Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aside from that one throw Sanchez looked excellent

Aside from that one throw Sanchez looked excellent

I guess it's just me but the placement of his ball, his reads and finding the open man were good. He was completing just about every ball. With all of the problems with this team Sanchez isn't even top 3. If you fix Wayne hunter and our injured players you will see the real Sanchez. It's mind boggling that half of our fanbase wants his head. At this point if it came down to it the GM and HC should go before Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez looked "excellent"?

Are Jets fans expectations for QB play really that low?

How many of Sanchez's completions were little 3-4 yard checkdowns?

He completed 9 passes for a total of 59 yards.

Wow, if that isn't the definiton of excellent QB play, then I don't know what is.

6 is the Best!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Excellent is a bad word to use for this game but he did exactly what the team wanted him to do... besides the one throw. He was playing perfectly until that point. But the thing is, that one throw was a killer and isn't acceptable. Our offense isn't good enough to give team's 7 points.

He was accurate while playing like a ***** because our offense asked him to play like a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sanchez looked "excellent"?

Are Jets fans expectations for QB play really that low?

How many of Sanchez's completions were little 3-4 yard checkdowns?

He completed 9 passes for a total of 59 yards.

Wow, if that isn't the definiton of excellent QB play, then I don't know what is.
    Pretty much the perfect response. No rebuttal needed. Oh that 1 throw costs 7 points.

His % aside he was pretty bad here. He really can't blame his WRs or OL IMO. But Tebow was worse so he still feels safe and wont try any harder. next week I'd so like to see Rex say Tebow will start game 3 just to see if that lights a fire under his butt. Fact is Sanchez NEED to think this is a competition even if it is not. I don't care what the media says competition is good some times. Brees became good in SD just to spite that franchise. Sometimes a good QB just needs to be kicked in the pants. If Tebow ends up pulling a Vick so be it.

" The one throw" That's been the problem buddy, can't give mulligans on game day

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    His % aside he was pretty bad here. He really can't blame his WRs or OL IMO. But Tebow was worse so he still feels safe and wont try any harder. next week I'd so like to see Rex say Tebow will start game 3 just to see if that lights a fire under his butt. Fact is Sanchez NEED to think this is a competition even if it is not. I don't care what the media says competition is good some times. Brees became good in SD just to spite that franchise. Sometimes a good QB just needs to be kicked in the pants. If Tebow ends up pulling a Vick so be it.
    You're kidding me! His OL blew tonight, so did the receivers. Throw in running backs and special teams, too. Sanchez isn't even in the top 10 of what's wrong with this team as of today.

Guys, preseason. Preseason. Preseason. Shaddup!

Sanchez wasn't the problem with the offense not being able to score. Jason posted last year that we were one of the best teams at running the ball on 2nd and 3rd & short. That certainly wasn't the case tonight. We weren't able to get those 2 yards on the ground to move the chains and keep the drive alive.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You're kidding me! His OL blew tonight, so did the receivers. Throw in running backs and special teams, too. Sanchez isn't even in the top 10 of what's wrong with this team as of today.
    Continue to make all the excuses you want. You know that is not true. Fact is he just wasn't trying out there tonight. He is the biggest question mark on the O.

Continue to make all the excuses you want. You know that is not true. Fact is he just wasn't trying out there tonight. He is the biggest question mark on the O.
    LOL. Some people are hilarious.

I realize the pick 6 was an atrocious decision, but you guys do realize his top 2 receivers tonight were a rookie in his second preseason game and Patrick Turner?

As easy as it is to rip Holmes nowadays, he certainly brings more to the table than what Sanchez worked with tonight. He was checking down constantly because, not sure if anyone has figured this out by now, Patrick Turned isn't a starting caliber WR who consistently gets open.

That being said, I have no idea what was going through Sanchez' head on the pick 6. I'd like to think, seeing as it was a preseason game and in his last few minutes before he was getting removed from the game, he wanted to try and force one to generate something since nobody was open, anywhere, on nearly every play. Regardless, it is what it is: a terrible decision you cringe at.

Guess we have to get used to it though. Hate on Sanchez all you want but the front office has given the guy no receivers or running game to work with. Wayne hunter giving up 4 sacks also doesn't help. But it's what we have and it's what we seem to have to live with all year. This year is a far cry from having Holmes, Braylon, and Cotchery as our top 3 WRs, a resurgent (for most of 2010) Tomlinson, and anybody not named Wayne Hunter at right tackle. That part of it is not on Sanchez. But let's blame him for not turning Patrick Turner into Calvin Johnson tonight.

Terrible protection from the O-line

No running game

No receivers

The INT was terrible, I don't see anyone disputing that. But Sanchez is not primarily responsible for the rest of the offense's struggles. We had a bunch of nothing out there at the skill positions today.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you think that his line wasn't a problem or that his WR's were fine you really are a dreamer.

That is pretty much the equivalent of saying you can't blame Revis for opposing QBs not being able to throw to their #1 WR against the Jets.

Veteran
    I love that the insanity here has now morphed into Sanchez not trying. Lol, it is so f'ing amazing

All Pro
    Meh I'm big Sanchez supporter he looked far from excellent . The kid is not throwing to his receivers for what ever reason. .

The Oline is horrible but the few times they did give time to throw it was a freaking check down ..

0 TD score in the 1st 2 preseason games where in for some serious trouble this season. at some point Sanchez is gonna have to realize its not gonna be perfect and he has to make plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Scoop24; 08-19-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Sanchez is missing 3 of his top 4 WRs right now. I know Kerley & Schilens are nothing special but they are guys Sanchez has worked with all off-season. And I hate making excuses for the guy b/c I don't think he's ever going to be a top 15 QB anyway, but gotta be fair.

I wouldn't say Sanchez looked excellent in this game...all of his passes were basically dump offs. The INT was brutal though. He still cannot throw those timing out patterns, which is a big reason he will never be a top QB.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Sanchez is missing 3 of his top 4 WRs right now. I know Kerley & Schilens are nothing special but they are guys Sanchez has worked with all off-season. And I hate making excuses for the guy b/c I don't think he's ever going to be a top 15 QB anyway, but gotta be fair.

I wouldn't say Sanchez looked excellent in this game...all of his passes were basically dump offs. The INT was brutal though. He still cannot throw those timing out patterns, which is a big reason he will never be a top QB.
    It was a crossing route, not an out. Turner lined up tight on the left hand side and ran a shallow cross (with Keller setting a pick). Sanchez was late on the throw and threw behind Turner, resulting in the INT.

Sanchez best throw of the night actually came on a 12 yard out to Turner on the right sideline, though you're correct that the out is the pattern that he's had the most difficult time hitting on thus far in his career.