Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: I miss the days of the 55 yard posts to Edwards

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Braylon was a knucklehead. He'd make a brilliant TD catch and then gt penalized for doing the Dougie in the end zone. He had legal problems that only served to be a major distraction. He was an average WR at best, and yet he's lionized here as if we let a future HoF'er walk. Let it to, already.
    Yeah and he was still better and a more valauble player than our 50 million dollar malcontent #2 wr masquerading as a #1 guy. Dumping edwards (some say because of holmes) was the worst move of all of off season two years back by far.

  2. #22
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time the Jets offense had any sort of SWAGGER was when Braylon was in town. Dude was a beast. I don't understand why people minimize his contributions to this offense. Short memories I guess.

    I truly believe that if signed TODAY, he would become our #1 option at WR by mid season. Tannenbaum. F off.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw him on Hard Knocks trying out in Miami. He went to Seattle. How is it possible the Jets didn't bring him in to at least try out given the current state of the WR corps?

  4. #24
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Saw him on Hard Knocks trying out in Miami. He went to Seattle. How is it possible the Jets didn't bring him in to at least try out given the current state of the WR corps?
    Gross negligence.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes misses him too, he was the reason Holmes was able to get open. Holmes' production suffered without Edwards to bait the defense. Ironic given the likelihood that Holmes was most instrumental in Braylon not being on the team. He's never been accused of being a Mensa candidate.

  6. #26
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Santonio Holmes misses him too, he was the reason Holmes was able to get open. Holmes' production suffered without Edwards to bait the defense. Ironic given the likelihood that Holmes was most instrumental in Braylon not being on the team. He's never been accused of being a Mensa candidate.
    Correct again. It's no surprise Holmes was bottled up all of last year. Once again... Screw you, Tannenbaum. You really blew it on this one.

  7. #27
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it is true, that if you go back to 2010... the opposing defenses did make Edwards their top coverage priority more often than they did Holmes. That, along with his physical attributes, and attitude are why I thought BE would be the one to keep in 2011, if we had to choose one.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Braylon was a knucklehead. He'd make a brilliant TD catch and then gt penalized for doing the Dougie in the end zone. He had legal problems that only served to be a major distraction. He was an average WR at best, and yet he's lionized here as if we let a future HoF'er walk. Let it to, already.
    If the FO had done something about replacing him, he'd be a distant, hazy memory. It would be a moo point.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    Gross negligence.
    Yeah, I'd say a pattern is forming.

  10. #30
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    we could have Usain Bolt running fly patterns and it wouldn't matter. If the QB can't drop back without being hit, you can't go deep. Period, end of story.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    No catches for Braylon last night. Not sure if he was held out. Same goes for T.O. Maybe he doesn't make the cut even though the Jets would probably pass for a third time.I'd take him back in a heartbeat especially at the vet min r u fing kidding me.
    Braylon was indeed held out of the game as was T.O.

    From what I hear, Carroll is enamored with Braylon and likes T.O.(for some reason). I think Pete recognizes he's got a player in BE who is still young enough to make an impact for his team.

    I doubt Braylon would be cut like he was in San Fran. He's actually HEALTHY now.

  12. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were about 10 plays in this highlight video that were def 15+ yards down the field some were 30+.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwnf95DHiRQ[/IMG]

  13. #33
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets front office stinks. They could have had Edwards back for a ball boy. Nobody seems to remember how many shots this guy took over the middle on Sanchez's crappy throws and still came up with the catch.

    BE blocked on the outside. This guy could play. So he was a mouth in the locker room. Like one previous poster said, he has swagger. This offense has zero identity and they are horrible. We need a dude with some balls.

    He wanted to be back here, the FO just never made the call. Shame on them.

    I truly am hoping for 0-16. Then we pick Matt Barkley numero uno. This guy can play the QB position. I was never fond of Sanchez in college. He made me have hope after his first start against Houston, but that light bulb has burnt out. I wish him well this season, but I just do not see The Jets doing much. So why not go 0-16 or 1-15 and get this team Barkley. Sanchez becomes a good backup somewhere else.

    This is probaly a 6 to 8 win team. Really do not see the point. Just tank and grab Barkley.

    I can dream can't I.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    I was never fond of Sanchez in college. He made me have hope after his first start against Houston, but that light bulb has burnt out. I wish him well this season, but I just do not see The Jets doing much. So why not go 0-16 or 1-15 and get this team Barkley. Sanchez becomes a good backup somewhere else.
    Sanchez will get dumped and picked up by another team and will be a very good QB for them, someplace like San Francisco.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between the long passes to Braylon Edwards and no long passes last season and this pore-season has nothing to do with the WRs. It has to do with the offensive line. Look at most of those passes and Sanchez had time for his Wrs to run thr route. The past season and pre-season he has no time. The sacks are big concern. Plus the all you need to know about the offensive line is 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 run stuffed last night vs the Giants. Line got weak very quickly since 2010.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    There were about 10 plays in this highlight video that were def 15+ yards down the field some were 30+.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwnf95DHiRQ[/IMG]
    LOOK AT THE PROTECTION SANCHEZ HAS ON ALL THOSE PASSES.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    The difference between the long passes to Braylon Edwards and no long passes last season and this pore-season has nothing to do with the WRs. It has to do with the offensive line. Look at most of those passes and Sanchez had time for his Wrs to run thr route. The past season and pre-season he has no time. The sacks are big concern. Plus the all you need to know about the offensive line is 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 run stuffed last night vs the Giants. Line got weak very quickly since 2010.
    Right. Do you think Sanchez is getting hit on every play? No matter how bad an OL is, no QB gets hit on every play. Believe it or not, the QB has time on some plays. The WRs can't get open down field. Plain and simple. Besides, the QB only needs about three seconds to throw a bomb down the field.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    The last time the Jets offense had any sort of SWAGGER was when Braylon was in town. Dude was a beast. I don't understand why people minimize his contributions to this offense. Short memories I guess.

    I truly believe that if signed TODAY, he would become our #1 option at WR by mid season. Tannenbaum. F off.
    I'd say if signed today ... He'd be #1 by week 1.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Braylon was a knucklehead. He'd make a brilliant TD catch and then gt penalized for doing the Dougie in the end zone. He had legal problems that only served to be a major distraction. He was an average WR at best, and yet he's lionized here as if we let a future HoF'er walk. Let it to, already.
    Agree with everything except the bold part. He was a knucklehead and often caused distractions, but the guy gamed. He really did. It started on his first night with the Jets after the trade against Miami...it continued through playoff games including the sideline catch that got us closer in Indy to win the game with a FG. It was highlighted with another deep TD from Sanchez in our 2009 AFC Championship Game in Indy and him dragging two New England defenders into the endzone in our biggest playoff upset win ever.

    Say anything you want about Braylon...dumbass, distraction, etc. But don't call him average at best. He was the deep threat that gave a very mediocre offense the ability to actually do something in both the running and passing game.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    People act like we had some high octane offense when he was here. We had a ****ty offense then and a ****ty offense now.
    +1


    What you (and every other jet fan) should should miss is this:

    D'brick - Faneca - Mangold - Moore - Woody

    I know i sure as hell do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us