Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Is Tebow taking over inevitable?

  1. #1

    Is Tebow taking over inevitable?

    Starting to seem like it to me because Sanchez has been given so little to work with with a gaping hole at RT, an average at best running back corps, and an inexperienced, injury prone group of WRs.
    In effect, Tannenbaum and Rex have set Sanchez up for failure, making it so that they will need to play Tebowball In the wildcat the majority of the time to score points.
    Unfortunately we will probably lose ten games before Rex comes to this realization.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,302
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Starting to seem like it to me because Sanchez has been given so little to work with with a gaping he at RT, an average at best running back corps, and an inexperienced, injury prone group of WRs.
    In effect, Tannenbaum and Rex have set Sanchez up for failure, making it so that they will need to play Tebowball In the wildcat the majority of the time to score points.
    Unfortunately we will probably lose ten games before Rex comes to this realization.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Starting to seem like it to me because Sanchez has been given so little to work with with a gaping hole at RT, an average at best running back corps, and an inexperienced, injury prone group of WRs.
    In effect, Tannenbaum and Rex have set Sanchez up for failure, making it so that they will need to play Tebowball In the wildcat the majority of the time to score points.
    Unfortunately we will probably lose ten games before Rex comes to this realization.
    Why would they sign a guy for a contract extension and then turn around and set them up to fail?


    And if Rex is setting Mark up to fail, isn't he also setting himself up for failure, since it will all fall back on him anyway?

  4. #4
    I don't think you can lose 10 games with a top 3 Defense. This D is going to be NASTY. I am still excited for the season. Preseason offensive struggles are common in the NfL. Peyton threw 2 picks last night. No one cares.

  5. #5
    A few of us have been critical of Sanchez to great ridicule on this board.

    Oline, Schotty, WRs... The excuses go on and on...

    That pick 6 last is what Sanchez is and always will be.
    A mistake prone qb who makes poor decisions and has questionable accuracy.

    There's a reason the jets contacted St. Louis about the #2 pick, were in the Manning sweepstakes and traded for Tebow and have promised him snaps.

    This guy is not the future.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I don't think you can lose 10 games with a top 3 Defense. This D is going to be NASTY. I am still excited for the season. Preseason offensive struggles are common in the NfL. Peyton threw 2 picks last night. No one cares.
    Yes, concur on the above ... with a flawed offense, they need to get creative and focus on no turn overs and maintaining good field position.


    No one has brought up that watching a ball control run first offense is very boring as a fan to watch unless you have a top five oline ... which we do not.

  7. #7
    I think the "Fans"(and I use that term very loosely) calling for "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" every friggin' game (whenever Mark throws an incomplete pass or something) is inevitable.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Why would they sign a guy for a contract extension and then turn around and set them up to fail?


    And if Rex is setting Mark up to fail, isn't he also setting himself up for failure, since it will all fall back on him anyway?
    If the FO had any intentions of helping Mark succeed they would have done something about the RT position. The fact that they're going with Hunter speaks volumes about their intentions and plans. I think they are delusional enough to think they can win with Tebow but need a reason to replace Sanchez and they're creating one. Rex overvalues Tebow because he lost a game to him. Instead of replacing Eric Smith with a better safety, he gets Tebow. Tebow beat Rex and Rex has a flaw in thinking that whoever beat Rex can't be beaten by anyone else.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If the FO had any intentions of helping Mark succeed they would have done something about the RT position. The fact that they're going with Hunter speaks volumes about their intentions and plans. I think they are delusional enough to think they can win with Tebow but need a reason to replace Sanchez and they're creating one. Rex overvalues Tebow because he lost a game to him. Instead of replacing Eric Smith with a better safety, he gets Tebow. Tebow beat Rex and Rex has a flaw in thinking that whoever beat Rex can't be beaten by anyone else.

    Right. Which is why Tanny gave Mark that extension.

    C'mon, VTN. That makes no sense whatsoever. If Tanny wanted Mark gone, he wouldn't have given the extension and let him be the lame-duck this year with Tebow acquired.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Right. Which is why Tanny gave Mark that extension.

    C'mon, VTN. That makes no sense whatsoever. If Tanny wanted Mark gone, he wouldn't have given the extension and let him be the lame-duck this year with Tebow acquired.
    They didn't give him an extension until after they thought they had exhausted all their alternatives. Oh here Mark, yeah we tried to get Manning but he turned us down so here's an extension to make up for hurting your fee fees. They had no idea Tebow would become available. If he hadn't, they would have spent the pick/money on a RT. Instead, they got Tebow.

  11. #11
    I don't think it's a great plan by the front office to sabotage Mark Sanchez so Tebow will have to start. But I do think that's going to be the result.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They didn't give him an extension until after they thought they had exhausted all their alternatives. Oh here Mark, yeah we tried to get Manning but he turned us down so here's an extension to make up for hurting your fee fees. They had no idea Tebow would become available. If he hadn't, they would have spent the pick/money on a RT. Instead, they got Tebow.
    Well that's the issue, isn't it?


    Instead of telling Mark that this year is his last year to EARN a new contract, Tanny basically gives Mark an extra year to suck. Whereas, if he didn't give him the extension, I personally believe Tebow would still be here as INCENTIVE for Mark to earn that contract.

    Bad job by the FO all around.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They had no idea Tebow would become available. If he hadn't, they would have spent the pick/money on a RT. Instead, they got Tebow.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well that's the issue, isn't it?


    Instead of telling Mark that this year is his last year to EARN a new contract, Tanny basically gives Mark an extra year to suck. Whereas, if he didn't give him the extension, I personally believe Tebow would still be here as INCENTIVE for Mark to earn that contract.

    Bad job by the FO all around.

    Agreed

    Bad decision flirting with Manning

    Bad decision extending Sanchez

    Bad decision bringing Tebow here instead of shoring up the OL

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Agreed

    Bad decision flirting with Manning

    Bad decision extending Sanchez

    Bad decision bringing Tebow here instead of shoring up the OL
    Yup, and that's what happens when we have an owner who wants to be involved with personnel decisions.

  16. #16
    Yes. With the OL the way it is, it just makes sense.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think the "Fans"(and I use that term very loosely) calling for "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" every friggin' game (whenever Mark throws an incomplete pass or something) is inevitable.
    Which I find ridiculouse. I want the best QB out there. But we lack so much talent on teh offense that Sanchez/Tebow is the least of our problems.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Yup, and that's what happens when we have an owner who wants to be involved with personnel decisions.
    I have in my possession the smoking gun....

    From the desk of Woody Johnson:

    Attention, Tanny: Offseason job #1 is to get a new RT.

    This is provided, of course, that we can't sign Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow. But should we sign one of those two then we'll continue with Hunter at RT.

    Nothing else matters.

    Yours,
    WJ

  19. #19
    woody johnson brought teblow in for one thing, to sell seats, and once the season goes bad after the first few games, woody will pull rex strings he controls, and teblow will be starting

  20. #20
    Sanchez will be road kill. Tebow will have to start. When he fails then they will start the only real qb we have.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us