Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the 15+ yard ATTEMPTS???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the 15+ yard ATTEMPTS???

I thought Schotty was the problem, but it might be Sanchez too

I know how bad Hunter is, but when our O-line actually blocks once in a blue moon, Sanchez drops back quickly and looks around for 2 seconds, and whattaya know, a 5 yard dinky sh1t passing play EVERY TIME

I know it's preseason, but damn man......loosen up

Can we just friggin air it out a little.....Atleast it might be harder to throw pick 6s compared to the dumb little crossing patterns, quick slants, and quick hitches that defenses jump all game long, week in week out

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans, it is your Head Coach. Please listen and understand.

THIS is the style of ball he wants. It doesn't matter the OC, he is living in the past with the '85 Bears. I know, I read his book. Problem is, defensive teams that he tries to emulate like the Ravens and the Bears only win championships every twenty years while teams who do it right through great talent and a high octane offense win nearly every year.

Rex Ryan is the source of your problems.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the problem? Your punter had 2 15+ yard attempts
    Last edited by REDDOG2004; 08-18-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really wondering why Sparano hasn't called 1 go route with Hill and the 1st team.

Look at what Eli did early in the game. That was a big FU to Rex and the Jets D. They sent Cruz on a go route against Revis and it wouldve been a bomb TD if Eli didn't sail it too far to the sideline.

Then Carr does the same thing against the 2nd team, but completes the pass.
    Last edited by SMC; 08-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Jet fans, it is your Head Coach. Please listen and understand.

THIS is the style of ball he wants. It doesn't matter the OC, he is living in the past with the '85 Bears. I know, I read his book. Problem is, defensive teams that he tries to emulate like the Ravens and the Bears only win championships every twenty years while teams who do it right through great talent and a high octane offense win nearly every year.

Rex Ryan is the source of your problems.
    I don't mind a defensive smash mouth style.....I don't even want an air assault offense.....I just want us to put pressure on the opposing defense and take a few shots.....Open up the damn passing game, even if you don't complete every one

Just sick and tired of watching an offense in a 10 yard bubble.....sick and tired of the same old 3 yard crossing pattern pick 6, sick and f'n tired of opposing defensive backs jumping our same old BS routes every time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I'm really wondering why Sparano hasn't called 1 go route with Hill and the 1st team.

Look at what Eli did early in the game. That was a big FU to Rex and the Jets D. They sent Cruz on a go route against Revis and it wouldn't been a bomb TD if Eli didn't sail it too far to the endzone.

Then Carr does the same thing against the 2nd team, but completes the pass.
    Still haven't seen ONE ATTEMPT.......sickening

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OL not giving him time and also 3 of their top 4 Wrs didn't play. Its hard to judge things before the real games start though, because there is no gameplanning going on right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    The OL not giving him time and also 3 of their top 4 Wrs didn't play. Its hard to judge things before the real games start though, because there is no gameplanning going on right now.
    I don't care about who the hell is playing WR.....take a 3 step drop and air out a jump ball to Hill, 1 v 1 down the sideline

DO SOMETHING

What was the excuse for having FOUR (4!) Passing ATTEMPTS of 30+ yards ALL SEASON last year?? I see most other NFL teams with more than 4 shots a GAME

Schotty is no longer the scapegoat

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of hard for 15+ yard routes to develop with your RT letting his guy blow right by him every play. Sanchez barely has time to get 5 yd quick slants off let alone throwing bombs. Also, who's he gonna throw to? Our WR core is garbage.

We need to make a trade for a RT ASAP or this season's screwed. Problem is who do we trade? We have ZERO depth...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing I heard at the beginning of the broadcast tonight was that both the patriots and the giants ranked last in rushing yet both were in the big game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    Kind of hard for 15+ yard routes to develop with your RT letting his guy blow right by him every play. Sanchez barely has time to get 5 yd quick slants off let alone throwing bombs. Also, who's he gonna throw to? Our WR core is garbage.

We need to make a trade for a RT ASAP or this season's screwed. Problem is who do we trade? We have ZERO depth...
    Hunter is horrible but he doesn't get beat every play man......

Where are the rollouts? Playaction? Fade down the sidelines?

I'm sick of the 10 yard bubble offense......It sounds good in theory, but opposing db's jump our routes all game long......Ever wonder why our WRs get "no seperation"? It's not just a coincidence....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a passing league now and our offense would only work in pee wee football. I hated Sparano's water gun offense in Miami and now I hate it more. I guess we have to win every game 3-0 or 6-3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

I'm sick of the 10 yard bubble offense......It sounds good in theory, but opposing db's jump our routes all game long......Ever wonder why our WRs get "no seperation"? It's not just a coincidence....
    Yeah, I agree. Add an extra blocker for Hunter. Designed play. Keller, Turner and Hill. Have Hill go deep. Have Connor and Greene stay in to block and then have Sanchez just chuck it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I agree. Add an extra blocker for Hunter. Designed play. Keller, Turner and Hill. Have Hill go deep. Have Connor and Greene stay in to block and then have Sanchez just chuck it.
    We aren't built to be a "big play" offense, but there is no reason why we can't be taking shots down the field on a consistent basis...

It's even more puzzling when we try to consider ourselves a ground and pound team......Usually the running game + shots down field work hand in hand

We play the brand of offense where defenses have NO REASON to not stack all 11 defenders in the box, shut down the run and jump the quick slant......Sadly this is why we were so bad on offense last season, and I haven't seen anything yet this preseason that would indicate anything different at all

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

I agree that we definitely need to go deep more often to open up the running game.

Sorry man Hunter is complete TRASH. He gave up 2 sacks, 1 that didn't count (because of an offsides penalty) and 4 pressures in ONE half resulting in another sack. Sanchez only threw 11 times in the first half and was under direct pressure 7/11 passes.

Every sack today was mostly in part to Wayne Hunter. It's amazing Sanchez was able to complete 81% of his passes. Tom Brady would be pedestrian behind our O-line.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what we did last season and Sanchez would have no where to go because the defense now has another defender to double our #1. We never went deep last year though so I definitely agree that we need to start taking shots down the field. What we need more is a better RT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    That's what we did last season and Sanchez would have no where to go because the defense now has another defender to double our #1. We never went deep last year though so I definitely agree that we need to start taking shots down the field. What we need more is a better RT.
    I agree about the RT, but last year the Jets didn't have a Hill type player who could stretch the field. Now they do. Braylon did it the 2 years before. Hill can at least run the go route. Do that some times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was looking deep multiple times; he's just too much of a ***** to pull the trigger. He can't pull the trigger in a meaningless game because he's been browbeaten into not making mistakes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    He was looking deep multiple times; he's just too much of a ***** to pull the trigger. He can't pull the trigger in a meaningless game because he's been browbeaten into not making mistakes.
    That's one of the many good qualities about Eli. He doesn't give a crap when he throws INTs.

"Hey, I threw 3 pick sixes in a game once and led the NFL in INTs in year. Who cares!"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great points, all. I want to give up football forever every time I see the same damn checkdown to the RB for 3 yards. Or the crossing pattern for 5 yards to a well covered TE on 3rd and long.

I really can't even remember the last time the Jets attempted a pass over 30 yards in the air.

Attempted.

I think Sanchez has been David Carr'ed, and it might already be too late.