Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the 15+ yard ATTEMPTS???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    He was looking deep multiple times; he's just too much of a ***** to pull the trigger. He can't pull the trigger in a meaningless game because he's been browbeaten into not making mistakes.
    Of course he has. You really think Sanchez feels confident back there now? He was told by his coach to eliminate the mistakes and play conservative, he has an O line that is porous, he has no weapons at his disposal and he has the looming figure of Tim Tebow sitting over his shoulder. You really think he feels like he can take ANY chances? You can not play the QB position tight and feel like you have no margin for error. Sanchez is playing that way now,

This whole offense, from the ideology to the personnel, is dysfunctional.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are waiting regular season to take te top off the defense. He isn't afraid Tories deep. An INT 40 yards downfield is the same as a punt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

If you want to teach a new blocking scheme not throwing deep, keeping the D playing up with 9 or 10 in the box is a pretty good way to force the OL to block and hit their assignments.

Pretty smart to make it as tough as possible for the OL when it doesn't count. If it gets Sanchez killed even better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    The OL not giving him time and also 3 of their top 4 Wrs didn't play. Its hard to judge things before the real games start though, because there is no gameplanning going on right now.
    Everybody is saying this but that is a total BS excuse, NO team is game planning but there are still many teams putting up 20 and 30 point games while the jets have yet to score a TD in the preseason

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I think they are waiting regular season to take te top off the defense. He isn't afraid Tories deep. An INT 40 yards downfield is the same as a punt.
    i agree, though i don't know if this offense is capable of 'turning it on' when they need to. especially with hunter there.

i hope hunter giving up all these sacks is part of their vanilla offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 40 yard INT is better then a punt. Time for the Westhoff to tell the OC to throw the ball down the field on 3rd down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    LOL. And INT 15 yards down the field is the same as a Conley punt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    not in the jets ground and posund offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I'm really wondering why Sparano hasn't called 1 go route with Hill and the 1st team.

Look at what Eli did early in the game. That was a big FU to Rex and the Jets D. They sent Cruz on a go route against Revis and it wouldve been a bomb TD if Eli didn't sail it too far to the endzone.

Then Carr does the same thing against the 2nd team, but completes the pass.
    Seriously, can't Sanchez throw 1 pass to Hill? Did Hill steal Kate Upton from Sanchez?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    Kind of hard for 15+ yard routes to develop with your RT letting his guy blow right by him every play. Sanchez barely has time to get 5 yd quick slants off let alone throwing bombs. Also, who's he gonna throw to? Our WR core is garbage.

We need to make a trade for a RT ASAP or this season's screwed. Problem is who do we trade? We have ZERO depth...
    This

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    The OL not giving him time and also 3 of their top 4 Wrs didn't play. Its hard to judge things before the real games start though, because there is no gameplanning going on right now.
    Yes but 3-4 of the WRS can hardly be called "top". Average at best.