Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistically, How Concerned Are You?

Hall Of Fame

Our defense is good but our offense will ruin our defense. They will be on the field a lot and wear down.

We have a WR and half of a TE on offense. That is it. And our OC is a failed HC whose claim to fame is a college offense.

The offense will ruin the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Our defense is good but our offense will ruin our defense. They will be on the field a lot and wear down.

We have a WR and half of a TE on offense. That is it. And our OC is a failed HC whose claim to fame is a college offense.

the offense is already ruining the defense.

All League
    The OL is THE PROBLEM. Without question.

Question is: Why the **** didn't Tanny and Rex-tard get this corrected/upgraded/fixed in the offseason? That's the problem. The blame is falling squarely on their shoulders.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Look at the roster, go to years.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    level of concern, maybe based on a scale of 1-10...1 being "Everything will be just fine" to 10 being "The sky is definitely falling"
    It's hard to say b/c "everything could be just fine" and the team could still win only 9 games. I've been watching this team long enough to know it could still get worse so I'll go with ... 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Honestly, how likely is it that we replace Wayne Hunter by week 1? I don't see ANY SENSE OF EMERGENCY from this coaching staff/front office to do something about this. The Otah debacle was worth a shot, but it didn't pan out, so now what the **** are we going to do? I hope they are on the phone as we speak trying to figure out a trade or figure out who will be cut. WE HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE TO REPLACE THIS GUY, how hard could it be???
    I think if Hunter is still there, we'll sign a blocking TE to help out in passing situations. Sure it'd be tipping our hand but what else are we gonna do.

Waterboy
    After last night's game. I place my level of concern at a 6. The O-line is horrid. The WR's looked shaky, granted our # 1 receiver is out. Just all around sloppy offensive play.

All Pro
    Oh no! we suck AGAIN!

All Pro
    To be honest our defense is not as solid as people make them out to be.. ElI carved them up and for the 2nd week in a row our blitzes were ineffective . Cromartie was getting abused by Cruz..

Outside of our
    DLine vs the run
    Revis
    Safety play

Our defense has gotten picked on a little .

Veteran
    This may not be the correct thread to comment on but I'm excited about our Safety position... Bell and Landry(nice hit!) are crucial for us... that kid Antonio Allen is a ballhawk!! Dude contributed in almost every play during the 2nd half... He'll have a nice future with us... We need to cut ties with Posey(21) that kid is trash...

My concern --- with room to increase, 4, but it's just preseason...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm really not concerned with Mark Sanchez or any of the other skill positions on offense, my problem is with the OL. The OL right now would get ANY QB killed. In fact, I must commend Mark Sanchez for not throwing the OL under the bus.
    Holy F-Cow, even Mainejet has come to his senses.

The OL has been Mark's problem all along, you folks are just finally paying attention.

While I think our team isn't that good, I'm always surprised at the low quality of play around the league until the last few weeks of the season when the top teams seem to gell. I suspect much of the league will suck and many teams that suck will be in the hunt and actually make the playoffs.

I'm a sunshiner the Jets will suck and be in the hunt.

10... Mainly Hunter and of course the rest of the O-line. But also Sparano...why wasn't there any extra blockers added to the protection on Hunter's side? Shouldn't that be adjustment #1 to protect your QB? Not looking very promising

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    10... Mainly Hunter and of course the rest of the O-line. But also Sparano...why wasn't there any extra blockers added to the protection on Hunter's side? Shouldn't that be adjustment #1 to protect your QB? Not looking very promising
    Maybe Soprano doesn't want to protect Sanchez?

Veteran
    A 4. It's preseason. All our receivers are injured and the offense is new. We won't know anything until week 3 of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Holy F-Cow, even Mainejet has come to his senses.

The OL has been Mark's problem all along, you folks are just finally paying attention.
    BULLSH*T.

If we are talking honestly, the OL has caused the issues during this preseason because the OL appears to have taken a step back from even last season.

But to say the OL caused ALL of Sanchez's woes is complete homerism crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Maybe Soprano doesn't want to protect Sanchez?
    I think they're in denial, thinking he's going to be fine...He's not fine, he's a disaster waiting to happen in every passing down...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    A 4. It's preseason. All our receivers are injured and the offense is new. We won't know anything until week 3 of the regular season.
    I wish I could think like that but preseason or regular season is not gonna make Wayne hunter better the guy is just not good .. All the self motivation speeches and teammate support is not gonna fix that..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

^ Exactly. I understand it's just the preseason, but this offense looks scary bad. We're the ONLY team in the NFL to have not scored one TD so far in the PS. That has to mean something. Any moderately knowledgeable Jet fan could have told you our #1 problem was protection and blocking up front and again, nothing was addressed and this is what we're left with.

All Pro
    I'd say 7. I'm not so much worried as I am convinced we're 8-8 bound.

Accept the following;

--we don't have a franchise QB.

--poor depth at WR & RB

--Right side of the Oline is insufferably weak

Anything we do on offense this year will be fabricated (not natural) and be wholly unreliable to replicate on a week-to-week basis.