Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aside from that one throw Sanchez looked excellent

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    It was a crossing route, not an out. Turner lined up tight on the left hand side and ran a shallow cross (with Keller setting a pick). Sanchez was late on the throw and threw behind Turner, resulting in the INT.

Sanchez best throw of the night actually came on a 12 yard out to Turner on the right sideline, though you're correct that the out is the pattern that he's had the most difficult time hitting on thus far in his career.
    Yeah, you're actually right about that. It was a crossing pattern not an out on that one. My basic point really is he has trouble hitting guys outside the hash marks who are on the move. He's pretty good at it on posts, slants and inside crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Continue to make all the excuses you want. You know that is not true. Fact is he just wasn't trying out there tonight. He is the biggest question mark on the O.
    LOL... One of the funniest posts ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Sanchez is missing 3 of his top 4 WRs right now. I know Kerley & Schilens are nothing special but they are guys Sanchez has worked with all off-season. And I hate making excuses for the guy b/c I don't think he's ever going to be a top 15 QB anyway, but gotta be fair.

I wouldn't say Sanchez looked excellent in this game...all of his passes were basically dump offs. The INT was brutal though. He still cannot throw those timing out patterns, which is a big reason he will never be a top QB.
    So you are basically saying if Sanchez had his top WR's then he would not have thrown that pick 6?

Hall Of Fame
    "Excellent" is a big stretch. He was what he always is which is a product of his surrounding players. But in fairness to him, his surrounding players might be the worst in the NFL.

I am pulling for Sanchez to succeed. I do not want Tebow to be our QB and I do not want to start all over again with a rookie QB. The way this offense looks, Tebow will definitely be getting a start at which point might spell the end of the Sanchez era.

All Pro
    Sadly, this offense looked like a continuation of the worst of last year in all regards, including Sanchez. They just look lost and demoralized. My two biggest gripes with Sanchez are his complete inability to sense a threat and get rid if the ball and his unwillingness/inability to throw downfield. He looks like a headcase at this point. Tebow looked more confident and daring on his first drive, but that was it. From there on he simply got worse of worse. He's not the answer either. David Carr looked better than both of them and that's not a compliment to David Carr..

Undrafted Free Agent
    I give it 3 games before Holmes has another meltdown if Sanchez is unable to deliver to his WRs. And I wouldn't blame him. Sanchez operates as if he's in a fetal position in the pocket.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I give it 3 games before Holmes has another meltdown if Sanchez is unable to deliver to his WRs. And I wouldn't blame him. Sanchez operates as if he's in a fetal position in the pocket.
    That's cause he is a lot . He isn't getting protected ..

As far as holmes goes screw him. If Dude wants to sit on the sideline all training camp and think everything is gonna be in sync when he gets back.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 08-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.

The talent at the skill positions is so unimpressive and the OC is so conservative. The game plan will be....Let our D win the field position battle and don't make mistakes. It's all up to the D this year. Hope the other team makes mistakes and be ready to capitalize. This was the Pats formula in the early Brady years

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Sanchez wasn't the problem with the offense not being able to score. Jason posted last year that we were one of the best teams at running the ball on 2nd and 3rd & short. That certainly wasn't the case tonight. We weren't able to get those 2 yards on the ground to move the chains and keep the drive alive.
    This is why Tebow is here

Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    I guess it's just me but the placement of his ball, his reads and finding the open man were good. He was completing just about every ball. With all of the problems with this team Sanchez isn't even top 3. If you fix Wayne hunter and our injured players you will see the real Sanchez. It's mind boggling that half of our fanbase wants his head. At this point if it came down to it the GM and HC should go before Sanchez.
    I think that after getting sacked several times, with the sieve like OL in front of him and very pedestrian receivers to throw to, Sanchez has the right to make a dumb play. Who knows, maybe his brain got scrambled from all the abuse he was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I think that after getting sacked several times, with the sieve like OL in front of him and very pedestrian receivers to throw to, Sanchez has the right to make a dumb play. Who knows, maybe his brain got scrambled from all the abuse he was taking.
    he was leaning back when he threw instead of stepping into the throw and that probably is why it was behind turner. it's a habit he's developed after getting hit so often. a great example of how he now expects to get hit and his mechanics suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he was leaning back when he threw instead of stepping into the throw and that probably is why it was behind turner. it's a habit he's developed after getting hit so often. a great example of how he now expects to get hit and his mechanics suffer.
    He was leaning back, preparing to cushion the blow he was about to take. I basically agree with you--just trying to spread some humor in here.

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess it's just me but the placement of his ball, his reads and finding the open man were good. He was completing just about every ball. With all of the problems with this team Sanchez isn't even top 3. If you fix Wayne hunter and our injured players you will see the real Sanchez. It's mind boggling that half of our fanbase wants his head. At this point if it came down to it the GM and HC should go before Sanchez.
    try winning a Super Bowl with easy, short passes! 9/10 for 59 yards. no risk/ no points! Are you just another Sanchez fan needing to cement his starting position? I am a Jets fan. I do not care one bit who the QB is as long as he wins!

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    He was leaning back, preparing to cushion the blow he was about to take. I basically agree with you--just trying to spread some humor in here.
    it's clear he really doesn't have faith in his line. he basically said it without actually saying it last nigh. "i know we can block a four man front." how hilarious/sad/pathetic is that? sure that int was bad. but what about all the other plays. with sanchez, you know he's going to have a few 'i wish i had that throw back' passes every game. but the guy scored 32 tds last year, even with hunter. so even if he throws a pick 6, if you give him time enough of the time, he will score points. but if he's always getting nailed, you're not going to have those opportunities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    "Excellent" is a big stretch. He was what he always is which is a product of his surrounding players. But in fairness to him, his surrounding players might be the worst in the NFL.

I am pulling for Sanchez to succeed. I do not want Tebow to be our QB and I do not want to start all over again with a rookie QB. The way this offense looks, Tebow will definitely be getting a start at which point might spell the end of the Sanchez era.
    But in fairness to the surrounding players, a great QB is supposed to elevate the play of those surrounding him. It just does not happen with the Jets! Unlike you, I do not care who the Jets QB is as long as he wins! This is about the TEAM and not hero worship!

QBs should be graded by points scored. So far for Sanchez, 3 quarters 0 points.

Not all his fault, it is preseason so we are playing a very vanilla offense; 2 of our starting receivers have not played yet; the pass protection has been mediocre and they are not game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But in fairness to the surrounding players, a great QB is supposed to elevate the play of those surrounding him. It just does not happen with the Jets! Unlike you, I do not care who the Jets QB is as long as he wins! This is about the TEAM and not hero worship!
    true. but realistically, how much more could sanchez have done? he completed most of his passes, checking down in the face of the best pass rush in the nfl. he had no weapons out there so the giants didn't have to worry about getting burned and also they probably knew the jets weren't going to do anything bold anyway. they didn't even have to blitz b/c hunter can't block anyone, let alone the all pro des on the giants. the giants had 7 guys in coverage and still pressured every throw. would it have been better for sanchez to throw deep to this group of wrs and get picked off? perhaps, given how the punting unit performed.

The most relevant remark is that it's the preseason. Sanchez was playing without his Go-to receivers, the O-line was sketchy at best (putting it kindly) and the running game wasn't what it is supposed to be. Also, the other guys were pretty good.

All in all, it looked to me like a team with a lot of work to do if it's going to improve over 8--8, but it's far too early to hit the panic button.

All Pro
    M
    X

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    true. but realistically, how much more could sanchez have done? he completed most of his passes, checking down in the face of the best pass rush in the nfl. he had no weapons out there so the giants didn't have to worry about getting burned and also they probably knew the jets weren't going to do anything bold anyway. they didn't even have to blitz b/c hunter can't block anyone, let alone the all pro des on the giants. the giants had 7 guys in coverage and still pressured every throw. would it have been better for sanchez to throw deep to this group of wrs and get picked off? perhaps, given how the punting unit performed.
    Try winning a Super Bowl with only short passes! It won't happen. Teams do not fear Sanchez beating them deep! They stop our run and wait for the short pass and then jump the route. But it is early and hopefully we will get a competant RT. Then we will find a new excuse for Sanchez if he retains the status quo.