Thread: The lack of a TE that can block is a issue as well

The lack of a TE that can block is a issue as well

I don't get why the Jets got rid of Ben Hartsock, he was a very good blocking TE. Watching the last 2 games, Jeff Cumberland is awful at blocking. On run plays he gets thrown back and it hurt our runs. So its not just about the RT, we also need a guy that can block at TE so that we can give our linemen extra help.

So before the season the Jets need to find a new starting RT and a #2 TE that can block.

Keller and Cumberland couldn't block Vernon Gholston. We need a blocking TE and a 3rd down back that can help chip.

Tanenbaum was too busy worrying about getting an attention seeking religious fanatic qb he forgot to get players that would actually contribute.

you mean, hands of stone keller cant block? he cant catch either

All Pro
    They should just put Vlad out there next to Hunter. Together, they might equal one good player.

In this scenario, Connor can stay on the bench. He doesn't do anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I don't get why the Jets got rid of Ben Hartsock, he was a very good blocking TE. Watching the last 2 games, Jeff Cumberland is awful at blocking. On run plays he gets thrown back and it hurt our runs. So its not just about the RT, we also need a guy that can block at TE so that we can give our linemen extra help.

So before the season the Jets need to find a new starting RT and a #2 TE that can block.
    Are you serious? Hartsock after the '10 season was Mulligan last season..This board was torching Hartsock in '10

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Keller and Cumberland couldn't block Vernon Gholston. We need a blocking TE and a 3rd down back that can help chip.

Tanenbaum was too busy worrying about getting an attention seeking religious fanatic qb he forgot to get players that would actually contribute.
    The Tebow deal, IMO, was woody. I agree with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Are you serious? Hartsock after the '10 season was Mulligan last season..This board was torching Hartsock in '10
    I realize that Jets fans didn't like him but he was certainly better than Mulligan, he was a good blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I realize that Jets fans didn't like him but he was certainly better than Mulligan, he was a good blocker.
    who committed alot of penalties in '10