Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez plays Scared

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    OMG, SMC ... if that isn't the cat who eat the canary right there ...

"I am getting paid $2,000,000 this season, deal with it bitc*hez"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Fire in the eyes wins championships! LOL. If you were constantly battered, you too would develop a Pavlovian response.
    Got to agree, even Tom Brady looked scared when he gets sacked a few times in a game. Shaun Ellis 2010 beating down on Brady, it happens to the best.

Sanchez is no wonder boy but no one is behind that oline.
    He does need to throw the ball away more often (with a sucky oline) instead of holding it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sanchez has been ruined by the 'coaching'.
    another novel excuse for Sanchez! Way to go!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He's timid, he's scared, and he still has the look of a rookie QB, not a 4 year vet.

Is the OL a strong point of this team? Hell no.

But look at a guy like Jay Cutler. He's been playing behind the worst OL in the league since the moment he stepped foot in Chicago and prior to this year, he had to rely on the likes of Devin Hester and Earl Bennett as his Top 2 receivers.

Yet you still have never seen Cutler get rattled or go into the fetal position everytime a defender comes within arms length of him.

Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

If people want to keep deluding themselves into thinking that Sanchez is going to magically transform into an efficient, Top 10 QB...then so be it.

I'm done with it. I've already come to grips with the fact that our franchise QB isn't on the roster yet. Hopefully he will be sooner rather than later.
    All great points and the truth! I am sick of Sanchez' fans making excuse after excuse for his ineptness. I have never been a fan of Cutler and Tinstar and I had many discussion pro and con about him but he looks like a QB capable of elevating the play of those surrounding him. Sanchez has trouble elevating his own play let alone those surrounding him!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    OMG, SMC ... if that isn't the cat who eat the canary right there ...

"I am getting paid $2,000,000 this season, deal with it bitc*hez"
    Guaranteed money, GG. All of it. Amazing.

he was in the ground early last night. it was a pre season game. do you really want your qb taking hits?

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I have to admit ... While I don't like kicking a guy while he's down .... I did LOL!

^ Hunter looks a little like Ming The Merciless from that Flash Gordon movie.

Who wouldn't be scared with Wayne Hunter "protecting" them..

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This thread is a role call of the clueless.

Sanchez in no way looked scared tonight, where do you people come up with this stuff?

Run out of sh1t to rant about incessantly so just look for cliches? Heard the complaints about Kolb so decided to use it here?

Ridiculous.
    Wow if that was Sanchez playin not scared, he produced a pick 6. Imagine when he gets sacked a half a dozen times a game.

Sanchez's read progression
    "left tackle, right tackle, then bum WRs..."

Veteran
    i found it funny how last night, after Hunter got beat for the 4th time and let Sanchez get pounded, that the fans we're chanting for Tebow. Let's face it, no matter what QB you have back there, if you're getting pressured when you hit the 3rd step of that 3 step drop, you aren't going to be successful.

Tebow isn't going to win games. He can't throw the ball. You saw it last night when he severely underthrew a wide open reciever in the endzone. Given time, Sanchez can throw the ball. I'm not saying give him 15 seconds, but 4-5 is something he can make throws with.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Wow if that was Sanchez playin not scared, he produced a pick 6. Imagine when he gets sacked a half a dozen times a game.
    how is throwing an interception the product of "playing scared'? he threw a bad pass. why wasn't tebow thrown into the fire when he threw an even worse interception to a third string linebacker last week?