Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: How does our punter still have a job?

  1. #1

    How does our punter still have a job?

    After seeing 2 more shanks tonight how does our punter still have a job? Conley must have some naked pictures of Tanny because he should have been cut this off season. Now after watching this debacle how does Tanny not cut him is beyond me. Poor punting combined with our 3 and out offense has us at 5-11 at seasons end. Maybe by then Tanny will get a new punter.

  2. #2
    WOW- naked pictures comment,
    about a guy who makes/made his living with his feet,
    on a rex ryan team.... ?

    Good point, I don't know how'll he'll (heel) keep his job

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    DUMP
    Why?

    Conley f*cking blows.

    For a team that wants to "ground and pound", control the clock and play the battle for field position...it's completely beyond me why we've neglected our piss poor punting situation.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Because Westfoff ran Weatherford out of town. Well, actually, across the stadium because he's been great with the Giants.

    The punting problems is 100% on the ST's coach IMO.

  6. #6
    Maybe Chuck Ramsey or Dave Jennings can make a comeback.

    Also, please no more "ground and pound " talk. What? We are going to "ground and pound" with Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell?....

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

    Conley f*cking blows.

    For a team that wants to "ground and pound", control the clock and play the battle for field position...it's completely beyond me why we've neglected our piss poor punting situation.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    After seeing 2 more shanks tonight how does our punter still have a job?
    I didn't see the game, but saw that he had to punt 9 times, so to answer your question, the reason why our punter has a job is because they need him to punt 9 times a game.

    Now, the Jets punter position would be desirable for other punters to have because he's going to need to punt the ball so many times, so it seems like there would be a lot of people filling out applications for the Jets punting job. But until then, the Jets have plenty enough work available to keep the current punter employed, lmfao

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

    Conley f*cking blows.

    For a team that wants to "ground and pound", control the clock and play the battle for field position...it's completely beyond me why we've neglected our piss poor punting situation.
    You obviously know nothing about punting. Last year Conley was one of the best in the league and it was his 1st year in. Neglected WFT? Yeah brilliant you troll.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    I didn't see the game, but saw that he had to punt 9 times, so to answer your question, the reason why our punter has a job is because they need him to punt 9 times a game.

    Now, the Jets punter position would be desirable for other punters to have because he's going to need to punt the ball so many times, so it seems like there would be a lot of people filling out applications for the Jets punting job. But until then, the Jets have plenty enough work available to keep the current punter employed, lmfao
    The current punter couldn't punt on my kid's high school team.5 shanked punts between this preseason and last year would be enough to cut him and not think twice about it.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You obviously know nothing about punting. Last year Conley was one of the best in the league and it was his 1st year in. Neglected WFT? Yeah brilliant you troll.
    LOL

    Sorry, I didn't realize kicking a ball was f*cking rocket science.

    One of the best in the league at what?

    He had a 42.7 yard average and a 38.8 yard net average.

    That's extremely mediocre.

    Compare that to the Andy Lee's, Britton Colquitt's and Shane Lechler's of the league.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    The current punter couldn't punt on my kid's high school team.5 shanked punts between this preseason and last year would be enough to cut him and not think twice about it.
    Alright, well whatever, if they do end up cutting him, they're going to have to go out and sign somebody else, because with how many times it looks like they're going to be punting the ball this year, you can't not have a punter on the roster, imo.

  12. #12
    Only Tannenbaum knows why he still has Conley and Hunter on the payroll, also why he feels that he doesn't need a TE that can actually block instead of throwing Cumberland out there as our #2 TE and seeing him embarrass himself trying to block.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You obviously know nothing about punting. Last year Conley was one of the best in the league and it was his 1st year in. Neglected WFT? Yeah brilliant you troll.
    You gotta be kidding me, Conley was brutal last year.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You obviously know nothing about punting. Last year Conley was one of the best in the league and it was his 1st year in. Neglected WFT? Yeah brilliant you troll.
    Conley was no where near the best punter in the league last year, as a matter of fact it would be kind to say he had an average year last season.

    I would be surprised if he is a our punter when the season starts.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Conley was no where near the best punter in the league last year, as a matter of fact it would be kind to say he had an average year last season.

    I would be surprised if he is a our punter when the season starts.
    HE SUCKS under pressure...... after his first shanked kick, knowing he needs a good one, well, a 2nd shank.

    THEN....when we need one out within 10, he punts through the end zone.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great state of TEXAS
    Posts
    182
    The RrrrrrRaiders have a punter competition going on over there, we could possibly look at... But honestly, Conley just had a rough night, he gets a pass from me, because we've definitely seen him contribute to some nice punts... He had one last night where we pinned them on like the 1yd line... Conley is the least of our concerns IMO, but it doesn't hurt to keep our eyes open...

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, Conley was brutal last year.
    Conley graded out in the middle to bottom half of the punters last year.
    I would have to think that Westhoff is rethinking his commitment to Conley.
    Like HoustonJet said, the Raiders have a good kid that will be cut and who knows what is up with other punter competitions around the league.


    That was just one game last night, the Kid had a bad night but if someone better appears at the roster cuts they would have to consider them.


    I would like to see some emphasis on directional punting as well as hang time.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Because Westfoff ran Weatherford out of town. Well, actually, across the stadium because he's been great with the Giants.

    The punting problems is 100% on the ST's coach IMO.
    Spot on!

    Sadly the HC does not have time for silly things like special teams or the offense.

  19. #19
    It's because Rex and Tanny are too soft to cut anyone. Rex talks a big game and he's too scared to have to admit he's wrong and to cut someone who has been playing a "key role" to their face. It's the only explanation for Hunter and Conley still being on the team, for Shotty being the OC all those years and for Drew Coleman being on the team all those years.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's because Rex and Tanny are too soft to cut anyone. Rex talks a big game and he's too scared to have to admit he's wrong and to cut someone who has been playing a "key role" to their face. It's the only explanation for Hunter and Conley still being on the team, for Shotty being the OC all those years and for Drew Coleman being on the team all those years.
    Add John Conner to the list. You know, Rex Ryan's PERSONAL pick........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us