Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: This is going to be a LONG season

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,633
    7-8 win team AT BEST.

    This team IS REALLY BAD.

  2. #22
    What are they holding back play wise??? The Giants threw downfield last night. Tebow's throws sucked. Sanchez still holds the ball too long, Greene runs into the line, Hunter could not block a 5yr old, Conley shanked punts and the RB depth is non existent.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    dude I disagree. We're a capable team. Maybe 1 or 2 teams in the whole league have a secondary better than us and our major competition are teams that attack thru the air. If our pass rush is there during the season we'll be straight and our defense can be a top 3 defense without a doubt but if the O isn't getting any first downs and etc they'll be worndown and battered by week 5 or 6. Remember we thought we were in a rebuilding stage when Rex FIRST got here and we got Sanchez and starting him. People would have settled for 8-8 and been excited. Things got moving quicker than we expected and you pull 1 or 2 moves and you're right there. If the O can just be like what San Fran had last year ... we can manage. I mean they got Frank Gore and a an all-world tightend ... but if we can manage like that we'll be okay. San Fran was 2 nonfumbled special teams plays from possibly being in the superbowl.
    Pass rush? When have we had a pass rush without blitzing the house? We have no legitimate pass rushers.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    this is a 5-11 team at best, we'll be starting "Let's Draft So and so ..." threads by Halloween
    Totally agree. Let's hope "so and so" is an offensive lineman.

  5. #25
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    217
    I knew it was going to be a bad night for the offense when Sanchez was running back and forth from the bench to the field and back again, before the first play.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Totally agree. Let's hope "so and so" is an offensive lineman.
    The whole draft should be offense. This is worst core Of guys I think the jets ever had.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I knew it was going to be a bad night for the offense when Sanchez was running back and forth from the bench to the field and back again, before the first play.
    Me too !!! Hey, maybe it's all an elaborate ruse ... The Jets are sucking during preseason intentionally ! Then, when week one comes around we will all of the sudden be awesome ! Hahahaha.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    The whole draft should be offense. This is worst core Of guys I think the jets ever had.
    at this point, i'd be happy if the drafted offense in the first round. wilson, wilk and coples.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I knew it was going to be a bad night for the offense when Sanchez was running back and forth from the bench to the field and back again, before the first play.

    Saw this too, knew this was a harbinger for a terrible night to come...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Those 3rd and 1 runs today and 4th and 1 runs were more prideful calls than smart calls. This whole "ground and pound" thing is terrible when you don't open up the running game by taking shots downfield. I know its only pre season but the idea that we're going to be a power running team without a O line that is opening gaps, taking shots downfield to open up the running game and loosen the D, & having an RB to really be effective .... is scaring me. Our running game took 3-4 weeks to get going 2 years ago, it sucked last year, and we're just trying to enforce this identity again so Rex can get his clock management thing working. We don't have a Ray Rice or a RB unit with power runners and quick hole hitting guys. McKnight isn't proven, Greene isn't a featured back he's a change of pace guy, & Powell is less proven than McKnight.

    I know we were missing all our receivers today but just off the eye test .... we're not physically dominating the way Rex & the staff expected, running as effective, or even taking shots downfield in a smart way to loosen up the D. Its only pre season so I won't even glance at the panic button but I'm already thinking I'm going to be looking for it sooner than I thought.

    It is preseason don't jump off a bridge yet. The defense looks good, the Giants first team offense did not score a TD.

    Also you cannot pick on play calls during the preseason. Hopefully we will get Holmes, Kurley and Schilenz back next week against Carolina to get a better idea of our offense.

  11. #31
    As bad as things look, and they look bad, the season is still three weeks away.

    I will hold off judgement until October 1st.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Me too !!! Hey, maybe it's all an elaborate ruse ... The Jets are sucking during preseason intentionally ! Then, when week one comes around we will all of the sudden be awesome ! Hahahaha.
    1992: After a 5-0 preseason in which first year starting Quarterback Browning Nagle shinned there was hope and optimism abound for the Jets and their fans. Nagle would get off to a flying start as he threw for 366 yards and two Touchdowns in the season opener at Atlanta. The yardage total was the second highest by an NFL Quarterback making his first start. However, Nagle and the Jets dream would go crashing back to reality as both struggled all season, and would wind up winning less games in the regular season then the preseason and the Jets finished a woeful 4-12. However, the story of the season comes on November 29th when Defensive End Dennis Byrd was partially paralyzed in a freak collision with teammate Scott Mersereau in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Chiefs. Most Doctors thought Byrd would never walk again, but spinal surgery and allot of hard work helped Byrd overcome his injuries, and walk again. Byrd would become an inspirational figure among his teammates and all who suffer spinal cord injuries, by giving them hope for the future. The Jets would use Byrd as an inspiration in the game following the injury as the Jets stunned the Bills in Buffalo, allowing the Jets to snap a five year losing streak to the Bills.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    1992: After a 5-0 preseason in which first year starting Quarterback Browning Nagle shinned there was hope and optimism abound for the Jets and their fans. Nagle would get off to a flying start as he threw for 366 yards and two Touchdowns in the season opener at Atlanta. The yardage total was the second highest by an NFL Quarterback making his first start. However, Nagle and the Jets dream would go crashing back to reality as both struggled all season, and would wind up winning less games in the regular season then the preseason and the Jets finished a woeful 4-12. However, the story of the season comes on November 29th when Defensive End Dennis Byrd was partially paralyzed in a freak collision with teammate Scott Mersereau in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Chiefs. Most Doctors thought Byrd would never walk again, but spinal surgery and allot of hard work helped Byrd overcome his injuries, and walk again. Byrd would become an inspirational figure among his teammates and all who suffer spinal cord injuries, by giving them hope for the future. The Jets would use Byrd as an inspiration in the game following the injury as the Jets stunned the Bills in Buffalo, allowing the Jets to snap a five year losing streak to the Bills.
    I also was going to bring up 1992 when we looked like would beaters during the preseason, only to go 4-12 during the regular season.

    You and I have age bro, we tend to look at things differently then the younger generations.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I also was going to bring up 1992 when we looked like would beaters during the preseason, only to go 4-12 during the regular season.

    You and I have age bro, we tend to look at things differently then the younger generations.
    Funny thing is if the Jets were looking good the same posters would be saying ;It's just preseason lets see what happens when the games count..

  15. #35
    Interesting that Byrd was brought up. A Certain WR who used to be a Jet said he was INSPIRED and played like it in that postseason game(was it against the Pats? I forget....).

  16. #36
    We are better off tanking this season and securing one of the top two draft picks. Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are going to be better pros than Sanchez. if we are serious about stopping SOJ cycle, we need a real franchise QB.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We are better off tanking this season and securing one of the top two draft picks. Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are going to be better pros than Sanchez. if we are serious about stopping SOJ cycle, we need a real franchise QB.
    Good thing you edited the "draft" word.

    I don't think daffy duck has anything to do with Jets football....

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,317
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We are better off tanking this season and securing one of the top two draft picks. Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are going to be better pros than Sanchez. if we are serious about stopping SOJ cycle, we need a real franchise QB.
    No
    more
    USC
    quarterbacks

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Good thing you edited the "draft" word.

    I don't think daffy duck has anything to do with Jets football....
    stupid spell check on my iPad.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    No
    more
    USC
    quarterbacks
    Barkley's different. He has started since his freshman year, is a coaches son, has said to have a great work ethic. He's been in the spotlight since high school so he's not gonna lose sight of what's important when all of a sudden he becomes an uber celebrity. He will probably be the first pick, so if we want him, we can't win more than 2 games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us