Thread: Sign MckEnzie, Carey & Burress PLEASE

Sign MckEnzie, Carey & Burress PLEASE

Cut the dead weight $2 million cap sludge that is Eric Smith to help make the room. Go after George Bryan while you're at it and get us a decent blocking tight end.

I don't want to hear "there's a reason these guys are unsigned" Rubbish. You cannot tell me they're going to be worse at blocking than Wayne Hunter, Jeff Cumberland and Dustin Keller.

The rest of our O-line besides Hunter isn't great either and that's why this offense SUCKS.

Brick - has been a good pass protector his entire career - may have lost a step and doesn't have a blocking tight end or decent blocking RB to help him like he did for years with Jones, Richardson and Hartsock.

Slauson - average player. Same as Faneca for less $$ which means he's a decent run blocker and average to below average pass protector.

Mangold - very good player but Center is may be the least important position on the O-line.

Moore - may be showing his age. Carey is younger, knows Sparano's offense and would give him some competition and depth.

And our receivers are AWFUL. I'm so sick and tired of Chaz Hatchette and Patrick McCareins. Patrick Turner can't even get separation on a drag route he's just as much to blame for that pick as Sanchez and the O-line.

Rip into me all you want everything I'm saying is 100% true. We finally got rid of dodo brain but now we don't have the personnel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Carey is younger, knows Sparano's offense and would give him some competition and depth.
    He's also retired.

And you complain about lack of separation by the WRs, but want to go out and re-sign Burress?

What a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He's also retired.

And you complain about lack of separation by the WRs, but want to go out and re-sign Burress?

What a thread.
    Burress has height and skill. Turner and Schitlens have nothing.

Carey would unretire today if we offered him a 1 year deal at the league minimum to play in an offense he already knows.

Sick and tired of all the bs excuses for this joke of a front offense. How's that precious wildcat with Teabag looking?

Carey is done, McKenzie also done, Burress, done. Good post though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Carey is done, McKenzie also done, Burress, done. Good post though.
    You're right. None of them could outperform Wayne Hunter and Patrick McCareins.

How's Braylon doing? Everyone on this site spent the entire past year and a half swearing up and done he's done.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cut the dead weight $2 million cap sludge that is Eric Smith to help make the room. Go after George Bryan while you're at it and get us a decent blocking tight end.

I don't want to hear "there's a reason these guys are unsigned" Rubbish. You cannot tell me they're going to be worse at blocking than Wayne Hunter, Jeff Cumberland and Dustin Keller.

The rest of our O-line besides Hunter isn't great either and that's why this offense SUCKS.

Brick - has been a good pass protector his entire career - may have lost a step and doesn't have a blocking tight end or decent blocking RB to help him like he did for years with Jones, Richardson and Hartsock.

Slauson - average player. Same as Faneca for less $$ which means he's a decent run blocker and average to below average pass protector.

Mangold - very good player but Center is may be the least important position on the O-line.

Moore - may be showing his age. Carey is younger, knows Sparano's offense and would give him some competition and depth.

And our receivers are AWFUL. I'm so sick and tired of Chaz Hatchette and Patrick McCareins. Patrick Turner can't even get separation on a drag route he's just as much to blame for that pick as Sanchez and the O-line.

Rip into me all you want everything I'm saying is 100% true. We finally got rid of dodo brain but now we don't have the personnel.

I could get on board with most of this...... but these two statements are absolutely ridiculous. Center is the second most important position on offense, next to the QB...... if you know football, you know that. Carey knows Sporano's system.... and, yet, Sporano doesn't want Carey.... nor, does anyone else, for that matter. Moore was a pro-bowler, last year, and has been solid for years.... there is NO WAY that Carey is an upgrade. Oh yeah, he retired by the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    I could get on board with most of this...... but these two statements are absolutely ridiculous. Center is the second most important position on offense, next to the QB...... if you know football, you know that.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    A retired Carey on the sofa drinking a Slurpee > Wayne Hunter

THERE HAS to be some RT on someone's roster that is better than Hunter. He doesn't even need to be VERY GOOD. Just simply servicable. Hunter is AWFUL and will single handedly cost the Jets the season. TANNY AND REX are AWFUL if they don't find a tackle and a TE before the season starts.

NO! NO! NO! - Daniel Bryan

I don't want Plax back at all! I'd rather suck than bring that piece of s--- back.

Veteran

Your denial and knowledge of football seem to go hand in hand....

I'm so sick and tired of Chaz Hatchette and Patrick McCareins.
    Chaz Schilens hasn't played yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Carey would unretire today if we offered him a 1 year deal at the league minimum to play in an offense he already knows.

Sick and tired of all the bs excuses for this joke of a front offense. How's that precious wildcat with Teabag looking?
    Wow, clueless and a mind reader.

All in one post.

Schillens hasn't played but he has nothing.

Carey would come back, because. No other reason, because.

Excuses? Because too?

How's the WC looking? You tell us. Since they haven't ran one WC play your powers of seeing the future are needed.

Then you back all this up with facts like C is the least important position? Why because he makes all the line calls and you don't understand the significance of that? And that Carey has ever been or ever will be better than Moore? LOL, thats just stupid.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-19-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Veteran
    the only thing i agree with the OP is that wayne hunter is terrible.

All Pro
    I can agree that Hunter is terrible ... but our O line sucked last week too (against Cincy) and Hunter wasn't even playing.

Hard to believe it's all on one guy ...

Jets Insider VIP

Its funny. Sanchez gets to have an excuse re the OL but Tebow gets no excuse. A true Jets fan! NOT

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I can agree that Hunter is terrible ... but our O line sucked last week too (against Cincy) and Hunter wasn't even playing.

That is a great point. BRICK has not been playing well at all. Moore and Slauson are doing merely OK. Nick is OK too. Hunter did not play last week and the results were exactly the same. Yet many were impressed with the way HOWARD played. Then there has got to be a reason why the offense sucks! If we keep thinking we might find the culprit!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

Our starters barely played that game and most of it was free blitzers coming in.

Center is the 2nd most important position on the O-line after LT because they help the QB with the protection calls.

All Pro

You are 100% correct no reason why the jets don't give Mckenzie a chance after all he's an original jet. dont know if Plax wants to play for us any more because of our QB situation, I thik he's disgusted with Sanchez.