Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aside from that one throw Sanchez looked excellent

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You're kidding me! His OL blew tonight, so did the receivers. Throw in running backs and special teams, too. Sanchez isn't even in the top 10 of what's wrong with this team as of today.
    Yup, even despite getting pressure half the time from Hunter's man when he went back to pass, he could've maintained some drives if our great Ground and Pound team could've converted some third and 1s and fourth and 1.

There was one sack that occurred because Mark basically stepped into Hunter but other than that I can't really blame the guy. We should all petition Tanny to cut Hunter.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Yup, even despite getting pressure half the time from Hunter's man when he went back to pass, he could've maintained some drives if our great Ground and Pound team could've converted some third and 1s and fourth and 1.

There was one sack that occurred because Mark basically stepped into Hunter but other than that I can't really blame the guy. We should all petition Tanny to cut Hunter.
    Hunter's salary is guaranteed , he will not be cut unless he commits a felony. Getting Sanchez killed via a collapsed pocket, as wrong as it is, is only a misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    I guess it's just me but the placement of his ball, his reads and finding the open man were good. He was completing just about every ball. With all of the problems with this team Sanchez isn't even top 3. If you fix Wayne hunter and our injured players you will see the real Sanchez. It's mind boggling that half of our fanbase wants his head. At this point if it came down to it the GM and HC should go before Sanchez.
    But you don't understand. It's always, "Besides that ONE throw". The ONE throw is the one that decides the game. EVERY throw is important, especially ones that result in interceptions.

If Sanchez had been 1 of 20 for 10 yards and ZERO interceptions? It would have been a thousand times better than 9/11 for 59 and 1 INT for a pick 6. Turnovers is what kills every team and the Jets are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But you don't understand. It's always, "Besides that ONE throw". The ONE throw is the one that decides the game. EVERY throw is important, especially ones that result in interceptions.

If Sanchez had been 1 of 20 for 10 yards and ZERO interceptions? It would have been a thousand times better than 9/11 for 59 and 1 INT for a pick 6. Turnovers is what kills every team and the Jets are no different.
    the problem isn't the pick. it's that they don't take any chances to score. if you never take your shots, you don't score tds and the turnovers decide the game. since sanchez will always turn the ball over, as long as he's the qb, you've got to let him take enough shots b/c he has proven he can score. 32 tds last year, and that's with hunter and w/o braylon. he's never going to be a guy who throws 10 ints in a season with 2 fumbles.

Jets Insider VIP

Great point! The more I think about it the more I agree with it. All we ever read here are Sanchez' fans making excuses for him. They blame everyone else and while its poplular in the political world to do so, QBs are paid to win! You can not win if you do not score points for YOUR team! Giving the OPPONENT 6 points is a disaster and no amount of excuses makes it any better!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Great point! The more I think about it the more I agree with it. All we ever read here are Sanchez' fans making excuses for him. They blame everyone else and while its poplular in the political world to do so, QBs are paid to win! You can not win if you do not score points for YOUR team! Giving the OPPONENT 6 points is a disaster and no amount of excuses makes it any better!
    if sanchez didn't throw the pick, they would have lost 19-3. that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Hunter's salary is guaranteed , he will not be cut unless he commits a felony. Getting Sanchez killed via a collapsed pocket, as wrong as it is, is only a misdemeanor.
    Well, heck. Let's plant some incriminating evidence in his possession then. Isn't there a moral out-clause of some sort in all these contracts.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I guess it's just me but the placement of his ball, his reads and finding the open man were good. He was completing just about every ball. With all of the problems with this team Sanchez isn't even top 3. If you fix Wayne hunter and our injured players you will see the real Sanchez. It's mind boggling that half of our fanbase wants his head. At this point if it came down to it the GM and HC should go before Sanchez.
    He could have gotten rid of the ball sooner on a sack, but given the circumstances going against the best front 4 in the league not bad for him.

No. of passes over 15 yards .... zero

Third down ... Nine yards to go .... I guess I'll check it down to the back thats sitting 6 yards short of turndown marker. No situational awareness.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-19-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the problem isn't the pick. it's that they don't take any chances to score. if you never take your shots, you don't score tds and the turnovers decide the game. since sanchez will always turn the ball over, as long as he's the qb, you've got to let him take enough shots b/c he has proven he can score. 32 tds last year, and that's with hunter and w/o braylon. he's never going to be a guy who throws 10 ints in a season with 2 fumbles.
    Well, I very much agree with taking your shots. What annoys me right now the most besides the interception is the Chad Pennington special "dink and dunk" approach on offense that Tont Sparano is taking.

Did we draft Mark Sanchez to be Chad Pennington? Or were we planning on getting a real live franchise QB that can make all of the throws?

So although it's agreed on the approach on offense, the fact still remains that the interception is killer. And every throw is just as important as the next. Moreover, any time the phrase, "Besides that one throw" is used? That is classic IGNORING the facts and not being objective in any way, shape, or form.

Well, I very much agree with taking your shots. What annoys me right now the most besides the interception is the Chad Pennington special "dink and dunk" approach on offense that Tont Sparano is taking.

Did we draft Mark Sanchez to be Chad Pennington? Or were we planning on getting a real live franchise QB that can make all of the throws?

So although it's agreed on the approach on offense, the fact still remains that the interception is killer. And every throw is just as important as the next. Moreover, any time the phrase, "Besides that one throw" is used? That is classic IGNORING the facts and not being objective in any way, shape, or form.
    with sanchez the 'besides one throw' is sadly relevant b/c he typically has many 'besides' throws. i don't think this team can be successful with sanchez as qb if they have him in a dink/dunk, and truth, he may not be the guy period. but definitely not in the dink/dunk. he's never going to protect the ball, so he may as well try to score b/c he's going to turn it over the same amount.

if sanchez didn't throw the pick, they would have lost 19-3. that's the problem.
    But at least he wouldn't have been responsible for awarding the other team points. You do understand that if Sanchez doesn't throw that pick, the defense would have at least had an opportunity not to allow the Giants to score, right?

Throwing picks is essentially giving away points. I mean how many times have you seen teams that have an absolutely fabulous outing offensively? They look like juggernauts putting up massive yardage numbers and yet still lose because they had 4 turnovers? I've seen it more times than I can count.

And the whole idea of saying anything like, "BESIDES that ONE throw" is merely covering up the facts.

with sanchez the 'besides one throw' is sadly relevant b/c he typically has many 'besides' throws. i don't think this team can be successful with sanchez as qb if they have him in a dink/dunk, and truth, he may not be the guy period. but definitely not in the dink/dunk. he's never going to protect the ball, so he may as well try to score b/c he's going to turn it over the same amount.
    Well, if that's your stance then you should be all about getting rid of Sanchez and moving on. Turnovers kill and no amount of reasoning when it comes to the offense or philosophy will ever change that. If we start going into a high risk/high reward style of offense we'll see our season be over much faster than playing dink/dunk. Because as you said, Sanchez typically has MANY "Besides" throws.

But at least he wouldn't have been responsible for awarding the other team points. You do understand that if Sanchez doesn't throw that pick, the defense would have at least had an opportunity not to allow the Giants to score, right?

Throwing picks is essentially giving away points. I mean how many times have you seen teams that have an absolutely fabulous outing offensively? They look like juggernauts putting up massive yardage numbers and yet still lose because they had 4 turnovers? I've seen it more times than I can count.

And the whole idea of saying anything like, "BESIDES that ONE throw" is merely covering up the facts.
    i stand by the 19-3 quote. the jets defense is going to give up points, even if it's fgs a lot of the time. i'd rather have an offense that can score but gives the ball away some, than an offense that can't score and hopes the defense can pitch shutouts every week. the jets can't win if they can't score, and if sanchez throws a pick 6 in a game where the team scores 3 points and gives up 19 on defense/specials, focusing on the pick 6 isn't why they lost.

the jets lost b/c they can't score touchdowns. repeat after me. the jets lost the past 2 weeks because they can't score touchdowns. it's not b/c of interceptions. it's b/c they can't score points. this is not a defense of sanchez, b/c he's part of the problem. but that int last night just made the score more lobsided.

the jets have scored 3 fgs in 2 games. that's why they're losing and look like crap.

Aside from the iceberg..The Titanic was wonderful.

i stand by the 19-3 quote. the jets defense is going to give up points, even if it's fgs a lot of the time. i'd rather have an offense that can score but gives the ball away some, than an offense that can't score and hopes the defense can pitch shutouts every week. the jets can't win if they can't score, and if sanchez throws a pick 6 in a game where the team scores 3 points and gives up 19 on defense/specials, focusing on the pick 6 isn't why they lost.

the jets lost b/c they can't score touchdowns. repeat after me. the jets lost the past 2 weeks because they can't score touchdowns. it's not b/c of interceptions. it's b/c they can't score points. this is not a defense of sanchez, b/c he's part of the problem. but that int last night just made the score more lobsided.

the jets have scored 3 fgs in 2 games. that's why they're losing and look like crap.
    It's a combination of both and to say it has nothing to do with interceptions is ridiculous. as I've already said, interceptions kill. Period.

Why do you think EVERY HC in the league puts such an amphasis on limiting turnovers?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Very well put...

Well, if that's your stance then you should be all about getting rid of Sanchez and moving on. Turnovers kill and no amount of reasoning when it comes to the offense or philosophy will ever change that. If we start going into a high risk/high reward style of offense we'll see our season be over much faster than playing dink/dunk. Because as you said, Sanchez typically has MANY "Besides" throws.
    Really, because Favre is going to that HOF on risk/reward. Hopefully we are not showing our cards, but the Jets offense needs to be a vertical one. You also don't get pick 6s on post patterns, deep crossing patterns, seam routes so the risk is much lower. You do get them on shallow crossing and 10 yd outs because it is so close to the line of scrimmage. Rex needs to take his attitude on to d to the offense. If not, this team will always be crappy on O and the D will always have an excuse.

Why do you think EVERY HC in the league puts such an amphasis on limiting turnovers?
    in close games, turnovers usually decide the outcome. in games where one team scores 3 points and the other scores 20 with no turnovers, and then the team with 3 points gives the ball away and the final score is 27-3, turnovers have not decided the outcome of the game. they've made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Aside from the crash, the plane ride was great.