Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aside from that one throw Sanchez looked excellent

All Pro
    I am a Jets Fan......

Sanchez's INT was Horrific!!! He has to see that defender, PERIOD!!!

With that said some of you are have to be kidding with your reponses

Question: Name one GREAT QB in NFL history that has "elevated" the players around him when he has a) No running game, b) WRs that can't get seperation from the defense and c) a sive for an OL to win a SB?

ANSWER = NO ONE!!!!

This isn't FF!!!!

Good Grief!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am a Jets Fan......

Question: Name one GREAT QB in NFL history that has "elevated" the players around him when he has a) No running game, b) WRs that can't get seperation from the defense and c) a sive for an OL to win a SB?

ANSWER = NO ONE!!!!

This isn't FF!!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    /thread

All Pro
    Another problem with the 'Dink and Dunk' ....

You need an extremely accurate passer for it to work. I mean Pennington accurate. The reason being because it takes 10 passes to get downfield. A more aggressive offense requires fewer , albeit longer , throws to get downfield. As few as 2 or 3. Your completion percentage will need to stay high, but you are taking fewer chances because each chance is more yardage.

For ground and pound , I'd prefer a much longer passing attack in terms of yardage per attempt.

Run, run, run, run, 35 yard pass, run, 20 yard pass etc...

Instead of

Run, run, 2 yard pass, run, 4 yard pass, run, 3 yard pass ...

I am a Jets Fan......

ANSWER = NO ONE!!!!

This isn't FF!!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    CB, you are right on the money once again.

Sanchez (presently) runs for his life, has no running game or Wrs, but should somehow be as successful.

Blame this on the organizations lack of support for a young QB.........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    in close games, turnovers usually decide the outcome. in games where one team scores 3 points and the other scores 20 with no turnovers, and then the team with 3 points gives the ball away and the final score is 27-3, turnovers have not decided the outcome of the game. they've made it worse.
    The NFL is a game of inches and every NFL game in such a competitive league is bound to be close.

5 of the Jets games last season were decided by 6 points or less. So if Sanchez throws pick 6's in those games, does it make a difference? Does it also essentially DECIDE our entire season?

The point is, taking the emphasis off limiting turnovers is merely covering up the facts. Maximize your chances and take your shots down the field, YES. But NEVER throw caution to the wind. ALWAYS give your defense an opportunity to defend the lead and NEVER give away free points to the opponent.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The NFL is a game of inches and every NFL game in such a competitive league is bound to be close.

5 of the Jets games last season were decided by 6 points or less. So if Sanchez throws pick 6's in those games, does it make a difference? Does it also essentially DECIDE our entire season?

The point is, taking the emphasis off limiting turnovers is merely covering up the facts. Maximize your chances and take your shots down the field, YES. But NEVER throw caution to the wind. ALWAYS give your defense an opportunity to defend the lead and NEVER give away free points to the opponent.
    if the jets don't take chances and can't score it won't matter if sanchez throws a pick 6. the jets have to be able to score tds. turnovers stink but if you're losing by a lot and the team can't score, then why are you watching anyway?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Try winning a Super Bowl with only short passes! It won't happen. Teams do not fear Sanchez beating them deep! They stop our run and wait for the short pass and then jump the route. But it is early and hopefully we will get a competant RT. Then we will find a new excuse for Sanchez if he retains the status quo.
    this was the systemic failure to our offense last year.

no deep threat/no time to throw deep = an offense that can't stretch the field.

makes it very easy for the defense to load up the line of scrimmage, limit our running game and jump on the short passes.

any QB will have a tough time under those circumstances, particularly a mistake-prone guy like Sanchez. last night was the perfect example of that, he took what the defense gave him and was playing an efficient (if not effective) game and one bad throw turns into 6 points the other way.

if we don't find a way to stretch the field our offense will struggle all season long.

Hall Of Fame
    if the jets don't take chances and can't score it won't matter if sanchez throws a pick 6. the jets have to be able to score tds. turnovers stink but if you're losing by a lot and the team can't score, then why are you watching anyway?
    Are you reading what I'm posting? Once again, I didn't say not to take your chances. Takes your chances, yes. But do not ever do it without even a semblance of responsibility behind it. It's called calculated risk.

And once again intimating that interceptions have nothing to do with the outcomes of games is simply ridiculous. It decdies the vast majority of NFL games.

Hall Of Fame
    Are you reading what I'm posting? Once again, I didn't say not to take your chances. Takes your chances, yes. But do not ever do it without even a semblance of responsibility behind it. It's called calculated risk.

And once again intimating that interceptions have nothing to do with the outcomes of games is simply ridiculous. It decdies the vast majority of NFL games.
    all i'm saying is that it didn't decide last night's game. NE is going to beat the jets 40-6 if they play like that. who cares if sanchez throws a pick 6 in that game. they'd lose 34-6 anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    all i'm saying is that it didn't decide last night's game. NE is going to beat the jets 40-6 if they play like that. who cares if sanchez throws a pick 6 in that game. they'd lose 34-6 anyway.
    Oh, OK yes. It didn't decide last nights game specifically. Just about ALL other games in such a competitive league with close scores, limiting turnovers is PARAMOUNT. And to say, "Besides that ONE play" is simply being a homer and ignoring the facts.

Mark Sanchez was most successful when the JETS actually surrounded him with talent. Woody, Fanaca, TRich, Braylon, Thomas Jones, all gone, all replaced with less talent

WHY HAVEN'T THE JETS CONTINUED TO SURROUND MARK SANCHEZ WITH TALENT ON OFFENSE????????

Maybe the "Head Coach" doesn't believe he will look like the great defensive mind that he is without ALL the talent being on DEFENSE?????

Hall Of Fame
    Oh, OK yes. It didn't decide last nights game specifically. Just about ALL other games in such a competitive league with close scores, limiting turnovers is PARAMOUNT. And to say, "Besides that ONE play" is simply being a homer and ignoring the facts.
    true. all i'm saying is that if the jets offense is as lame as it was last night then the turnovers will be secondary to the lameness. but it would result in a new FO and qb next year

All League
    John Conner looks bad as well. No wonder they are trying to turn Bellore into a FB

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    John Conner looks bad as well. No wonder they are trying to turn Bellore into a FB
    But this was Rex Ryan's PERSONAL pick! Rex said that Conner would be great! How could this be?............

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Mark Sanchez was most successful when the JETS actually surrounded him with talent. Woody, Fanaca, TRich, Braylon, Thomas Jones, all gone, all replaced with less talent

WHY HAVEN'T THE JETS CONTINUED TO SURROUND MARK SANCHEZ WITH TALENT ON OFFENSE????????

Maybe the "Head Coach" doesn't believe he will look like the great defensive mind that he is without ALL the talent being on DEFENSE?????
    rex went for personal achievement over team success. he thought if he were the HC and had the top defensive unit he'd be above reproach. last year was the first time that his reputation as a defensive guru took a backseat to managing the locker room and offensive success.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

I don't believe Rex deserves all of the blame here. In fact, Tanny probably deserves the majority of the blame. The GM is the guy who gives the HC players to coach.

So maybe a Rex a little for believing guys like John Conner could step up and become every bit as good as TRich is a little irresponsible, but what about Tanny cutting Faneca? What about Tanny replacing Woody with Hunter?

Hall Of Fame
    I am a Jets Fan......

ANSWER = NO ONE!!!!

This isn't FF!!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    Tom brady has had years where he had no WR's at all and still was great. The pats have never had a real running game.

Jay cutler has had the worst oline in the league for a number of years and still plays well.

Peyton manning is out from indy and a team that was always 10-13 wins is one of the worst teams in the league and manning had shi* olines his last few years.

If you are saying our Qb only has a chance at all if we have a top 5 D, oline and running game like he did the 1st two years then he wasn't worth drafting at 5 overall.

It wasn't sanchezs fault for not seeing the db on that play it was his fault for throwing an awful awful pass behind the wr.

For all the excuses people make about our Qb when you examine the big gaffs, they are almost all on him.

Sorry anyone that expects their QB to play well only if all other parts of the team are strong are totally delusional because you find those type of teams oh once in a decade.

He was efficient, but all his passes were short chunk yards. I want to see the offense when he is throwing more than 10 yard routes.

Sanchez isn't any good. Is this really new news to everybody? Schotty was blamed unfairly but the reality is that our defense and running game has covered up for Sanchez. Not to mention that he's coddled by our HC like he has a crush on him and you have an underperforming lazy QB. I'm done with this dude. Rex is too proud to admit he was wrong and Tanny knows football as much as Ray Ray. To top it all off, Woody doesn't really care since we still create headlines with all the other BS that goes on with the team. SOFJ! I don't know if I should do this to my son and raise him a Jets fan.

All League
    I am a Jets Fan......

ANSWER = NO ONE!!!!

This isn't FF!!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    Good post CB. This post is based on reality, an island not visited by some here.