Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, checkdown

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Tebow has confidence that he will not be brought down by the pass rush and can get out of trouble. Sanchez has no ability to do that.

Btw? Where are all these roll out plays that sparano was supposed to bring to the team to work to our qb's strength?
    Apparently, those aren't part of the "vanilla" offensive package. Hopefully, what ever other flavors we have will include those.

I'm going to be thrilled to see the juggernaught of creativity come game one from the Jets we are going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm going to be thrilled to see the juggernaught of creativity come game one from the Jets we are going to explode.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    LOL... 90 was an exaggeration dude. Obviously he doesn't throw short 90% of the time!!! haha
    Sorry, I must read internet sarcasm as well as Sanchez reads defenses

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    90% of Brady's passes are not under 10 yards...that's absurd. I despise the guy, but he threw for over 5000 yards last year. Gronkowski averaged almost 15 yrds a catch, and he's a TE. Brady or Eli will never average less than 5 yrds per pass attempt in a game. Sid Luckman & Sammy Baugh wouldn't either. Sanchez has now become terrified to make a mistake because of all of his turnovers last year. He'll still find ways to throw INTs on checkdowns.
    That's funny, since Eli had 14 attempts for 62 yards the other night, with an INT (4.4 yards per attempt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That was the extent to Sanchez's completions last night. In contrast, Tebow actually aired the ball out a bit (to the best of his ability), and utilized different routes and receivers who actually ran up to and beyond the first down line.

Why is that? I'm a big Sanchez supporter, but last night was worrying. Is he timid to throw any big routes? Is he not getting the same plays in his earpiece? He clearly has a better arm than Tebow but he looked like ****. It was very confusing to watch.
    Because that's all he's ever done and all he's ever going to do. He locks onto one receiver and either follows him to the point where he thinks he can force the ball in (see pick 6) or becomes Captain Checkdown.

Behind this OL, Tebow needs to be the starter. Sanchez will get injured. It will happen. Hunter is putrid and Sanchez NEEDS a top flight OL to win. Tebow won't win a championship with what we have either, but at least he can throw some people off and make some moves and razzle dazzle them or something. Who knows. We're probably arguing between 6-10 and 8-8, but whatever.

The lack of offensive talent is really horrible. As of right now we have

Avg to below avg Qb who might be shell shocked to boot
    Avg to below avg RB who is slow as crap and cant break anything more then 10 yards
    Below Avg offensive line and its getting worse
    Horrible Receivers that most people outside of us Jets fan can even name other then Mr Prick Santonio Holmes.

Honestly we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Because that's all he's ever done and all he's ever going to do. He locks onto one receiver and either follows him to the point where he thinks he can force the ball in (see pick 6) or becomes Captain Checkdown.

Behind this OL, Tebow needs to be the starter. Sanchez will get injured. It will happen. Hunter is putrid and Sanchez NEEDS a top flight OL to win. Tebow won't win a championship with what we have either, but at least he can throw some people off and make some moves and razzle dazzle them or something. Who knows. We're probably arguing between 6-10 and 8-8, but whatever.
    The way this team is built right now.

Tebow,Sanchez,Montana,Unitas aint getting it done. Sorry to say it.

90% of Brady's passes are not under 10 yards...that's absurd. I despise the guy, but he threw for over 5000 yards last year. Gronkowski averaged almost 15 yrds a catch, and he's a TE. Brady or Eli will never average less than 5 yrds per pass attempt in a game. Sid Luckman & Sammy Baugh wouldn't either. Sanchez has now become terrified to make a mistake because of all of his turnovers last year. He'll still find ways to throw INTs on checkdowns.
    most of Sanchez's picks have come on passes inside of 10 yards. now what?

Sanchez is not the problem. The problem is the line, period.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    That's funny, since Eli had 14 attempts for 62 yards the other night, with an INT (4.4 yards per attempt)
    It's hilarious how you guys want to compare Sanchez with Brady & Eli. Why don't you throw me some Brees & Rodgers statistics while you're at it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    most of Sanchez's picks have come on passes inside of 10 yards. now what?

Sanchez is not the problem. The problem is the line, period.

That makes absolutely no sense.

The QB who's making terrible throws within 10 yards ALL THE TIME isn't to blame, his line is to blame? Please explain. I'd love to hear this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

That makes absolutely no sense.

The QB who's making terrible throws within 10 yards ALL THE TIME isn't to blame, his line is to blame? Please explain. I'd love to hear this one.
    two separate topics that I was answering, follow the thread.

The line is the Jets problem not the qb.

The person I was answering had made a claim that Mark will not throw down field as to avoid int's, when in fact most of his picks come within 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I just rewatched the game, because watching last night, abd the checkdowns were exactly what the Giants defense gave us, so Sanchez took it. The Giants were not going to let Hill or Keller beat them for a big play.

The Jets were taking a shot on 3rd and 3, and not one WR got off his jam at the LOS, by the time they were able to recover, Sanchez was receiving his first sack.

Later, Sanchez appeared to see Powell break free down the sideline, and as soon as he saw him, he was sacked from behind.

It isn't fun to watch, but in a lot of the cases last night, Sanchez pretty much had to Check it down, or force it into coverage somewhere, because our WR's are currently overmatched in what they are being asked to do.
    Thanks for the insight, I was wondering the same thing myself. You don't post often enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Put that fella in Hunter's place FULL-TIME, please. I don't care if he's not much better. We need someone other than the human-turnstile.
    While I may have pioneered the use of "turnstile" here, a turnstile offers more resistance than Hunter.

Perhaps he is more like a bullfighter's cape.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    While I may have pioneered the use of "turnstile" here, a turnstile offers more resistance than Hunter.

Perhaps he is more like a bullfighter's cape.
    I was thinking more like prevailing wind ... Or slight breez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Hmmm Sanchez has got to develop a rapport with Hill then... He never even threw the ball his direction. It might have been a case of being able to get open against the 1s/D was focused on Hill being the only legit threat. But still he needs to get it to Hill like he did Edwards. This is of course ignoring the OL issues which were very real.
    Correct! And when Tebow came in that is the first thing he did and hit Hill twice with nice passes. He will never develop rapport with Hill unless he starts throwing him the ball. The blocking issues applied to both Jets QBs. Yet so many only mention how harrassed Sanchez was. BOTH were harrassed! I still would love to see more of McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    The lack of offensive talent is really horrible. As of right now we have

Avg to below avg Qb who might be shell shocked to boot
    Avg to below avg RB who is slow as crap and cant break anything more then 10 yards
    Below Avg offensive line and its getting worse
    Horrible Receivers that most people outside of us Jets fan can even name other then Mr Prick Santonio Holmes.

Honestly we are doomed.
    It really is scary the lack of playmakers this offense has.The only shot is if Hill is the shi@ his rookie year..a lot to ask of a rook who played in a option offense.

I think Hill will be good in time

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Correct! And when Tebow came in that is the first thing he did and hit Hill twice with nice passes. He will never develop rapport with Hill unless he starts throwing him the ball. The blocking issues applied to both Jets QBs. Yet so many only mention how harrassed Sanchez was. BOTH were harrassed! I still would love to see more of McElroy.
    Hill played 8 plays against the Bengals with the first team. I don't imagine he played much more than that against the Giants.

Patrick Turner and Jordan White were the starting receivers.

I also hope that you realize that you're saying that you WANT Sanchez to force the ball to a specific receiver.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Hill played 8 plays against the Bengals with the first team. I don't imagine he played much more than that against the Giants.

Patrick Turner and Jordan White were the starting receivers.

I also hope that you realize that you're saying that you WANT Sanchez to force the ball to a specific receiver.
    Plus whenever hill was n they played a deep cover 2. It didn't matter since Sanchez was down before he finished his drop. Back.

Rookie
    It's hilarious how you guys want to compare Sanchez with Brady & Eli. Why don't you throw me some Brees & Rodgers statistics while you're at it.
    I'm not trying to compare them at all. Since it was pointed out that Eli NEVER throws for less than 5 YPA, I wanted to point out that he threw for less than 5 YPA in his most recent game. That is all.