Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Conner

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Joe McKnight could be out the door too. He was awful last night.
    Was he awful on running back punts/KO?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    True we don't know, but do you actually think they would attempt to convert a 3 & 1 with a pitch... Greene didn't even swing out as if it was a pitch... And I dont know about you but I would prefer that my RB evaluates the line he has to depend on to gain forward progress... but that's just me...
    No, no you were more than likely correct in what you said in your previous post, that Greene saw that Hunter ran right past the DE. Why is anyone's guess (I think it's a lack of instinct). And I agree, you can bet that Greene, or any RB worth his salt, knows the blocking assignment of every OL on any given rushing play (since they have to, like, run behind them and all). Only a fool would think otherwise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs to go.The fullback is a dead position in the NFL.Too bad our coach is stuck in the 1970's

Tebow will be in there for short yardage

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    conner is a very good run blocker (and the running game was actually good last night). he's not a good ball carrier.
    LOL..did you watch Connor at all last night?? He did nothing to help the running game. On one play he was actually blocking Keller in the back on a short yardage play. He is a useless as a FB.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    That wasn't John's fault... Moore and Mangold doubled the NT leaving Hunter to pick up the DE which he didn't... Immediately afterwards you could see Shonn show his frustration... I though the running game was decent... Powell had a nice 2-3 runs in the 2nd half as well...
    Shonn has no right to be frustrated at anything/anybody but himself. He gained 2 yds on 2nd and 3 resulting in a 3rd and 1. Shonn couldn't get that 1 yard and we go for it on 4th and 1 and then Conner gets stuffed. So Shonn had 2 plays to gain 3 yds and couldn't. Connor had ups and downs like he always does, he made that good catch in the flat for 8 yd gain then on next play had great block on Blackburn for Green to gain 6 yds for a 1st down. There are bigger problems than the terminator.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bring back richardson.he surly could do better.even with one foot in the grave.ha ha ha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Joe McKnight could be out the door too. He was awful last night.
    I disagree. Aside from that silly penalty he was ok. I do think its time for him to put up or shut up. I think he gets too much hate because he threw up three years ago. People do not mention his strong returns last year. I guess they conveniently forget that! I do agree that Conner is on the bubble. I thought he was terrible last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    conner is a very good run blocker (and the running game was actually good last night). he's not a good ball carrier.
    In his defense , hunter missed the key block on that 4th and 1.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by russelljones View Post
    He should be cut solely for getting stuffed on that short yardage run last night. Although he did catch a pass, which caught me by surprise.
    Sanchez bobbled the exchange on that run did he not?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow should be the fb. The guy is a beast.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conner has got to adjust to the situations at hand he is not going to run through Giants that already made forward penetration. He made a nice catch though, I think?