Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss the days of the 55 yard posts to Edwards

I miss the days of the 55 yard posts to Edwards

Its never been the same since.

People act like we had some high octane offense when he was here. We had a ****ty offense then and a ****ty offense now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    People act like we had some high octane offense when he was here. We had a ****ty offense then and a ****ty offense now.
    +1

Braylon caught like 4 or 5 long balls during his tenure here.

Compare that to a guy like Mike Wallace who does that sh*t on pretty much a weekly basis.

Veteran
    me too.

Hey, Braylon is no lock to make the Seattle team.

On the Jets, he'd clearly be able to crack the top 5. So - it could happen . . .

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    me too.

Hey, Braylon is no lock to make the Seattle team.

On the Jets, he'd clearly be able to crack the top 5. So - it could happen . . .
    I think both him and TO are locks. Seattle didn't give them contracts just to watch them work out. You really think they are giving them 1 mil just to play the preseason?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think both him and TO are locks. Seattle didn't give them contracts just to watch them work out. You really think they are giving them 1 mil just to play the preseason?
    C'mon - can't a guy dream a little . . .

Agreed though. I thought they had him at the vet min. So under $1 mil. Can't have them in camp for any less than that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I love Braylon more than anybody, almost in a way that could force one to question my sexuality. But our offense really isn't missing too much without him. We struggled. He wasn't ever a huge playmaker, he was just solid.

That said, I sign him 10 times out of 10 over Chaz Schillens.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusRevis View Post
    He wasn't ever a huge playmaker, he was just solid.
    It's more than that - Sanchez felt like he could sling the ball to Braylon, that he didn't have to be perfect. That was their chemistry - and it worked. No one can say that Bray leaving wasn't a hit to this team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Braylon was a knucklehead. He'd make a brilliant TD catch and then gt penalized for doing the Dougie in the end zone. He had legal problems that only served to be a major distraction. He was an average WR at best, and yet he's lionized here as if we let a future HoF'er walk. Let it to, already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Braylon was a knucklehead. He'd make a brilliant TD catch and then gt penalized for doing the Dougie in the end zone. He had legal problems that only served to be a major distraction. He was an average WR at best, and yet he's lionized here as if we let a future HoF'er walk. Let it to, already.
    If dragging two cornerbacks in the end zone in a playoff game is average then you should just turn off the TV on Sundays.

Knucklehead? Most NFL players are....He got penalized vs the ****ing Pats man. I would've been doing the dougie vs those mother****ers as well! I'll let it slide bc of the competition.

The truth is BE had the true #1 WR Traits that are so hard to come by in the NFL and the guy knew how to block. PLUS he wanted to be a jet unlike another WR who was only looking for the dough. He played tough every ****ing game.

Not saying Jets should have given him a huge pay day or anything but bring back the guy who had great chemistry with the young QB for at least a look.
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 08-19-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: mod reply

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    If dragging two cornerbacks in the end zone in a playoff game is average then you should just turn off the TV on Sundays.

Knucklehead? Most NFL players are....He got penalized vs the ****ing Pats man. I would've been doing the dougie vs those mother****ers as well! I'll let it slide bc of the competition.

The truth is BE had the true #1 WR Traits that are so hard to come by in the NFL and the guy knew how to block. PLUS he wanted to be a jet unlike another WR who was only looking for the dough. He played tough every ****ing game.

Not saying Jets should have given him a huge pay day or anything but bring back the guy who had great chemistry with the young QB for at least a look.
    WORD

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yes. Please. Let it to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    and the QB was........

Veteran
    No catches for Braylon last night. Not sure if he was held out. Same goes for T.O. Maybe he doesn't make the cut even though the Jets would probably pass for a third time.I'd take him back in a heartbeat especially at the vet min r u fing kidding me.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    Its never been the same since.
    So you miss what made that happen too? Woody, Faneca, TRich, Jones. Me too, but eventually it's out with the old and in with the new.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    So you miss what made that happen too? Woody, Faneca, TRich, Jones. Me too, but eventually it's out with the old and in with the new.
    So what your saying is the Mark Sanchez was most successful when the JETS actually surrounded his with talent. Hmmmmmmm

WHY HAVEN'T THE JETS CONTINUED TO SURROUND MARK SANCHEZ WITH TALENT ON OFFENSE????????

Maybe the "Head Coach" doesn't believe the "Head Coach" can succeed without ALL the talent being on DEFENSE?????

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So what your saying is the Mark Sanchez was most successful when the JETS actually surrounded his with talent. Hmmmmmmm

WHY HAVEN'T THE JETS CONTINUED TO SURROUND MARK SANCHEZ WITH TALENT ON OFFENSE????????

Maybe the "Head Coach" doesn't believe the "Head Coach" can succeed without ALL the talent being on DEFENSE?????
    Stephen Hill say 'Hello'

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Stephen Hill say 'Hello'
    Really?

So in year FOUR for Sachez the JETS draft a Wr in the second round and this is good enough for you?

Steven Hill comes from a an offense in college that didnt throw the ball. Not exactly a guarantee that this Wr is legit

BTW, How many plays did the JETS run with both Steven Hill and Sanchez on the field?

Can someone find this stat because I cant remember one............

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Yes. Please. Let it to.
    Some fans just can't get over why we let Braylon to.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

You are smarter than that. It goes way deeper than that, talent just doesn't come waltzing in, some orgs are much better than others at drafting it, buying it,or trading for talent. Some teams have a different agenda. Steelers, Giants, recently Eagles, and Patriots have a machine going. Vast majority of teams, are, just in the league. What happened to the Cowboys, and Niners 5 SB's each, Niners just resurfaced after how many years? Because it's no that easy especially nowadays, the Jets basically just got into this aside from Parcells, 10/3 years ago the Giants have been doing it since 1925 with the same family. Some teams are similar in that fashion some are one hit wonders which is just as good if you are the last team standing. While I don't agree with some of the moves I don't know all the particulars, do you? Maybe Schotty was aloud to hang around because Woody was friends with Marty, or maybe Simms is in camp as a favor to Phil? Idk. Rex is 32-22, and like the vast majority does not have the only win that matters, but I think I'm gonna stick with this org a few more years to see what they can put together and add to this young and growing team, instead of micro manage the team.