is brand new and may take a while before everyone gets on the same page.

Thanks for starting this thread. Its embarrassing reading the other threads. I thought nyers were suppose to be knowledgeable sports fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Are you for real? Ellis was excellent tonight! Coples did very well. Release Revis & Holmes? For sure you are up past your bed time!
    Ellis looks good, still a year from being really good. Obviously we keep revis and Holmes this year, but next year we need to trade revis not handicap ourselves by giving him (another) absurd contract. Holmes is cuttable next year and he should go.

Coples looks good against 2s, and I think he's gonna be awesome, but not this year. Like I said the future is brighter than right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably won't be seeing a lot of "the Tebow" and the circus around it this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bright spot is that Rex Ryan is a good defensive coach who has drafted a good defensive squad and runs a system his defense buys into.

And of course that's the bad news too.

I do not believe the offensive players believe in each other or are buying into the system. It's not important that we haven't run the wildcat yet or that we are staying vanilla.

What hurt this team last year wasn't Santonio Holmes or Shonn Greene or Wayne Hunter - it was cumulative, with the offense losing faith in itself.

One thing about a guy like Parcells, if you didn't play your heart out, you were gone [for the most part]. It wasn't just because you need guys to really apply themselves, it's also because you need guys to not have a chance to lose faith in one another. It's a team sport and successful teams always need to have that unity and group momentum.

Through two preseason games the Jets offense doesn't have it. Not a drip of it. They might still get their mojo back - and the fairly easy schedule helps - but this season could reasonably be as big a disaster as last year was.

So - I love that the Jets have a great half-team - but they aren't going to do anything special without the other half. Hopefully this gets rectified somehow - because a complete Jets team would be top10 in the NFL.

Next week against Carolina is going to be hugely telling IMO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only positives or bright spots that I can take away from this pre-season so far is the play of Coples and Kenrick Ellis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bright spot is that the first team D only allowed 6 points, the flip side is the offense gave up 7

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rookies look pretty good.

This defense is going to be great. They're deep on the DL and have more speed in the secondary.

I really like what I see from Hill. I wish they would throw it to him more, a few lobs or bombs should be coming his way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I really like what I see from Hill. I wish they would throw it to him more, a few lobs or bombs should be coming his way.
    Haven't you heard?

We're going to be "vanilla" in the pre-season.

A simple fly route is much too complex for pre-season use.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The D looks good. That part doesn't worry me. What worries me is that they will be on the field twice as long as the offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We sucked period end of story play Judy Garland all you want. Call it a rebuild year and STFU.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Haven't you heard?

We're going to be "vanilla" in the pre-season.

A simple fly route is much too complex for pre-season use.
    Maybe they don't want anyone to know they'll throw a 20 yard pass ever again. And when the defense least expects it, BAM! Overthrown ball.