Thread: Breaking News: Hunter Ain't Gonna Get Better

Breaking News: Hunter Ain't Gonna Get Better

It sort of baffles me that I hear Rex Ryan saying - and even Hunter himself -- that he has to work on technique and this will all go away.

No it won't!

(although i do give Hunter credit for taking it like a man and speaking to to the press after the game)

There are some things that are teachable but each of us has a God-given level of athletic ability and after years of training and technique, we plateau. It's as unlikely that Wayne Hunter will somehow magically morph into Jonathan Ogden as that Tim Tebow's release will one day rival Joe Willie's.

Ain't happening, folks!

So...

Unless we want to be lulled to sleep sixteen times this season by an offense incapable of even stumbling onto a first down now and then, Tanny has to do something about right tackle. Is Otah truly unsalavagable? Is Marcus McNeill still available? Who else is out there that can play a decent right tackle?

Yes, the pickings are slim, but this is critical to our season and we can't allow this weak link to bring us down.

Oh yeah. And also...someone's got to teach Sanchez not to hold the ball as long. The difference between him and Eli was quite illuminating.
    Last edited by RChiocchi; 08-19-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: headline got snipped

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    It sort of baffles me that I hear Rex Ryan saying - and even Hunter himself -- that he has to work on technique and this will all go away.

No it won't!

(although i do give Hunter credit for taking it like a man and speaking to to the press after the game)

There are some things that are teachable but each of us has a God-given level of athletic ability and after years of training and technique, we plateau. It's as unlikely that Wayne Hunter will somehow magically morph into Jonathan Ogden as that Tim Tebow's release will one day rival Joe Willie's.

Ain't happening, folks!

So...

Unless we want to be lulled to sleep sixteen times this season by an offense incapable of even stumbling onto a first down now and then, Tanny has to do something about right tackle. Is Otah truly unsalavagable? Is Marcus McNeill still available? Who else is out there that can play a decent right tackle?

Yes, the pickings are slim, but this is critical to our season and we can't allow this weak link to bring us down.

Oh yeah. And also...someone's got to teach Sanchez not to hold the ball as long. The difference between him and Eli was quite illuminating.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246457