Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I miss the days of the 55 yard posts to Edwards

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

Braylon caught like 4 or 5 long balls during his tenure here.

Compare that to a guy like Mike Wallace who does that sh*t on pretty much a weekly basis.
    I don't know what your definition of "long ball" is but he had at least a dozen 30+ yard receptions in his 28 games here.

LOL @ comparing him to Wallace. I don't think anyone expects that from Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't know what your definition of "long ball" is but he had at least a dozen 30+ yard receptions in his 28 games here.

I wonder what Joe Pesci would think about all this?

Hall Of Fame

Too funny. Edwards was cathing bombs game in and game out--some of the biggest clutchest catches in years and folks want to denigrate what he did. He singlehandedly won games for us, either by catching the big TD or catching the huge 3rd down bomb that set up the TD.

Edwards was a stud for the Jets.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think both him and TO are locks. Seattle didn't give them contracts just to watch them work out. You really think they are giving them 1 mil just to play the preseason?
    None of Edwards money is guaranteed unless he's on the roster week 1.

Same for Owens excpet for the $65K signing bonus he got.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    If dragging two cornerbacks in the end zone in a playoff game is average then you should just turn off the TV on Sundays.

Knucklehead? Most NFL players are....He got penalized vs the ****ing Pats man. I would've been doing the dougie vs those mother****ers as well! I'll let it slide bc of the competition.

The truth is BE had the true #1 WR Traits that are so hard to come by in the NFL and the guy knew how to block. PLUS he wanted to be a jet unlike another WR who was only looking for the dough. He played tough every ****ing game.

Not saying Jets should have given him a huge pay day or anything but bring back the guy who had great chemistry with the young QB for at least a look.
    +1 billion

The knuckleheads are the posters on this board who try to come up with any BS they can to **** on this guy. It's unbelievable. I hope they enjoy the below average WR corps we currently have for the entire season. Enjoy!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    +1

What you (and every other jet fan) should should miss is this:

D'brick - Faneca - Mangold - Moore - Woody

I know i sure as hell do.
    The Jets miss Namath too. But he's not available either. Braylon is. Or was anyway. Dumbest move in years.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-19-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Too funny. Edwards was cathing bombs game in and game out--some of the biggest clutchest catches in years and folks want to denigrate what he did. He singlehandedly won games for us, either by catching the big TD or catching the huge 3rd down bomb that set up the TD.

Edwards was a stud for the Jets.

_
    But he wasn't a Mangini type.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Braylon was indeed held out of the game as was T.O.

From what I hear, Carroll is enamored with Braylon and likes T.O.(for some reason). I think Pete recognizes he's got a player in BE who is still young enough to make an impact for his team.

I doubt Braylon would be cut like he was in San Fran. He's actually HEALTHY now.
    Damn it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Really?

So in year FOUR for Sachez the JETS draft a Wr in the second round and this is good enough for you?

Steven Hill comes from a an offense in college that didnt throw the ball. Not exactly a guarantee that this Wr is legit

BTW, How many plays did the JETS run with both Steven Hill and Sanchez on the field?

Can someone find this stat because I cant remember one............
    Hill wasn't targeted until Tebow came in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Braylon was indeed held out of the game as was T.O.

From what I hear, Carroll is enamored with Braylon and likes T.O.(for some reason). I think Pete recognizes he's got a player in BE who is still young enough to make an impact for his team.

I doubt Braylon would be cut like he was in San Fran. He's actually HEALTHY now.
    I read that TO was targeted 5 times last night.

Two passes were batted down by defenders. One was thrown behind him and one too high.

The one that was on target, TO had beaten his man on a post pattern but let the ball slip through his fingers in the EZ.

Carroll said that TO has looked really good in practice.

I can't imagine the Hawks keeping both Edwards and TO. I would take either one if released.

None of Edwards money is guaranteed unless he's on the roster week 1.

Same for Owens excpet for the $65K signing bonus he got.
    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/8/7/3...ntract-details
    Edwards will also get a $65,000 roster bonus if he makes the team, but importantly, of the base salary, $270,000 of it is fully guaranteed.
    OK I thought both had to be guaranteed but I guess not. So 270k to play in preseason. I guess it is possible.at doesn't say TO got anything guaranteed so I am a little shocked there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The Jets miss Namath too. But he's not available either. Braylon is. Or was anyway. Dumbest move in years.
    I'm a huge Bray Bray fan. People overlook the importance of having a swag or flair on the team. I wish we had resigned him.

I was just pointing out that, in my opinion, losing these players has left holes in the roster that are more essential to fix tan the WR.

We have a serviceable WR corp. Having Andre Johnson, Megatron, and Welker wouldn't do us any good if our QB doesnt have the time to get the ball to them.

We have an average stable of RBs. But, as we saw with thomas jones, average can be great with a dominant OL.

This is the one thing i loved about the mangini years; he understood that the game was won in the trenches. It wasn't about the sexy pick, it was about building a great foundation for a team.

Somewhere along the line, Woody, Rex, and Tanny seem to have forgotten this.

Yea our D is gonna be real good. But how good can they really be if they're on the field for 45 min a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sanchez will get dumped and picked up by another team and will be a very good QB for them, someplace like San Francisco.
    Seattle

I read that TO was targeted 5 times last night.

Two passes were batted down by defenders. One was thrown behind him and one too high.

The one that was on target, TO had beaten his man on a post pattern but let the ball slip through his fingers in the EZ.

Carroll said that TO has looked really good in practice.

I can't imagine the Hawks keeping both Edwards and TO. I would take either one if released.
    yeah I read that too.........later. Last time I use Yahoo! Sports as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    Seattle
    Wouldn't it be something if BE was still there and Mark was picked up by the Hawks? Those two would wreck shop in an otherwise lackluster division.

Wouldn't it be something if BE was still there and Mark was picked up by the Hawks? Those two would wreck shop in an otherwise lackluster division.
    Mark, Braylon, and Pete Carroll

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    Mark, Braylon, and Pete Carroll
    Mark, Braylon, Pete and Leon.

Mark, Braylon, Pete and Leon.
    Aha!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agree with everything except the bold part. He was a knucklehead and often caused distractions, but the guy gamed. He really did. It started on his first night with the Jets after the trade against Miami...it continued through playoff games including the sideline catch that got us closer in Indy to win the game with a FG. It was highlighted with another deep TD from Sanchez in our 2009 AFC Championship Game in Indy and him dragging two New England defenders into the endzone in our biggest playoff upset win ever.

Say anything you want about Braylon...dumbass, distraction, etc. But don't call him average at best. He was the deep threat that gave a very mediocre offense the ability to actually do something in both the running and passing game.
    Agreed. BE was deadly when his considerable talents were harnessed properly