Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relax Jets Fans

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax Jets Fans

It's preseason, you're running a new offense, you're not gameplanning. Those are three reasons not to worry. Coples looked great tonight as did the defense in general. Wait until week four before making any predictions. We Giants fans have been through a slew of bad preseasons that turned out pretty well for us so don't take this for anything more than what it is, preseason.

I do have a question though. Is Greg Buttle dumb enough to think he can pull this Victor Cruz on the Jets story out of his ass? I was almost shocked that someone would try to put something like that over on the audience. Otherwise, he actually wasn't too bad for a hometown announcer but that was ridiculous. You guys might want to bring Randy Cross back.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your a NYG FAN that has not experienced our pain, so your assumption is way off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    It's preseason, you're running a new offense, you're not gameplanning. Those are three reasons not to worry. Coples looked great tonight as did the defense in general. Wait until week four before making any predictions. We Giants fans have been through a slew of bad preseasons that turned out pretty well for us so don't take this for anything more than what it is, preseason.

I do have a question though. Is Greg Buttle dumb enough to think he can pull this Victor Cruz on the Jets story out of his ass? I was almost shocked that someone would try to put something like that over on the audience. Otherwise, he actually wasn't too bad for a hometown announcer but that was ridiculous. You guys might want to bring Randy Cross back.
    Thanks for stopping by. Now gfy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your preseason failures really affected you. I wish our preseason failures resulted in SB WINS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me guess you were 5 years old when giants won there first SB. Have your mom tuck you in tonite.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Giants have had some pretty rough stretches and heart-wrenching losses as well. I'm sure you're all aware of the Giants' penchant for blowing big leads in big games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of blowing why don't you go blow off. Please dump this thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a question though. Is Greg Buttle dumb enough to think he can pull this Victor Cruz on the Jets story out of his ass? I was almost shocked that someone would try to put something like that over on the audience.
    This was classic Buttle. Most Jets fans know he makes it up as he goes along.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

When I heard that I thought I must have been in a coma when that happened and missed that whole part of Jets' history.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    When I heard that I thought I must have been in a coma when that happened and missed that whole part of Jets' history.
    I think Ian Eagle should have called him on it. I've never been a fan of his but if the guy is willing to confront Mike Fratello on air over his tone, he should be willing to call out a guy who's obviously lying to fill airspace.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Ian Eagle should have called him on it. I've never been a fan of his but if the guy is willing to confront Mike Fratello on air over his tone, he should be willing to call out a guy who's obviously lying to fill airspace.

I don't think Buttle was lying. IMO, he simply isn't prepared to be an NFL color guy. He most likely remembered Cruz from his breakout preseason game a couple of years ago. However, he didn't remember he played against the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/I][/B]

I don't think Buttle was lying. IMO, he simply isn't prepared to be an NFL color guy. He most likely remembered Cruz from his breakout preseason game a couple of years ago. However, he didn't remember he played against the Jets.
    I'm not sure which would be more disturbing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure which would be more disturbing.
    My take is much more disturbing. If he were simply BSing us, I'd have more respect for him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/I][/B]

I just watched the replay and heard him say that. Kind of unbelievable. Granted, there have been one or two guys that the giants have poached from our taxi squad but Cruz wasn't one of them. Your explanation is probably right on. He's not lying - no reason to purposely make yourself look like an idiot. He's just talking....and nonsense just flies out seamlessly.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buttle should be fired for that gaffe. It does not get any worse than that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL... I know! I was thinking the same thing. Ten he made things worse by saying that DJ Ware was on the Jets roster as well. I have never heard an announcer so confidently belt out 2 incorrect facts on the air with in such a short period of time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    LOL... I know! I was thinking the same thing. Ten he made things worse by saying that DJ Ware was on the Jets roster as well. I have never heard an announcer so confidently belt out 2 incorrect facts on the air with in such a short period of time.
    DJ Ware = Danny Ware ...

I think

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    D.J. Ware is Danny Ware and yes he was with the Jets.

I'm not sure if Ware was ever on the Jets 53 man roster. He was definitely on the practice squad though. That's a forgivable error, if it was one. The Cruz story was just bizarre.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    D.J. Ware is Danny Ware and yes he was with the Jets.

I'm not sure if Ware was ever on the Jets 53 man roster. He was definitely on the practice squad though. That's a forgivable error, if it was one. The Cruz story was just bizarre.
    On the practice squad, yes. Story with Cruz is mixed up. There was some interest in Cruz from the NYJ, but it went nowhere. From that, Cruz was apparently on the Jets for some significant time, according to Buttle.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Buttle should be fired for that gaffe. It does not get any worse than that.
    Yeah, that's it.