Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Williams Sacks in Week 1...Over/Under?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Mario Williams Sacks in Week 1...Over/Under?

I say 4.

Thought this was funny (sort of)
    Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein
    Jets used a garbage can at wr in practice this week. Perhaps they should sign a traffic cone to upgrade right tackle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking 4 also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao only jets brass can't see Wayne hunter is a liability.. Sign Otah off the street help him rehab Atleast there's talent there when he gets healthy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OVER 3

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care how many sacks Williams gets. Sanchez should be throwing bombs vs this Buff team all night. The fact we couldn't do it last year vs what looked like the worst team in the league was a disgrace IMO. I said it twice last year those should have been statement games for Sanchez but the play calling was horrendous. Him or Shotty we shal soon see. If he can't do it here there is nothing anyone can say to protect this guy. The excuses are running out Mark time to put up or sit down. Miami did it twice last year with much less talent vs Buff. Williams or not Buff still has no D at all. We win but question is do we make it look easy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So long as Wayne Hunter is lined at RT? It should be like shooting fish in a barrell for Mario Williams. Almost automatic. I'd go with more than 5 sacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams brings less to the table then Tuck, Osi and Paul. We can deal with him alone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So long as Wayne Hunter is lined at RT? It should be like shooting fish in a barrell for Mario Williams. Almost automatic. I'd go with more than 5 sacks.
    Agreed. The only player that be knocked on his ass more than Wayne will be Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Mario Williams brings less to the table then Tuck, Osi and Paul. We can deal with him alone.
    Buffalo has the best defensive front in the AFC with Suggs out

Williams, Darius, Kyle Williams, Anderson, and Kelsay are a very good front. These guys are going to put a lot of pressure one very oline they play.

IMO Dareus is going to be the next Ngata

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if he's limited in snaps, but Mario has yet to record a tackle in preseason thus far.

Meanwhile, and this should make the haters' heads explode, guess who is quietly leading the league in tackles among DL after two pre-season games.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=PRE

Absolutely go on and scream about how it's two meaningless pre-season games because they always are meaningless when your guys do well or other guys do poorly. They only matter when *your* guys do something poorly or the other teams' guys do something well. Got it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    I say 4.

Thought this was funny (sort of)
    Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein
    Jets used a garbage can at wr in practice this week. Perhaps they should sign a traffic cone to upgrade right tackle.

4?

Let's see, they'll probably pass the ball 25-30 times so I'm going to say the over/under is 24.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Buffalo has the best defensive front in the AFC with Suggs out

Williams, Darius, Kyle Williams, Anderson, and Kelsay are a very good front. These guys are going to put a lot of pressure one very oline they play.

IMO Dareus is going to be the next Ngata
    What?? They aren't even the best 4-3 DL much less the best defensive front in the AFC. Dareus is impressive but no Ngata. They still don't look like they can stop the run and their pass rush is average right now. They will be lucky to get 35 sacks IMO. Sorry not the best in the AFC. Also 1st year back in a 4-3. The Bills DL may be their best feature but it is nothing special. They have a lot to prove before saying that.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 08-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't OSI or TUCK have like 7 vs phili a few years back? the record is in danger...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    in the first half maybe

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No lie, I came here about to start a very similar thread. I was going to post a poll about how many sacks Mario gets in Week 1.

Week 1 has Train Wreck written all over it. Glad I just booked my flight back East for this game!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    I say 4.

I agree. Easily 4. anyone know what the record is for sacks in one game? I think it was Thomas of KC who had 6 or 8 in one game? Maybe 7?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario is licking his chops right now. He is going to set himself up for a monster year. Playing Wayne hunter 2 times a year? **** he could have 6-8 sacks just against us.