Thread: Are we really going to have deal with these referees all year?

Are we really going to have deal with these referees all year?

Look the Jets offense was awful last night and they made 2 unbelievable mistakes. But do we have to deal with these replacement refs in addition to that? They have no idea what they're doing. How much money could the NFL and refs be fighting over that it's worth suffering through that for an entire year?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Look the Jets offense was awful last night and they made 2 unbelievable mistakes. But do we have to deal with these replacement refs in addition to that? They have no idea what they're doing. How much money could the NFL and refs be fighting over that it's worth suffering through that for an entire year?
    Funny, I was thinking that while worse that the regulars .... Not too bad.

They just don't know what they're doing. They don't know when to measure, they don't know when they can review plays, they slowed down the pace of the game considerably. If we're paying that much money to go to games, at least have the real refs there.

Veteran

The original refs made numerous mistakes for years so this is nothing new... I tend to support both sides Replacements and Originals... When you're new to your job, you may understand what is going on, but you still have to get accustomed to your new surroundings... As far as the originals, the NFL wants to reduce their pay and cut their 401k(fug that, Im holding out too)... If this gets resolved and the originals come back, I hope they raise their own level of officiating from what we've seen of them in the past...

All Pro
    The right side of our OL is going to need to hold a lot to keep Sanchez alive. We're probably better off with the replacement refs who might miss a few more of these.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Funny, I was thinking that while worse that the regulars .... Not too bad.
    Agreed and the JETS problems have nothing to do with REFS.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed and the JETS problems have nothing to do with REFS.
    Like I said, it's not that I think the Jets got screwed by them last night. It's just that watching a game at the stadium with these refs was painful. The pace was awful and they don't know when to measure or when to review or start the play clock. It looked like Sanchez had to use that first timeout yesterday because of they didn't reset the clock.

Like I said, it's not that I think the Jets got screwed by them last night. It's just that watching a game at the stadium with these refs was painful. The pace was awful and they don't know when to measure or when to review or start the play clock. It looked like Sanchez had to use that first timeout yesterday because of they didn't reset the clock.
    I was watching on TiVo and skipping commercials ... So it did not seem too bad to me. In person could have been much worse.

one way this helps the Jets is the new refs don't call headhunting PI fouls. Landry would have gotten 15 yard penalties last night if those were real refs. In college (most of these guys are from places like the MAC) there is no defenseless receiver rule, there's no helmet to helmet rule, college is in some ways a more violent game than the pros. The speed is slower but the hits can be huge in college. That helps Rex's defense full of guys like Landry.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Except that other than the brain dead comment by Buttle, I don't think it would or should have been flagged, he hit him, hard, with his shoulder and the defenseless receiver rule didn't apply.