Thread: Is there a worse announcer in football then Greg Buttle?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a worse announcer in football then Greg Buttle?

Seriously folks. I knew this guy was not good but last night he was absolutely a joke. How can anyone that follows NY football think that Victor Cruz was originally a Jet and he just "never got enough playing time to show what he could do? How could any supposed "football expert" think that Kyle Wilson made a great play in the end zone against Cruz when he clearly mugged him before the ball arrived but the play was missed by the replacement officials.

The man is just not a football broadcaster. Some articulate ex Jet like Emerson Boozer would be so much better. Buttle is an embarrassment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Berman will be calling a MNF game this year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be tied with Dan Dierdorf. They are both pretty painful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just goes to show you that because I guy played, he know's the game. Butlle is a terrible communicator. Most 3rd graders have better command of the English lauguage. Can't believe he used a Walt Michael's reference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Might be tied with Dan Dierdorf. They are both pretty painful.
    While Dierdorf and Randy Cross have definitely been the color commentators I least want to hear doing a Jets game, Buttle is in a class by himself when it comes to lack of preparedness and buffoonery. He comes across like a loudmouth at the end of the bar. I often have to remind myself he actually was a decent NFL player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Seriously folks. I knew this guy was not good but last night he was absolutely a joke. How can anyone that follows NY football think that Victor Cruz was originally a Jet and he just "never got enough playing time to show what he could do? How could any supposed "football expert" think that Kyle Wilson made a great play in the end zone against Cruz when he clearly mugged him before the ball arrived but the play was missed by the replacement officials.

The man is just not a football broadcaster. Some articulate ex Jet like Emerson Boozer would be so much better. Buttle is an embarrassment.
    It was comical how awful he was. He was getting penalties wrong, plays, players, stories, it was a mess. He randomly started talking about Philly cheese steaks at one point out of nowhere. Ian Eagle who's a pro, really handled it well. It's gotta be tough for a play-by-play guy when the analyst sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you guys can demand a refund?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Maybe you guys can demand a refund?
    Hi Mrs. Buttle

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember Boozer doing preseason games with Marty Glickman back in the day. I love Boozer but he's 69 years old. Someone more contemporary might be better. I agree Buttle is horrendous. The Cruz comment was laughable. I guess he confused him with D.J. Ware.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buttle always comes across like an idiot...can't even put words together, speaks in like a concussion induced broken english, lol...never understood how he's on the air

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe he was drunk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I remember Boozer doing preseason games with Marty Glickman back in the day. I love Boozer but he's 69 years old. Someone more contemporary might be better. I agree Buttle is horrendous. The Cruz comment was laughable. I guess he confused him with D.J. Ware.
    Yes, and wasn't Boozer and Glickman really good? I am trying to think of some ex-Jet who lives in NY and could take his place. Nobody really comes to mind except Wesley Walker. I'm not sure if I ever heard him on the radio as to how articulate he is. Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody are not bad but they have criticized the team a lot and I'm not sure how welcome the Jets would be to them.

I wonder if Chad Pennington would do it if he were asked. I used to listen to his quaterback reports on ESPN radio when he was playing and he was real good.

They just have to get rid of Buttle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and wasn't Boozer and Glickman really good? I am trying to think of some ex-Jet who lives in NY and could take his place. Nobody really comes to mind except Wesley Walker. I'm not sure if I ever heard him on the radio as to how articulate he is. Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody are not bad but they have criticized the team a lot and I'm not sure how welcome the Jets would be to them.

I wonder if Chad Pennington would do it if he were asked. I used to listen to his quaterback reports on ESPN radio when he was playing and he was real good.

I know he's not the most popular ex-Jet, but Boomer Esiason would be a natural fit given he already is under contract with CBS. Waddaya think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    While just awful..Buttle can only be the second worst...

Joe Willie has worst ever in history locked up with the trophy retired

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Chad would be spectacular. I was at the game last night and did not hear Buttle.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    It was comical how awful he was. He was getting penalties wrong, plays, players, stories, it was a mess. He randomly started talking about Philly cheese steaks at one point out of nowhere. Ian Eagle who's a pro, really handled it well. It's gotta be tough for a play-by-play guy when the analyst sucks.
    Ian didn't call him out during his Victor Cruz fantasy. How did he not?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    His Victor Cruz claim was absolutely embarrassing. Talk about a real WTF moment.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buttle is great.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Ian didn't call him out during his Victor Cruz fantasy. How did he not?
    Eagle was too busy giving Trufant credit for laying a big hit on a Giants WR when it was, in fact, Antonio Allen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    maybe he was drunk
    Thank goodness Suzy Kolber wasn't there.