Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez plays Scared

Sanchez plays Scared

Ive been trying to find a silver lining in Sanchez, and I have defended him for a long time, since he hasn’t had a full offseason due to injury and lockout, but im at my ropes end now… he just dosent have “IT” he cant feel pressure, he pats the ball all the time, and he cant get the ball out…

I hope management will play McElroy more soon,, and maybe go with a 2 qb system with McElroy/Tbow

The one thing I think we can all see is that Tbow has the fire in his eyes and Mark dosent… Tbow isnt the greatest alternative, but at least hes not afraid of everything going on around him, and thats good to see...

I think its safe to say, #6 isnt taking us to a superbowl… he just has that deer in the headlights look to him… I really think this guy is done...

+1

It's because this organization was babying him through his development process. I think he is afraid to take shots down the field because he is so afraid to make a mistake.

Now that Schotty is gone, we know where the problem has been. I will give him the more time (we have no choice), but if he doesn't start making plays .. we need to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez has been ruined by the 'coaching'.

Jets Insider VIP

Hunter is a rickety clumsy giant...Sanchez could get injured back there with Hunter in the game.. FEAR

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    Ive been trying to find a silver lining in Sanchez, and I have defended him for a long time, since he hasn’t had a full offseason due to injury and lockout, but im at my ropes end now… he just dosent have “IT” he cant feel pressure, he pats the ball all the time, and he cant get the ball out…

I hope management will play McElroy more soon,, and maybe go with a 2 qb system with McElroy/Tbow

The one thing I think we can all see is that Tbow has the fire in his eyes and Mark dosent… Tbow isnt the greatest alternative, but at least hes not afraid of everything going on around him, and thats good to see...

I think its safe to say, #6 isnt taking us to a superbowl… he just has that deer in the headlights look to him… I really think this guy is done...
    you're starting to see what I've been telling folks here at JI huh!

Jets Insider VIP
    He's timid, he's scared, and he still has the look of a rookie QB, not a 4 year vet.

Is the OL a strong point of this team? Hell no.

But look at a guy like Jay Cutler. He's been playing behind the worst OL in the league since the moment he stepped foot in Chicago and prior to this year, he had to rely on the likes of Devin Hester and Earl Bennett as his Top 2 receivers.

Yet you still have never seen Cutler get rattled or go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms length of him.

Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

If people want to keep deluding themselves into thinking that Sanchez is going to magically transform into an efficient, Top 10 QB...then so be it.

I'm done with it. I've already come to grips with the fact that our franchise QB isn't on the roster yet. Hopefully he will be sooner rather than later.

Hunter sucks, and we have to hold tanny responsible for not getting a replacement for Hunter, but, Mark has to get th ball out of his hands a lot faster, it's year #4 and I know the online isn't playing as well as it did 3 years ago, but you have to Throw The Ball out of bounds at least, and not take so man sacks.... I think I'm losing my mind watching this guy qb for the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He's timid, he's scared, and he still has the look of a rookie QB, not a 4 year vet.

Is the OL a strong point of this team? Hell no.

But look at a guy like Jay Cutler. He's been playing behind the worst OL in the league since the moment he stepped foot in Chicago and prior to this year, he had to rely on the likes of Devin Hester and Earl Bennett as his Top 2 receivers.

Yet you still have never seen Cutler get rattled or go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms length of him.

Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

If people want to keep deluding themselves into thinking that Sanchez is going to magically transform into an efficient, Top 10 QB...then so be it.

I'm done with it. I've already come to grips with the fact that our franchise QB isn't on the roster yet. Hopefully he will be sooner rather than later.
    You need to watch more Bears games. They routinely struggle to score 20 points because of that terrible offensive line, despite the fact that they have Jay Cutler at QB and Matt Forte at RB. It also doesn't help that Cutler hasn't had much to work with.

Then there's the fact that Rex would never stand for Cutler's brand of QB play. He makes plays, but turns the ball over too much for Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Then there's the fact that Rex would never stand for Cutler's brand of QB play. He makes plays, but turns the ball over too much for Rex.
    Then Rex should be completely livid with Sanchez.

You know, the guy who doesn't make plays and turns the ball over as much as anyone in the league.

Veteran
    I'm getting worried and I'm the biggest Sanchez supporter.
    He just falls down when under pressure.
    The guy's athletic, he could've scrambled for a ton of yards tonight, but instead he curls up and takes it in the pooper.
    Deep down he might just be a freaking puss.

The part that really pisses me off is that he refuses to even look at 84.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This thread is a role call of the clueless.

Sanchez in no way looked scared tonight, where do you people come up with this stuff?

Run out of sh1t to rant about incessantly so just look for cliches? Heard the complaints about Kolb so decided to use it here?

Ridiculous.

No doubt Sanchez is playing scared behind this sorry ass line but he was much better his first two years in the pocket when we had a good line. This whole line needs to be held accountable, not just Sanchez and Hunter. Hunter will get Sanchez hurt at some point unfortunately. It's just a matter of time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This thread is a role call of the clueless.

Sanchez in no way looked scared tonight, where do you people come up with this stuff?

Run out of sh1t to rant about incessantly so just look for cliches? Heard the complaints about Kolb so decided to use it here?

Ridiculous.
    We get it.

You're in the sg3/DWC camp where anyone who has anything negative to say about Sanchez or the team is "clueless" or a "same old Jets fan".

All Pro
    tebow time

Hunter is a rickety clumsy giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We get it.

You're in the sg3/DWC camp where anyone who has anything negative to say about Sanchez or the team is "clueless" or a "same old Jets fan".

or a teboner ball licker, that polishes tebows nutsack, bla bla bla

Every QB on the JETS that played tonight sucked for the most part, if the coaching staff is able to assemble a team out of what played the last two pre season games, it will be a feat unto itself.
    Last edited by Ryan's Revenge; 08-19-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is what he is. A game manager. He might make a decent play every now and then, but that won't be until he turns the ball over a few times. He needs a lot of support and he is the product of the talent around him. So either give him some help or get rid of him. He is not going to win for us with the way our HC and FO (b.c of the HC) treats offense.

In terms of being scared. I don't know. I would be flinching too if I was getting pounded every play. Maybe there was some permanent damage last season that was done to his psyche.

If you came up to the line every play and saw Hunter to your right and Slauson to your left, and no blocking tight ends on the roster, you might look a bit unsettled too.

Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post

Fire in the eyes wins championships! LOL. If you were constantly battered, you too would develop a Pavlovian response.