Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: John Conner

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    John Conner

    Ok now you have all heard me defend our P, WR, OL, DBs, and TE recently. Heck I have even been regular in saying Sanchez has deserved anther year. So when I ask why is this kid still starting? You know I am not just hating on him. Seriously he is the biggest waste of a spot on the team. He can't cover missed blocks, can't run block, can't catch, and even at time just stands there doing nothing. Why is he even on the field? Can someone please tell me his value because I am no longer seeing it. At this point I'd rather take Hunter or Vlad and put them at FB and see if they can play better there. Throw Ganaway or Josh Baker in there for the love of god. Just get this trash off the field. I never thought it possible for me to hate on a FB this much.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be very surprised if he didn't make the team. Sparano doesn't really use pure fullbacks in his scheme and they've been developing Baker as an H-back for a while now. I think he's definitely on the bubble.

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should be cut solely for getting stuffed on that short yardage run last night. Although he did catch a pass, which caught me by surprise.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because "The Terminator" () was Rex's personal draft pick. Once you're one of Rex's boys, you're pretty much assured of making the team (see: Smith, Eric).

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because "The Terminator" () was Rex's personal draft pick. Once you're one of Rex's boys, you're pretty much assured of making the team (see: Smith, Eric).
    This is sad but true.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex boys, suck, eric smith, bart scott, the terminator, all shouldnt be on the team

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    conner is a very good run blocker (and the running game was actually good last night). he's not a good ball carrier.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, Connor missed a few blocks, but on the short yardage situation where we failed to convert, HUNTER missed the block when he pulled. Oh yes, it gets worse with that guy.

    Hunter.

    The offense can actually improve by deleting him.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    conner is a very good run blocker (and the running game was actually good last night). he's not a good ball carrier.
    I disagree. He's a middling run blocker. A very good run blocker would not miss or glance as many assignments as he does. He had one in the backfield last night that he was lucky wasn't called for holding.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The offense can actually improve by deleting him.
    people said the same thing about Schotty. What does everyone think of Sparano now? It looks like the same garbage offense to me.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I disagree. He's a middling run blocker.
    do you agree that the run game looked good last night? When Mark wasn't throwing pick 6s or curled up in the fetal position they gained quality yardage against the Giants 1's. Better this week than against the Bengals.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great state of TEXAS
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by russelljones View Post
    He should be cut solely for getting stuffed on that short yardage run last night. Although he did catch a pass, which caught me by surprise.
    That wasn't John's fault... Moore and Mangold doubled the NT leaving Hunter to pick up the DE which he didn't... Immediately afterwards you could see Shonn show his frustration... I though the running game was decent... Powell had a nice 2-3 runs in the 2nd half as well...

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because "The Terminator" () was Rex's personal draft pick. Once you're one of Rex's boys, you're pretty much assured of making the team (see: Smith, Eric).
    Pure unadulterated truth ... Cry.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    do you agree that the run game looked good last night? When Mark wasn't throwing pick 6s or curled up in the fetal position they gained quality yardage against the Giants 1's. Better this week than against the Bengals.
    The run game looked "good?" Are you serious? Define "good" please.

    1 or 2 decent runs? Maybe for 6 yards? Wow.

    Tannenbaum and Rex dropped the ball this offseason on the offensive side of the ball. Plain and simple. This offense is putrid.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    people said the same thing about Schotty. What does everyone think of Sparano now? It looks like the same garbage offense to me.
    +1

    Crazy idea - maybe the Jets can try addition by actual addition instead of addition by subtraction. An example of this would be NOT paying the worst starting RT in the NFL a guaranteed roster bonus, and use that money to add a player who actually makes the team better.

    That said, I hope the team gives a young guy like Howard the starting role. At least there's a chance he'll improve.

    Agree that the run game looked legit enough with Conner in there. He's clearly no T-Rich, but he's not the problem.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 3.3 YPC is not gonna get it done.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    do you agree that the run game looked good last night? When Mark wasn't throwing pick 6s or curled up in the fetal position they gained quality yardage against the Giants 1's. Better this week than against the Bengals.
    Everything with you has an edge of bias or agenda, that's why so few of us take your opinions seriously anymore. Had you just asked the question on-topic, all would've been good, but you just can't help yourself. Well, Mr. Football Guru, the reason for the "fetal position" was due to the shoddy blocking of the very OL you hope to laud for making the run game more successful than the week prior. Which really isn't saying much considering how much easier it is to run block versus pass block, something anyone that has played the game of football on any level would know. Did Sanchez make a very lazy, bad pass? Yup. What excuses are you going to lay at Sanchez' feet for the piss-poor play of Hunter and your hero D'Brick?

    Oh wait, you think the run game improved because Connor played in this game? LOL, yea, I'm sure the whole running game gameplan wasn't tailored differently to accommodate the presence of a middling FB. That couldn't be the reason. Had to be that "The Terminator" was on the field blowing dudes up!

    LOLtastic.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    Immediately afterwards you could see Shonn show his frustration... I though the running game was decent... Powell had a nice 2-3 runs in the 2nd half as well...

    I saw Greene frustration as well and we don't really know why he was pissed. It could be cause the team didn't convert. My interpretation was because he was a pitch option on that play. Mark had the fullback or the pitch and Greene wanted the ball (and probably picks it up). I don't think Shonn Greene instantly evaluates what the RT is doing.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe McKnight could be out the door too. He was awful last night.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great state of TEXAS
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I saw Greene frustration as well and we don't really know why he was pissed. It could be cause the team didn't convert. My interpretation was because he was a pitch option on that play. Mark had the fullback or the pitch and Greene wanted the ball (and probably picks it up). I don't think Shonn Greene instantly evaluates what the RT is doing.
    True we don't know, but do you actually think they would attempt to convert a 3 & 1 with a pitch... Greene didn't even swing out as if it was a pitch... And I dont know about you but I would prefer that my RB evaluates the line he has to depend on to gain forward progress... but that's just me...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us